ADVERTISEMENT

It's time to say wide reliever U

Dude in front of me took up one and a half of the seat cushions. Totally threw off the dynamics of that row, and my legs were open at a 170 degree angle to stradle him. I needed some relief from that wideness for sure. Sumbitch was thicc too, like 4 feet wide and 3 feet deep. Just impossible to do anything about the situation. A total honey badger, made no attempt to suck it in, or anything. And put away a chicken tendie basket and 2 sodas so obviously not working on his fitness. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Dude in front of me took up one and a half of the seat cushions. Totally threw off the dynamics of that row, and my legs were open at a 170 degree angle to stradle him. I needed some relief from that wideness for sure. Sumbitch was thicc too, like 4 feet wide and 3 feet deep. Just impossible to do anything about the situation. A total honey badger, made no attempt to suck it in, or anything. And put away a chicken tendie basket and 2 sodas so obviously not working on his fitness. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

I always try to get seats in the last row of the “lower” bowl for this reason. Have had a couple ushers let me stand behind my seat when a row contains more asscheek than bench.

The seat spacing on those benches is simply not in sync with the average width of today’s American.

Then there was the time — it may have been the game against Nebraska in 2002 — when some genius whose ticket wasn’t next to his buddies thought he could simply “squeeze in” next to them in the same row where my dad and I were sitting. Yeah, no one would notice, right?

Well, my rear certainly IS in sync with the trend in today’s society (and then some, admittedly — give me a break, I’m tall too lol) so I noticed. The re-seating process after the national anthem was su awkward that I counted the butts in our row, and lo and behold, something was amiss. I asked for everyone to please show their ticket — Mr. Genius popped up, said “see you after the game” to his friends, and slinked away.

ADVERTISEMENT