ADVERTISEMENT

It took a global pandemic for Nick Saban to start using email

Nitt1300

Nov 2, 2008
The coronavirus pandemic has brought upon a major change for Alabama head coach Nick Saban.

The 68-year-old Saban revealed in an interview with ESPN that he now uses email. That’s right. Over his illustrious coaching career that has included six national championships, Saban has never used an email account — until now.

“I’ve come a long way,” Saban said with a smile.

more:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/it-too...ick-saban-to-start-using-email-190845763.html

One of the downsides of e-mail is that it allows others to more easily get in touch with you. Discovered early on that wasn't necessarily a good thing.

One of the downsides of e-mail is that it allows others to more easily get in touch with you. Discovered early on that wasn't necessarily a good thing.
Also leaves an audit trail that is discoverable.

My uncle manages multiple large condo complexes. At all of them he instituted that any complaints have to be officially submitted in writing on a particular form that whenever anybody emails him, he sends the form to them. The form has to be mailed to the office or dropped off by hand, no email copies accepted. The owner then has to schedule a meeting with him to review the complaint. Complaints have dropped by 90% at all of the complexes. He says email is the worst thing every in most cases as people (especially at complexes with mainly retired people) can just sit at their computur and literally had some people sending him 3 or 4 complaints per day for weeks on end. 99% of them being just nuisance complaints. With having to fill out forms and delivering them and scheduling a meeting, people then have to be really serious about it such that most everything goes away. He did say that when somebody sends something in that is a real issue, he will go to their condo and talk with them directly to try and figure it out.

Of course he never used email, one less way to catch them at shady stuff. I kid, I kid...maybe. ;)
Neither Saban nor his coaches indulge in shady

he has special consultants to handle shady and others to do hanky and panky

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT