ADVERTISEMENT

Its HERE...Its Nationals Week ....LFG!!!!!!!

I will be driving to Detroit Wednesday, anyone have good food/drink recommendations
We were in Michigan in October for 10d, began/ended in metro Detroit.

General recommendations:
- Dearborn has the best Arabic food in the country, and with several ethnic varieties that are hard to find anywhere else in the US. It's only 15-20 min from downtown. Highly recommended for anyone with a car, whether driving in or renting at the airport.
- For your Arabic food, Lebanese and "Middle Eastern" (almost always Lebanese) should be your fall-back plan -- you can get these anywhere.
- Get "Detroit Style Pizza" once. It's not east coast pizza, also not that Chicago monstrosity. Not bad if one can put away east coast pizza snobbery for one meal.
- I wonder what the Greektown section of downtown is known for ...

In Dearborn:
- Sheeba (Yemeni, downtown Dearborn) -- excellent food, best we meal had in 10d in Michigan; palacial restaurant with huge parking lot in the back
- Al Chabab (Syrian, East Dearbornistan) -- really good, get the cherry kabab; hole in the wall with street parking, easy to miss without GPS (yellow sign not easy to read from street)

We didn't eat in the city (just didn't turn out that way), but here were the places we had highlighted:
- Leila (Lebanese, downtown)
- Frita Batidos (Cuban/burgers, downtown)
- Vicente (Cuban, downtown)
- Brass Rail (pizza, downtown)
- Mike's Kabob Grille (Lebanese diner, downtown)
- Detroiter Bar (burgers, Greektown)
- Golden Fleece (Greek, Greektown)
- Niki's Greektown Pizza
- Old Shillelagh (Irish pub, Greektown)
- Pie Sci Pizza (Midtown, need car)
- Takoi (Thai, Corktown -- SW of downtown, need car)
- El Barzon (upscale Mex, Mexicantown -- SW of downtown, need car)

The guides will tell you to go to Slows BBQ (Corktown). We ate there on a previous trip. I'd skip it -- it's OK but seriously overrated hipster food. You can get just as good anywhere else in the country.
Very informative, I’ll do my best to try a few places, thanks!

It would be surprising if they did with a mangled shoulder and torn ACL. I'm not giving up hope however, as Cory Clark, Nolf, Spencer etc. found a way. Gotta believe!
Not being argumentative, but Kemerer and Eierman while both damn good neither is a Nolf or a Spencer. Those two are freakishly great even when measured against history.
The analogy with Clark is fitting. A tremendously tough competitor wrestling with a severely injured joint looking to accomplish a lifelong dream.
Their success would come at the expense of a couple of Lions so I am rooting for neither, but gosh darn it I have some tremendous admiration for each.

We were in Michigan in October for 10d, began/ended in metro Detroit.

General recommendations:
- Dearborn has the best Arabic food in the country, and with several ethnic varieties that are hard to find anywhere else in the US. It's only 15-20 min from downtown. Highly recommended for anyone with a car, whether driving in or renting at the airport.
- For your Arabic food, Lebanese and "Middle Eastern" (almost always Lebanese) should be your fall-back plan -- you can get these anywhere.
- Get "Detroit Style Pizza" once. It's not east coast pizza, also not that Chicago monstrosity. Not bad if one can put away east coast pizza snobbery for one meal.
- I wonder what the Greektown section of downtown is known for ...

In Dearborn:
- Sheeba (Yemeni, downtown Dearborn) -- excellent food, best we meal had in 10d in Michigan; palacial restaurant with huge parking lot in the back
- Al Chabab (Syrian, East Dearbornistan) -- really good, get the cherry kabab; hole in the wall with street parking, easy to miss without GPS (yellow sign not easy to read from street)

We didn't eat in the city (just didn't turn out that way), but here were the places we had highlighted:
- Leila (Lebanese, downtown)
- Frita Batidos (Cuban/burgers, downtown)
- Vicente (Cuban, downtown)
- Brass Rail (pizza, downtown)
- Mike's Kabob Grille (Lebanese diner, downtown)
- Detroiter Bar (burgers, Greektown)
- Golden Fleece (Greek, Greektown)
- Niki's Greektown Pizza
- Old Shillelagh (Irish pub, Greektown)
- Pie Sci Pizza (Midtown, need car)
- Takoi (Thai, Corktown -- SW of downtown, need car)
- El Barzon (upscale Mex, Mexicantown -- SW of downtown, need car)

The guides will tell you to go to Slows BBQ (Corktown). We ate there on a previous trip. I'd skip it -- it's OK but seriously overrated hipster food. You can get just as good anywhere else in the country.
So, Dad and I are at Al Chabab. Both of us need to know how in the world you selected this place, out of all of the similar places.

So, Dad and I are at Al Chabab. Both of us need to know how in the world you selected this place, out of all of the similar places.
There are very few Syrian restaurants in the US. That's one of them. We like to try different stuff.

We liked it, otherwise wouldn't have listed it. That said, it is a real hole in the wall.

Reactions: hlstone
There are very few Syrian restaurants in the US. That's one of them. We like to try different stuff.

We liked it, otherwise wouldn't have listed it. That said, it is a real hole in the wall.
00-IDgXAEv10fi3d6CutAHsCUruQn3n2VjXTpFOnYnEYjknm_MAtxXnCYFgotX4w2aTUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

Reactions: hlstone and El-Jefe
Oh I have been able to get her to watch on e or twice but then I hear this scoring doesn't make sense and why are they wearing those stupid uniforms you know typical not understanding wrestling BS so I've made my mind up to go it alone with watching wrestling on TV or taking a buddy to a match she doesn't like it and never will lol. Trust me I explained the history of it and she was not impressed not one little bit lol

I understand.

Maybe I'm lucky with my wife, she had four brothers and battlin' makes some sort of intrinsic sense to her.

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
Settling in with a couple TVs and computers to watch. I have taken both sons to the NCAA's when they were HS seniors. Took their favorite coaches along as well. Anyhow my wife informed me she wanted to go to the NCAAs. She has her favorites. RBY and Nick currently but Nolf, Zain, Bo are all on the list. But Cassar was her eye candy. (Should I worry?)

ADVERTISEMENT