ADVERTISEMENT

It's Official: Auburn Is The White Out

what's stopping everyone from wearing white for michigan as well? start spreading the word now, even though the OFFICIAL whiteout is auburn, the UNOFFICIAL whiteout is Michigan. B1G took it from us last year, so we're taking it back this year.

Reactions: BobPSU92
If you remember in 2016 JF kept telling everyone to wear white and there ended up being like 3 unofficial W.O.'s.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Thought it may be interesting to gauge the initial reaction of the Auburn fanbase...2 Auburn beat reporters:

Separately, a Georgia podcaster:

...and a couple of general comments:

what's stopping everyone from wearing white for michigan as well? start spreading the word now, even though the OFFICIAL whiteout is auburn, the UNOFFICIAL whiteout is Michigan. B1G took it from us last year, so we're taking it back this year.
Screw Michigan. Having a white out is a form of respect. Don’t wear white because they just aren’t worthy of it.

Screw Michigan. Having a white out is a form of respect. Don’t wear white because they just aren’t worthy of it.
oooooooooor have the whiteout, and cause them to look like IDIOTS when they have to take a timeout before the first offensive play of the game. either way i guess

I like it! Blue for Michigan it is.
I still have trouble forgiving Auburn for this: was at some early 2000’s outback (I think) vs them and my group of buddies stopped our cabs to help an auburn cpl stuck in a torrential downpour. Dropped them off at their hotel. Really friendly to them on the drive. We didn’t ask for $0.01. On their way outta the cab they screamed ‘War Eagle’ in our faces. So low-budget. We were like “It’s on!” Penn St proceeded to throttle them in a mudbowl. Since then, have trouble rooting for them at all

I remember people in past crying about white outs late in season because they don’t have colder weather white attire.

I still have trouble forgiving Auburn for this: was at some early 2000’s outback (I think) vs them and my group of buddies stopped our cabs to help an auburn cpl stuck in a torrential downpour. Dropped them off at their hotel. Really friendly to them on the drive. We didn’t ask for $0.01. On their way outta the cab they screamed ‘War Eagle’ in our faces. So low-budget. We were like “It’s on!” Penn St proceeded to throttle them in a mudbowl. Since then, have trouble rooting for them at all

I had the opposite experience at the 2003 Citrus Bowl. Auburn fans welcomed my brother and me into their tailgates and were very pleasant. Meanwhile way too many Penn Staters were drunken idiots, it was embarrassing

I had the opposite experience at the 2003 Citrus Bowl. Auburn fans welcomed my brother and me into their tailgates and were very pleasant. Meanwhile way too many Penn Staters were drunken idiots, it was embarrassing
I was at that game too. Was blown away by how many Auburn fans there and how loud they were

It’ll be fun to have a warm weather white out. OTOH, Auburn has played in big games before. It's not as though they’ll be afraid to come out of the tunnel. No doubt they’ll embrace the challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: m48tank
So the Mich game is a student white out game.

Everyone else should wear blue so that Mich gets the message they are not whiteout worthy!😂
Everyone else should wear white to increase the home field advantage. 4-5 teams have no business acting cocky about anything.

You can be sure they know what they’re going to see. Whether preparation can match reality is another question, tho.

They definitely won’t be calling time out on the first play - the opening of the 2019 UM whiteout amazes me every time I watch it as the crowd gets even louder when the whistle blows and I’m sure Michigan loves to be the demonstration of the white out played everywhere now.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
You can be sure they know what they’re going to see. Whether preparation can match reality is another question, tho.

They definitely won’t be calling time out on the first play - the opening of the 2019 UM whiteout amazes me every time I watch it as the crowd gets even louder when the whistle blows and I’m sure Michigan loves to be the demonstration of the white out played everywhere now.
That's what I am saying...Michigan and Ohio State have played in this white out game for 20 years and neither one of them can handle it....Meyer himself says its by FAR the hardest place to play in the nation...worth 10 POINTS according to h
When did da OSU play in Athens, Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge?
Pretty sure Urban Meyer has been there or knows folks who have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT