It's going bad for the prosecution

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Which one do you go to first? I say the shotgun.
Always chose the AR first if possible and it's workable. I can wrote pages why different guns should be used here and now, but what matters is here and now. If you possibly have multiple assailants to deal with it's a better choice. As soon as my suppressor comes in I will use that as my home defense gun even though the shots will be close range.

Reactions: republion

CF LION

May 29, 2001
Always chose the AR first if possible and it's workable. I can wrote pages why different guns should be used here and now, but what matters is here and now. If you possibly have multiple assailants to deal with it's a better choice. As soon as my suppressor comes in I will use that as my home defense gun even though the shots will be close range.
I hear ya, I just like the visual of a shotgun better.

republion

Mar 24, 2009
My advise again is get the hell out. If you stay and are forced to defend your family, you will pay a terrible place. If your shoot some one, especially if you kill someone, the media will hound you for weeks, the DA will probably prosecute, and the mobs will target you for revenge. No property is worth all that. Get outta town until it is safe to return.
Home values are through the roof. I would love nothing more than to sell, cash out, and avoid the “war”. But it’s much easier said than done.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I hear ya, I just like the visual of a shotgun better.
Right now for various reasons I use a suppressed 9 mm. It's workable and my angles are fine. A shotgun would be more unwieldy but might work for others. I prefer 30 rounds to 6 though, always. However a slug will hit much harder. You need to aim a shotgun, no matter what some people say and my distances are close so I'm choosing the AR. 4 Hornady 75 gr bullets in a second with 26 more beats a slug and 5 left in the case of more than one person. I'll add that my wife isn't well trained so it's on me. She has an arm injury that prevents her from using a decent caliber.

Reactions: republion

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Derek Chauvin has been treated like a mass murderer and a guy who by all accounts was a druggie criminal ne'er-do-well has been canonized by your team.

The testimony you're describing is largely a distraction. The autopsy report is the critical evidence, and it states that Chauvin had three times a lethal level of fentanyl in his system and likely died because of a drug overdose. Period.

There's a lot more at stake here than the life of a cop who made some bad judgments in the middle of a highly stressful situation.

1. Derek Chauvin “has been treated like a mass murderer?” He killed one person. Who doesn’t know THAT, Jerry? That being said, he knelt on Floyd’s neck for nine and a half minutes, despite the fact that Floyd was face down on the ground with his hands cuffed behind his back. Despite the fact that his fellow cops were telling him that they couldn’t detect a pulse in Floyd. Despite the arrival of paramedics
and their request that he get up off of Floyd.

The paramedics had to drag Chauvin off of Floyd. And your conclusion is that it amounted to nothing more than “ bad judgment?”

2. “Druggie criminal ne’er do well.”
LOL, Jerry. One of the more lamentable aspects of stories like this one is the tendency of people to either lionize or demonize both the victim and the cop. I have no interest in doing either. Floyd clearly WAS a petty criminal. His passing off a counterfeit $20 bill is what triggered this whole incident. But he did not deserve to be killed for it. I think the jury will come to the same conclusion.

Reactions: CDW3333

Hotshoe

Administrator
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
When this crap went down last year, about a month or so later, police shot someone in the town north of me. Town and county of 40k. A totally justified takedown of a guy that was attacking others with a gun. Next day, BLM and ANTIFA showed up for no reason to protest. They brought people to NC from MD to SC.

They posted it on FB and Twitter. A number of sites and emails were found by authorities threatening areas out of town and in the country areas. The police further warned area residents of the threats. The threats were to attack where police wouldn't be, out in the country, for justice. That was the day my AR15 and shotgun went from my gun safe in the shop to inside my home. They're still there. Before that, I had a very old 35 cal revolver, and that's it. I didn't care if the police confiscated it if something happened.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
When this crap went down last year, about a month or so later, police shot someone in the town north of me. Town and county of 40k. A totally justified takedown of a guy that was attacking others with a gun. Next day, BLM and ANTIFA showed up for no reason to protest. They brought people to NC from MD to SC.

They posted it on FB and Twitter. A number of sites and emails were found by authorities threatening areas out of town and in the country areas. The police further warned area residents of the threats. The threats were to attack where police wouldn't be, out in the country, for justice. That was the day my AR15 and shotgun went from my gun safe in the shop to inside my home. They're still there. Before that, I had a very old 35 cal revolver, and that's it. I didn't care if the police confiscated it if something happened.
You can't placate the mob Hotshoe and they will make something out of nothing. give them an inch they will take a mile.

Hotshoe

Administrator
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
I said to my client this morning, no matter the conviction or exonerated, murder 1, 2, 3, or acquittal, they'll most like destroy the city in some way. No doubt in my mind. I just hope more people don't get hurt.

Reactions: gjbankos

republion

Mar 24, 2009
But, with the shotgun you don't even need to aim at the perp(s). Just walk outside on the balcony and fire two blasts and all your problems are over. The perps will just leave.
That’s my fave line ever. Take your double barrel shotgun, head out to your balcony and blindly fire 2 shots at who the hell knows what, and be left holding your dick (or vadge) in your hand. Brilliant!!!!

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005

That is because Burn Loot Murder has no interest in peace. All they want is mayhem, because peace diminishes their perceived power.

Reactions: WeR0206

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
Sure seems like the prosecution is more interested in showing that he didn't die of an overdose than that he did die due to Chauvin

DandyDonII

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2002
Here ^^^^ is where you lost most of us.

Ben Shapiro. Bwahahahaha!

The testimony from the Irish pulmonologist was pretty devastating to Chauvin’s (and therefore your) defense argument that it was the drugs that killed Floyd. The pulmonologist testified that oxygen deprivation caused by Chauvin’s knee to the neck was what caused Floyd’s death, And he added that it would have caused death in even the healthiest and most fully non- medicated person.

I read that too, sounded quite bad for the defense. That being said, I know there is video of Chauvin's neck being on the shoulder, from what I read yesterday, the pictures being used for the defense for this were all taken after Floyd supposedly died. Assuming that is true, is that the case because that camera view wasn't available for the time before death or because that view showed him on the neck during that time period?

Would be interesting to know how long it would take drugs to enter the system and cause death, assuming he just ate a bunch of drugs.....How did the doctor come to his opinion in light of the fact that Floyd had stated he was already having problems breathing (I think Floyd was lying at that point, but no way to prove that).

The defense obviously knew this was all coming, I wonder what doctors they have lined up to muddy the waters?

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
There is video of Chauvin kneeling on Floyd’s NECK. For minutes on end. Witness testimony corroborates that.

Another angle shows he really isn't on the neck but don't let that stop your narrative. The Minny police chief and their use of force expert both forced acknowledged that he wasn't kneeling on his neck but on his shoulder blade during cross examination .

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Another angle shows he really isn't on the neck but don't let that stop your narrative. The Minny police chief and their use of force expert both forced acknowledged that he wasn't kneeling on his neck but on his shoulder blade during cross examination .
Everyone and his brother has seen a lot of video of this incident. And multiple people who were there have also testified concerning the placement of Chauvin's knee. Believe what you want to believe. I have no interest in debating it with you here. Let's see what the jury concludes.

LaJolla Lion

May 29, 2001
Cumberland line
Everyone and his brother has seen a lot of video of this incident. And multiple people who were there have also testified concerning the placement of Chauvin's knee. Believe what you want to believe. I have no interest in debating it with you here. Let's see what the jury concludes.
He's on crack. What they showed was one portions of the video where his knee moved. It was most certainly on the neck almost the entire time....you don't die from a lack of oxygen with someone kneeling on your should blade. Then these people talk narratives....that video is crystal clear as was the entire chain of command. Yeah...he was on the shoulder and died due to a lack of oxygen.....you have to be a special sort of sheep to buy that.

Reactions: NJPSU

Hotshoe

Administrator
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
You're surprised that every one of the witnesses doesn't give identical testimony? Expert witnesses in particular?
Fully agree. On the murder trial I sat on, 3 different psychologists disagreed on the perpetrator. They basically are bought and paid for.

Reactions: LafayetteBear

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
He's on crack. What they showed was one portions of the video where his knee moved. It was most certainly on the neck almost the entire time....you don't die from a lack of oxygen with someone kneeling on your should blade. Then these people talk narratives....that video is crystal clear as was the entire chain of command. Yeah...he was on the shoulder and died due to a lack of oxygen.....you have to be a special sort of sheep to buy that.

You die from asphyxiation due to drug overdose. The guy was complaining he couldn't breath way before he asked the officers to put him on the ground. Toxicology report proves most people would have OD with the levels of drugs in his system.

I know that it can be hard to hear something contrary to what liberal media is stuffing your willing throat. The fact that the liberal media refuses to show anything in the trial that is contrary to their narrative will inflame the masses even more if a not guilty verdict comes back and make the riots and looting all that much worse. This will result in more destruction, injury and death but I'm sure you are OK with that because your social media masters say so.

Last edited:

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
I'm waiting for the video that shows Floyd struggling as a natural response a lucid, clear headed person would have when running out of oxygen.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Including the prosecution witness who said more force was justified?
As you saw he testified that more forceful oprtions were on the table and the officer chose a lessor force option, this does away with m,malicious intent on his part. If he had more forceful options and chose to use a lessor force option it appears he was trying to use the minimum amount of force necessary to restrain the suspect.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Seems like Floyd committed suicide by cop. Some perps do it by aiming a gun at cops, Floyd chose another path. That isn’t to say that Chauvin handled the situation ideally, of course, but Floyd was not murdered.
I'd say he was just a dumb, high criminal . In the Timcast video I linked Officer Tatum talked about how you can do a less than perfect job but be legal in your application of force .

DandyDonII

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2002
I'm waiting for the video that shows Floyd struggling as a natural response a lucid, clear headed person would have when running out of oxygen.

Did the doctor yesterday address this? It has been a long time since I watched the video, I dont remember him struggling much..

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
AR, the shotgun hits hard enough but more difficult to reload as quickly. An AR will hit more than hard enough, be easier to mange recoil, and acquire targets quicker.
Yes, you are smart allowing for recoil and target acquisition speed. I have a 7.62x51 and an awesome tactical shotgun that I practice racking and firing in rapid succession. I would have the shotgun strapped over my shoulder and use my 9MM carbine that kicks like a day old kitten.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
2020evidence.org

Well the prosecution themselves have admitted to knee on neck or back. They started with only claiming the knee was on the neck.

Watch for yourselves:

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Did the doctor yesterday address this? It has been a long time since I watched the video, I dont remember him struggling much..
During various videos I watched on the trial it has been discussed moment by moment . The state's own use of force expert admitted Chauvin chose less potentially dangerous options to attempt to restrain him. He was well within his legal options to use a taser and physical blows.
There is video showing the officer with his knee on his shoulder blades. There's a issue on what and where we call the neck based on anatomical position. My trachea can be palpated in the front that would be at T4 or so level from the back. The C7 vertebra is technically the end of the cervical spine but the T1 vertebra is the end of the cervical or neck curve . Large , muscular necks and traps many appear to make the upper bank high and Brno shorter depending on various angles. My neck is 17.5" around for example . Floyd's Neville was probably a bit thicker.
So the officer placing his knee which might contact at app. 2" across . Add in a few more inches of contact depending on how he shifts his weight. Quickly touching the back of my neck and measuring my C7 vertebra is 2"from my T2. That's right around the top of the scapula .
So how things can get funny from a stop shot , a video , and due to shifting position slightly ? Add in that the state expert did say he himself has used the technique and it starts to look a certain way when you add in other factor such as how the crowd factors into their training when restraining the arrestee and rendering first aid ( he added that you do not render first aid until the suspect AND crowd is both secured).
The expert clarified on the stand that a crowd yelling threats and people needing to be held back would be considered a potential threat and at that point you do not render aid yet. This is just one of the reason the defense has said they're going to call the state's expert to testify on chauvin's behalf.
All of this is in the videos I linked prior in this and some other threads.

Reactions: WeR0206

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Yes, you are smart allowing for recoil and target acquisition speed. I have a 7.62x51 and an awesome tactical shotgun that I practice racking and firing in rapid succession. I would have the shotgun strapped over my shoulder and use my 9MM carbine that kicks like a day old kitten.
I have a Keltec sub2000 in 9mm and a CZ Scorpion that will hit hard at close range that I can suppress making it very indoor friendly.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Agree - he isn't better than that. Or better than anything for that matter. It's why I call him 1mm.
Anyone who's stupid enough to argue drugs didn't kill anyone because they've been abusing them years when the person ingested over the know lethal threshold should be constantly mocked .

gjbankos

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2006
Anyone who's stupid enough to argue drugs didn't kill anyone because they've been abusing them years when the person ingested over the know lethal threshold should be constantly mocked .
I got tired of his bullshit. And it is all 100% bullshit. Life is too short to give any of it to people like 1mm.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Yeah, I get all that. But you and I both know that these Trump Cultists see everything through deeply tinted red glasses, and even video evidence is not enough to convince them. #ALTERNATIVEFACTS! I have zero interest in wasting my time debating over something that everyone can see for themselves on videotape.

Last edited: