ADVERTISEMENT

Its HERE...Its Nationals Week ....LFG!!!!!!!

dunkej01

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
State(s) are over and its finally time to put the women and children to bed and go looking for dinner. Literally for some of you.

The Nits are heading to Cael Rock City with the hopes and dreams of bringing home ring #9 of the post evil empire era and #10 overall.

Lots of story lines. Lots of testosterone. Lots of favorite adult beverages shared with friends and foes alike.

I myself find that I am a bit in purgatory this week. My daughters soccer team is in Richmond for what is consider (Im told) one of the biggest youth soccer tournaments on the east coast annually. In our division we play teams from Chicago, ATL, Philly. Teams from all over populate the other divisions. Pretty wild. However, I will find myself having to stay in central MD for work and you guessed it Nationals! So the wife isnt exactly happy with me, but a man gotsz to do what a mans gotsz to do. Besides while you guys are there watching all the action, someone must mind the fields here at BWI/NN and keep the raiders at an acceptable level.

Safe travels to all of you heading west to the land of the 8 mile. Stay safe, cheer loud, wear your blue and white proudly and bring us home #9!

We ARE!

its-go-time-show-time.gif

State(s) are over and its finally time to put the women and children to bed and go looking for dinner. Literally for some of you.

The Nits are heading to Cael Rock City with the hopes and dreams of bringing home ring #9 of the post evil empire era and #10 overall.

Lots of story lines. Lots of testosterone. Lots of favorite adult beverages shared with friends and foes alike.

I myself find that I am a bit in purgatory this week. My daughters soccer team is in Richmond for what is consider (Im told) one of the biggest youth soccer tournaments on the east coast annually. In our division we play teams from Chicago, ATL, Philly. Teams from all over populate the other divisions. Pretty wild. However, I will find myself having to stay in central MD for work and you guessed it Nationals! So the wife isnt exactly happy with me, but a man gotsz to do what a mans gotsz to do. Besides while you guys are there watching all the action, someone must mind the fields here at BWI/NN and keep the raiders at an acceptable level.

Safe travels to all of you heading west to the land of the 8 mile. Stay safe, cheer loud, wear your blue and white proudly and bring us home #9!

We ARE!
Well done! I had two buds who were unable to overcome the objections of their wives and now I’m left holding a bag with two extra tickets. Apparently fortitude is in short supply outside of MD. Anyway, if any readers are interested in some cheap tix in the PSU section (227 row 4) …. let me know. I told my garden party loving buddies that I would attempt to ameliorate their financial commitment.

We ARE!
Jefferson Cup tourney in Richmond?

Reactions: hlstone
Well done! I had two buds who were unable to overcome the objections of their wives and now I’m left holding a bag with two extra tickets. Apparently fortitude is in short supply outside of MD. Anyway, if any readers are interested in some cheap tix in the PSU section (227 row 4) …. let me know. I told my garden party loving buddies that I would attempt to ameliorate their financial commitment.
It seems to me across the intrawebs there are a lot of tickets for sale. Not sure what to make of it.

I had visions of grandeur for Nationals. I have my normal work day on Thursday, off Friday, and looks like I’m getting mandoed for Saturday/Sunday. So I’ll be sans an alcoholic beverage damn near all weekend, so fellas I ask of you this, have one for me Saturday night!

Go State!!!!!

Reactions: creamery freak
ahhh, the Strikers Jefferson cup.. young men were last week and the older young men is next. I had a lot of fun on soccer trips once I got a few other parents to realize they should be enjoying themselves and not living/breathing on their kids success...

We ARE!

We ARE
ahhh, the Strikers Jefferson cup..

I had visions of grandeur for Nationals. I have my normal work day on Thursday, off Friday, and looks like I’m getting mandoed for Saturday/Sunday. So I’ll be sans an alcoholic beverage damn near all weekend, so fellas I ask of you this, have one for me Saturday night!

Go State!!!!!
Mission accepted. I will not let you down.

Reactions: danoftw
It seems to me across the intrawebs there are a lot of tickets for sale. Not sure what to make of it.
Yes - I looked at unloading my 2 tix on StubHub and 2 other sites. Prices for 200 level seats were low $300’s and a few dreamers up at $700. Screw that! I’d rather sell below list to a PSU fan than chance sitting beside an unrealistic Michigan fan or the kind of scuz that sprayed beer on me at Kinnick last fall.

Reactions: creamery freak

We ARE!
Why can't the women and children watch?

What is it with wives and this time of year or wrestling in general. Lol

My wife spends most of her time looking at me outta the corner of her eye and grumbles something like what wrestling again. Don't they know this shit is year around lol. Ive acquiesced to the notion that if I'm ever going to make Nationals she's coming with and there better be outlets close by.

My wife spends most of her time looking at me outta the corner of her eye and grumbles something like what wrestling again. Don't they know this shit is year around lol. Ive acquiesced to the notion that if I'm ever going to make Nationals she's coming with and there better be outlets close by.
And you're not going to Detroit because why?

"I had two buds who were unable to overcome the objections of their wives"

Unless theses guys are leaving them home with three kids under seven, they are pathetic. That's my wife's observation.

Have you thought of getting copies of The Taming of the Shrew? Or a referral to an endocrinologist for the low T?

I've been married for almost twenty years. My wife watches wrestling with me. All it took was "watch it with me".

I'm pretty sure she's smart enough to realize that if I'm home watching wrestling, she gets a few hours when she knows I'm a purring housecat rather than my more naturally disposed bobcat, but that's ok.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
I had a lot of fun ... once I got a few other parents to realize they should be enjoying themselves and not living/breathing on their kids success...
Thank heaven none of us are living/breathing on our wrestlers' success and failing to enjoy ourselves in the process....
;)

Reactions: slushhead
And you're not going to Detroit because why?
Well because it's Detroit. We went up there to see my brother towards the upper peninsula and she wasn't impressed. Especially with Detroit lol. Just kidding just didn't plan ahead enough one of my twins has a baby shower on the 20th which will give me a chance to talk shit on Iowa while that's going on lol

"I had two buds who were unable to overcome the objections of their wives"

Unless theses guys are leaving them home with three kids under seven, they are pathetic. That's my wife's observation.

Have you thought of getting copies of The Taming of the Shrew? Or a referral to an endocrinologist for the low T?

I've been married for almost twenty years. My wife watches wrestling with me. All it took was "watch it with me".

I'm pretty sure she's smart enough to realize that if I'm home watching wrestling, she gets a few hours when she knows I'm a purring housecat rather than my more naturally disposed bobcat, but that's ok.
Oh I have been able to get her to watch on e or twice but then I hear this scoring doesn't make sense and why are they wearing those stupid uniforms you know typical not understanding wrestling BS so I've made my mind up to go it alone with watching wrestling on TV or taking a buddy to a match she doesn't like it and never will lol. Trust me I explained the history of it and she was not impressed not one little bit lol

Well because it's Detroit. We went up there to see my brother towards the upper peninsula and she wasn't impressed. Especially with Detroit lol. Just kidding just didn't plan ahead enough one of my twins has a baby shower on the 20th which will give me a chance to talk shit on Iowa while that's going on lol
A return to Philthy is coming....start planning now

These still available? There's a chance...

My wife might come to a tournament, but we both prefer the comfort of a huge Lazy Boy and an 85" TV. She always blocks out the time for Big10 and NCAA and makes sure there are no visitors or conflicts. Treats are served as requested. I'm very lucky. Her favorite wrestler is Bo. She calls him noodle arms. She teases me by referring to the singlets as onesies. When I corrected that to singlets, she retorted with unitards. I told her those are reserved for Iowa. Let's have a great tournament and celebrate the Penn State victory. After our studs de-nut Iowa, their wrestlers and fans can be celibate.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
ADVERTISEMENT