ADVERTISEMENT

Is this Carr's statement game?

Still has a way to go. I see him coming back next year and it would help with his draft stock IMO

Reactions: Mixolydian
I think this was Carr making a statement about all of the Kiera Bates-Diop being the player of the year in the Big Ten. There are guys in West Lafayette and East Lansing who will also have something to say about this as well, but I think you really have to include Carr in the conversation.

Yeah, Carr isn’t ready to go pro... neither is Watkins. They both should come back next year and get some more experience and polish their skills.
I agree about Watkins not ready but the Philly kid Carr showed me a lot today. I too hope he returns but I'm doubtful because when a guy is good enough to move on to the top level the risk of staying is rarely worth the reward.
Go State! We Are!

I agree about Watkins not ready but the Philly kid Carr showed me a lot today. I too hope he returns but I'm doubtful because when a guy is good enough to move on to the top level the risk of staying is rarely worth the reward.
Go State! We Are!
I agree...I think Carr’s gone. Too much risk involved in staying.

Reactions: 2atpsu
Go State! We Are!
I was being facetious... not that either of them are absolutely NBA ready at this point, but they could be close enough to give it a shot. Being selfish, I hope that they stay. The good news is that they can skip the agent and come back next year if not drafted.

Using common sense does not make anyone a "DB."

I'm not saying it's common sense that he goes to the NBA Draft. But I am saying it's rather obvious ... especially after tonight ... that he needs to consider it.

Thanks for the call out.
At first I couldn't figure why AGN was calling Carr a DB. LOL

I really think he's probably a mid-late 2nd round guy if he went. He definitely has a lot to gain by coming back. He does have nice size at the PG position, but he isn't an elite ball handler and doesn't have a quick release. He's also struggled finishing in traffic at times. Personally, I'm more worried about Watkins and the draft (though he could also use another year, both to develop his back to the basket game and add a 12-15 footer that he'd need at the next level).

Using common sense does not make anyone a "DB."

I'm not saying it's common sense that he goes to the NBA Draft. But I am saying it's rather obvious ... especially after tonight ... that he needs to consider it.
Maybe AFTER tonight, but not tonight. Bringing this up tonight makes you a DB, and defending it tonight makes you one.

Carr still needs another year.

Needs to work on an off the dribble jump shot and his first step or two to the basket needs to be quicker. Also, his release needs to be quicker.

Carr had a great night, but this was a team win. PSU absolutely owned tOSU in the paint and elsewhere tonight. tOSU doesn't like to mix it up...that showed tonight. I liked the game plan too...bang the ball inside, then kick it out for a possible 3. If it's not there, bang away inside again. Nice job all around!

Reactions: psu1969a
I just googled Tony Carr NBA Draft. Not a lot free info but he was deemed as high as end of round one.
And I, the DB in AGN's opinion, think he's improving his game continuously and may be making himself some money. We'll see.
I hope he continues to improve and leads PSU deep into the post season and then makes the right decision for himself and family.

I just googled Tony Carr NBA Draft. Not a lot free info but he was deemed as high as end of round one.
And I, the DB in AGN's opinion, think he's improving his game continuously and may be making himself some money. We'll see.
I hope he continues to improve and leads PSU deep into the post season and then makes the right decision for himself and family.
Listen Richard, you're a DB because you keep bringing it up on the night of the biggest win of the year. Yet, because you're a DB you don't get that...JC!, let some of us have some fun with the win before you bring us down.

Reactions: Howie'81
Does this game prove he's ready to move to he NBA?

Come on.....one game, good or bad, proves nothing re: the NBA.

He could stink up the court vs Purdue, maybe even cost PSU the game......would that prove he’s not ready to move to the NBA?

I'm not even sure Carr would get drafted right now. I don't think he's at his ceiling yet, but he's got a lot to improve on.

Tony Carr has a very high ceiling, he also needs to hit the weight room. The fact that he is projected as a 1st round draft pick puts PSU MBB somewhat on the map, nationally. Tim Frazer went undrafted and is making a nice career for himself...I thought Talor Battle would have a brief stint in the NBA when coming out of Penn State but that didn't happen.

For Carr to be an NBA player, I'd like to see more from him as a distributor, as a defender, and while he's shot the 3pt well, his offense inside the arc relies too heavily on size mismatches which he wouldn't have in the NBA

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Does this game prove he's ready to move to he NBA?
Honestly, I do not see him leaving Bostick and Stevens. They came as a package deal, of sorts, with a mission to give PSU basketball a name. They have been teammates snce HS. Bostick and Stevens are, obviously, not ready to leave, and I really don't envision Carr making the jump just 2 years into coming with them. Next year, however, all bets are off.

Just my two cents.

Honestly, I do not see him leaving Bostick and Stevens. They came as a package deal, of sorts, with a mission to give PSU basketball a name. Bostick and Stevens are, obviously, not ready to leave, and I really don't envision Carr making the jump just 2 years into coming with them. Next year, however, all bets are off.

Just my two cents.
I think that’s the only chance he stays....unfinished business with his buddies. If he doesn’t feel that strongly about that, he’s gone.

Anyone who saw Carr, Stevens and Bostick play for Roman Catholic knew PSU was getting some special players. Coming off a state title in 2015, I have always laughed when all the pundits in western PA said Alderdice would easily beat the defending champs in the 2016 state final. Wrong!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT