ADVERTISEMENT

Is your soon to be ex wife forcing you to work?

91Joe95

Aug 15, 2003
Reactions: NJPSU
If so, Robert De Niro may be forming a support group near you.

Pretty hard to feel sorry for either party here. I mean getting only $100,000 a month she must be living off of Hamburger Helper!? And how much do you have to make to owe $6.4 million in taxes?!

Good Lord there is no sympathetic party in this morality play. We have a money grubbing estranged wife, a morally bankrupt fading movie star, and everyone’s personal favorite criminal syndicate the IRS. .
Seems like it has all the trappings of a blockbuster hit! Now, who can play the morally bankrupt fading movie star? Don't help me, I'll think of it.

I recall De Niro being heavily invested in NY restaurant and hospitality businesses. It would be easy to become over leveraged there and then smacked by the pandemic.

I don’t feel bad for him, but I can see how on paper, he’s hurting financially right now.

I recall De Niro being heavily invested in NY restaurant and hospitality businesses. It would be easy to become over leveraged there and then smacked by the pandemic.

I don’t feel bad for him, but I can see how on paper, he’s hurting financially right now.

Is he hurting?? He is worth $500 million and his restaurants received 14 PPP loans for $28MM. Would not be surprised if the pandemic caught him off guard and he is overleveraged.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Is he hurting?? He is worth $500 million and his restaurants received 14 PPP loans for $28MM. Would not be surprised if the pandemic caught him off guard and he is overleveraged.
Is he worth $500 million net? I’m skeptical of those reported net worth figures. They so often overlook all kinds of liabilities that aren’t easy to spot.

De Niro isn’t somebody who should be hurting, but we don’t know much about his business and personal situation.

Is he worth $500 million net? I’m skeptical of those reported net worth figures. They so often overlook all kinds of liabilities that aren’t easy to spot.

De Niro isn’t somebody who should be hurting, but we don’t know much about his business and personal situation.

He probably has a net of half, or if things are tough, maybe one third of that $500 million figure.

Good Lord there is no sympathetic party in this morality play. We have a money grubbing estranged wife, a morally bankrupt fading movie star, and everyone’s personal favorite criminal syndicate the IRS. .

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 91Joe95
He probably has a net of half, or if things are tough, maybe one third of that $500 million figure.
Ha! So that is between $250m or $166.7m? That's gotta suck.

Seems like media hype to me. I mean, the ex typically gets a lump sum and ongoing percentages of income. No income, you go back and get her percentage reduced. its not that hard and most states simply have a table that you go off of.

He's probably just a guy that likes to work and there just aren't very many good scripts for a 77 year old guy, especially post pendimic. But, he's been really angry for the last decade or so. I always have to wonder why a person with so many opportunities and life experiences under his belt is so angry. Hey grab ten million and spend the next five years hiking Patagonia, hanging at lake Cuomo or learning to cook in Tuscany. Doesn't sound so tough compared to a guy who worked in a plant, got laid off at age 50, and now struggles to make ends meet on meager savings and SS after putting two kids through college and fighting in the Vietnam war.

Ah a bit of karma for douchebag De Niro.
If there ever was a personality who's ass I'd love to kick it is this guy. Pompous, self serving, foul mouthed, privileged A-hole.

I always have to wonder why a person with so many opportunities and life experiences under his belt is so angry. Hey grab ten million and spend the next five years hiking Patagonia, hanging at lake Cuomo or learning to cook in Tuscany.

Do you really have to wonder? The guy is driven to work. It is that simple.

He has plenty of peers from early in his career who did just that. Stopped work and lived off rhe fame.

Deniro isn't that person and his work ethic should be respected.

Don't have to like him.

LdN

Reactions: bourbon n blues

If his finances reflected his career, then he should have been really wealthy early in his career when he was really good and making good movies and dead broke late in his career when his work went to shit.

He has plenty of peers from early in his career who did just that. Stopped work and lived off rhe fame.

Don't have to like him.

LdN
life changes. I can respect his desire to work and didn't say otherwise. What I don't respect is his anger after having a life others can only dream about. You can look for work and not be angry at the same time.

Reactions: Ski

Don't have to like him.

LdN
He should have stopped working. He’s like a boxer who tries to keep going into his 80’s....sad and pathetic.

Maybe. If I invest $250M in real estate or a business, and then the economy tanks and investments are under water, is that really wealth available to me to live on? Of course not.

The very wealthy have complex finances and living needs. I don’t cry for the guy, but I can imagine how he wound up in a bind.

Last edited:
Maybe. If I invest $250M in real estate or a business, and then the economy tanks and invest embers are under water, it that really wealth available to me to live on? Of course not.

The very wealthy have complex finances and living needs. I don’t cry for the guy, but I can imagine how he wound up in a bind.

This may sound naive but it's a serious question. If someone had $250 M why wouldn't they just invest it in an index fund of the entire stock market, where it being worth only $250 M 10 years later is about the worst possible outcome, rather than putting it into a business that can go completely bankrupt?

This may sound naive but it's a serious question. If someone had $250 M why wouldn't they just invest it in an index fund of the entire stock market, where it being worth only $250 M 10 years later is about the worst possible outcome, rather than putting it into a business that can go completely bankrupt?

Again it is about drive. Tres commas.

LdN

Maybe. If I invest $250M in real estate or a business, and then the economy tanks and investments are under water, is that really wealth available to me to live on? Of course not.

Maybe he should just fly commercial coach.

Along with athletes, some of these actors are not the sharpest crayon in the box. I pages through one of those slideshows which talked about net work of actors, seems like they really like to dump their money into expensive homes which could result in taking a big hit when you have to sell. It seems Deniro owns quite a few homes throughout the US.

ADVERTISEMENT