ADVERTISEMENT

It's mid-day on Monday and the Iowa Crybabies are still infesting this board. When

PeetzPoolBoy

Sep 24, 2013
do they cease posting here and migrate to the Spartan board to begin polluting that one?

They are perhaps the most insufferable fan base in the B1G.

59c82c3534a58.image.jpg

Wah - McSorley punted the ball - Wah We don't like your coach 'cause he's mean - wah he called Pitt Akron - wah he called a TO to ice a kicker when up by 56 - wah we weren't good enough to beat PSU so we will cry like babies about it a little longer. Isn't there some corn that needs to be harvested.

Iowa is not important to Penn State anymore. We have much bigger games on our schedule left. They are just another win along the way to a Big Ten Championship. Now go plow your farm, idiot.
Iowa was important to PSU for about 3hours. They were important to the rest of college football back in the 80's for about a month.

I think you guys need to admit a few things here...

1) There will always be a percentage of posters from other fanbases who will never let you guys forget about the Sandusky case. In a "let's talk football" sense, rise above it.

2) Aligned with #1 above, trolls will always troll...and #1 is going to draw out 10x the usual number of trolls. You guys better grow a thicker skin about it.

3) A lot of Iowa posters took this loss really hard...and if that pass somehow goes incomplete, I suspect your guys' reactions would be similar.

4) A few of your players' and head coach's behavior, while to me is completely overblown from a "constructive football talk" standpoint, also doesn't help.

I've posted on our football board more than once post-game, all this "non-football" horse manure, Iowa fans need to just drop it and get over the loss. You guys beat us, in agonizing fashion at that. But to demean that absolutely fantastic football game by participating in this he said she said crap does nothing but incite more of it and allow the acrimony to fester everything above noted.

I come here every year to talk football...most everything else is just idiotic. I suspect that's why you guys are here also.

Don't fall for the bait...don't feed the trolls.

If Iowa is insufferable, how would you describe Rutgers?

I have never been to Iowa City for a game but I have been to Piscataway for one and Rutgers fans make Iowa fans look like pathetic amateurs when it comes to spewing bile.

1) There will always be a percentage of posters from other fanbases who will never let you guys forget about the Sandusky case. In a "let's talk football" sense, rise above it.

2) Aligned with #1 above, trolls will always troll...and #1 is going to draw out 10x the usual number of trolls. You guys better grow a thicker skin about it.

3) A lot of Iowa posters took this loss really hard...and if that pass somehow goes incomplete, I suspect your guys' reactions would be similar.

4) A few of your players' and head coach's behavior, while to me is completely overblown from a "constructive football talk" standpoint, also doesn't help.

I've posted on our football board more than once post-game, all this "non-football" horse manure, Iowa fans need to just drop it and get over the loss. You guys beat us, in agonizing fashion at that. But to demean that absolutely fantastic football game by participating in this he said she said crap does nothing but incite more of it and allow the acrimony to fester everything above noted.

I come here every year to talk football...most everything else is just idiotic. I suspect that's why you guys are here also.

Every fan base does have their morons, but in terms of a percentage (which is how you can measure it) some are much worse than others...Pitt, Rutgers and Iowa top the list. I get Pitt and Rutgers...they're close and they've been irrelevant for years. I don't get the hatred from Iowa. If it's about wrestling, then that's just stupid.

Reactions: m48tank

1. Not a valid response.
2. Ditto
3. Who cares
4. Our players took crap from your fans, some twice their age or better, all game long. Pedo, Sandusky, and other unspeakable drivel. They just won the damn game and your "classy" fanbase is all butt hurt that our kids responded in kind? Maybe you guys should grow thicker skin.

Oh and this:

Look familiar? I must have missed Iowa's outrage last year.

Yeah and Ferentz is still leading the series 8-6 whoopee you finally beat Iowa in a night game when you were in the top 5
2008 nite game in happy valley when you were ranked #3
2009 nite game in Kinnick when you were ranked #5

and finally on the last in a game when you were a 12.5 favorite over a team had a OL that was completely rebuilt the season OL was supposed to look like this
LT RSSR Myer
LG JR Render
C JR Daniels
RG RSSR Welsh
RT RSSR Boettger
now after 3 weeks it is this
LT RSFR Jackson
LG RSSR Myer who just returned from injuries
C JR Daniel
RG JR Render
RT RSSR Welsh
their offense had 6 new starters QB SO Stanley a 1st year starter the defense had 4 new starters in DT SO Lattimore, CB SO Rugunba, CB JR Jackson and S SO Hooker

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

It appears to me that MOST Iowa fans (not all, of course) who have come here have been great sports before and after the game. In fact, I was more impressed after the game due to the difficult way it ended. I want to thank you for contributing some great comments to this board and I think they were well-said.

Yeah and Ferentz is still leading the series 8-6 whoopee you finally beat Iowa in a night game when you were in the top 5

and finally on the last in a game when you were a 12.5 favorite over a team had a OL that was completely rebuilt the season OL was supposed to look like this
LT RSSR Myer
LG JR Render
C JR Daniels
RG RSSR Welsh
RT RSSR Boettger
LT RSFR Jackson
C JR Daniel
RG JR Render
RT RSSR Welsh
their offense had 6 new starters QB SO Stanley a 1st year starter the defense had 4 new starters in DT SO Lattimore, CB SO Rugunba, CB JR Jackson and S SO Hooker

21-19

LT RSSR Myer
LG JR Render
C JR Daniels
RG RSSR Welsh
RT RSSR Boettger
LT RSFR Jackson
C JR Daniel
RG JR Render
RT RSSR Welsh
The 2009 game was in Beaver Stadium, not Kinnick. If you're going to be a jerk who sites history, get it correct.

I have no problem with visiting fans who come to discuss football. They are more than welcome as far as I'm concerned.

That said, the history of Iowa posters here (over the past 5 years) and on Iowa sites colors the reaction toward Iowa. The good Iowa posters (and there have been some here) are just going to have to 'grow a thicker skin' as you say.

Since the game I'm just stunned at the Iowa reaction to your #4. What has James Franklin ever done to Iowa/ Iowa fans/ the state of Iowa/ corn that suddenly has all of Iowa upset at him?

He went to shake hands post game while Ferentz did a 'drive by' barely looking at or speaking to Franklin. Franklin and McSorely heaped all kinds of praise on the Iowa team, fans, and Kinnick during post game interviews while still on the field. Barkley shook hands with an Iowa fan in the stands post game (instead of ignoring them or doing a Ferentz/ Carr 'drive by').

Yet your upset at Penn State's "players and coach's behavior"?? Is all of the upset really over McSorely punting a ball after the game was over? Seriously?

Last edited:

LT RSSR Myer
LG JR Render
C JR Daniels
RG RSSR Welsh
RT RSSR Boettger
LT RSFR Jackson
C JR Daniel
RG JR Render
RT RSSR Welsh

Punctuation is your friend. You suck.

Reactions: FightOnState

LT RSSR Myer
LG JR Render
C JR Daniels
RG RSSR Welsh
RT RSSR Boettger
LT RSFR Jackson
C JR Daniel
RG JR Render
RT RSSR Welsh
Nice arbitrary starting point. Welp, Franklin is kicking your ass. See..that was easy.

LT RSSR Myer
LG JR Render
C JR Daniels
RG RSSR Welsh
RT RSSR Boettger
LT RSFR Jackson
C JR Daniel
RG JR Render
RT RSSR Welsh
Come back when Ferentz beats our current coach.

Reactions: FightOnState
ADVERTISEMENT