ADVERTISEMENT

I've watched 1 qtr+ and the last play

N&B4PSU

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Trying to get the gumption to watch the rest but it isn't coming to me.. yet. At least i didn't delete the game... yet.

From the beginning, if i knew nothing about the outcome, I would have expected a win. But I would have been concerned that MSU had 3 ez drops for first downs... make those catches and it's a diff game from the start.

Overall, we seem faster and better. Obviously, that changed. And from I've read on the board and the clear lack of anything special to see in the first qtr, I have to wonder how much prep time the coaches put into this game. I recall reading where Franklin and company spent a lot of time recruiting. If so, was the message to the team 'just do what you typically do and these guys will fall'... it seemed msu with little prep time figured out all kinds of stuff to do to us... we had no answer -- worse, we had no imagination.

Maybe it wasn't true. Maybe the staff was pedal to the metal the whole way... focused staff, focused players. Sure didn't seem so, though.

Now, the last play. Remove the final play vs osu... does Franklin insert Tommy (or Clifford) to throw a rocket to the end zone? I'm pretty sure Tommy can rifle it there under pressure.. no way Trace can. But I think there was no chance after osu that Franklin can remove Trace from the last play this week.

Just an opinion. But I sure as hell would have preferred someone with a cannon arm to fire a missile that got reasonably close to the endzone.

Now, maybe I'll have a few shots and try watching the rest of this horror show. Maybe.

Trying to get the gumption to watch the rest but it isn't coming to me.. yet. At least i didn't delete the game... yet.

From the beginning, if i knew nothing about the outcome, I would have expected a win. But I would have been concerned that MSU had 3 ez drops for first downs... make those catches and it's a diff game from the start.

Overall, we seem faster and better. Obviously, that changed. And from I've read on the board and the clear lack of anything special to see in the first qtr, I have to wonder how much prep time the coaches put into this game. I recall reading where Franklin and company spent a lot of time recruiting. If so, was the message to the team 'just do what you typically do and these guys will fall'... it seemed msu with little prep time figured out all kinds of stuff to do to us... we had no answer -- worse, we had no imagination.

Maybe it wasn't true. Maybe the staff was pedal to the metal the whole way... focused staff, focused players. Sure didn't seem so, though.

Now, the last play. Remove the final play vs osu... does Franklin insert Tommy (or Clifford) to throw a rocket to the end zone? I'm pretty sure Tommy can rifle it there under pressure.. no way Trace can. But I think there was no chance after osu that Franklin can remove Trace from the last play this week.

Just an opinion. But I sure as hell would have preferred someone with a cannon arm to fire a missile that got reasonably close to the endzone.

Now, maybe I'll have a few shots and try watching the rest of this horror show. Maybe.

I retrieved it from my deleted bin and am going to force myself to watch. I saw highlights of Sanders and can’t believe his great effort (against a very stingy run d) was squandered. Give it to Dantonio - that dude pulled out every trick in the book. On their longest TD drive, they converted a fake punt and halfback pass and for some reason it seems like we’re always unprepared for that stuff.

Okay, Wild Turkey poured - let’s do this...

I retrieved it from my deleted bin and am going to force myself to watch. I saw highlights of Sanders and can’t believe his great effort (against a very stingy run d) was squandered. Give it to Dantonio - that dude pulled out every trick in the book. On their longest TD drive, they converted a fake punt and halfback pass and for some reason it seems like we’re always unprepared for that stuff.

Okay, Wild Turkey poured - let’s do this...
Exactly, Mid. Last week osu shut down Sanders but trace had a great game. This week we pretty much saw the opposite. In both instances, they should have been wins.

Only conclusion is the other teams were tougher. Frankly, my hat is off to the msu kids for believing in themselves when all appeared lost. You just saw what a great coach can do... and that schmuck from msu just made it so.

Ack. Sad but true.

Salute... to the Wild Turkey! Gonna need plenty.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I agree on putting Stevens or Clifford in for the Hail Mary. I love Trace, but pressured or not, he’s not getting it into the end zone from where we were on the field. It’s a snowball’s chance anyway, but it’s zero chance if the ball doesn’t get to the EZ.

I agree on putting Stevens or Clifford in for the Hail Mary. I love Trace, but pressured or not, he’s not getting it into the end zone from where we were on the field. It’s a snowball’s chance anyway, but it’s zero chance if the ball doesn’t get to the EZ.

Big sigh. I just watched the rest of the first half and everything changed in the blink of an eye

Having not read the thread on the game i'm sure i'm being redundant but here it is... everything changed when 53 went out.

Next play, we stop 3rd and very long and the referines hit us with a bogus hold and give msu life. They move down the field, then punt and pin us deep. We escape (in large pt cuz d'antonio goes all stoopid and punts with 15 secs left rather than try for a 15 yard first down pass and FG to cut to 14-10).

But all the mo has swung to other side of the field with the penalty.

Instead of msu punting and we get it up 14-7 with HUGE momentum around our 40 with a ton of time to play with... they get a boner gift and we pay huge.

My opinion, that was where it all went south.

And can someone please tell me the deal on Parsons? I have yet to see #11 in this game. Is he wearing a diff jersey?? Is he hurt? Is he sidelined? WTF??

I still find it hard to believe that MSU punted late in the 4th qtr and managed to get the ball back for the winning drive. Thought it was a bad move …. wow, was I wrong.

...actually it wasn't a big effect..
... Michigan State never used that 3rd time out for their winning march...they just kept making 1st downs, which stopped the clock for them...

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT