ADVERTISEMENT

Is there anyone in the history of.....

bjf1991

Oct 4, 2016
"sports media" who is more self-satisfied, with less reason to be, than Kirky Herbstreit?

Just listening to him for 3 minutes on the post-game (probably the most I have listened to him in years) and the smug, pretentious ooze is enough to gag an elephant

There are many worse than Kirk. Stephen A. Smith. Skip Bayless. Jim Rome. Desmond Howard.
I guess we all have different scales

I just see those guys as loud, screeching horns......I think even they know "what they are"

Kirky, on the other hand, carries himself as if he truly believes folks should give 1/2 a shit what that lazy, stupid asshole says about anything.......
as he sits there in his "I'm really a deep thinker......and I ought to be charging an admission fee to allow you to hear my words" pose

I just see those guys as loud, screeching horns......I think even they know "what they are"

Kirky, on the other hand, carries himself as if he truly believes folks should give 1/2 a shit what that lazy, stupid asshole says about anything.......
as he sits there in his "I'm really a deep thinker......and I ought to be charging an admission fee to allow you to hear my words" pose

I don't watch a lot of ESPN... almost none, but if you think Kirk is lazy or stupid then you're really not paying much attention.

LdN

Reactions: psuro

It's s good thing that is only evident on television and not anywhere else. Like the Internet.

Seriously?

Did I miss the "sarcasm font"?

Kirk is an extremely hard worker. It's well known. He wasn't a particularly successful player so he had to get where he is on merit. As far as intelligence, the guy is one of the most prepared sportscasters I've ever seen.

Is he biased? Sure. But calling him lazy or stupid is idiotic.

LDN

I'll define stupid/lazy - the ESPN color guy for the radio broadcast of the Pinstripe Bowl. The guy actually said under Narduzzi that Pitt's Defense was a strength. Guess he missed the 61 Syracuse put on them in the last game as well as the 50+ Miami put on them. Honestly, not trashing PITT, but how do you get to call nationally broadcast games and be that clueless?

Reactions: john4psu
Kirk is an extremely hard worker. It's well known. He wasn't a particularly successful player so he had to get where he is on merit. As far as intelligence, the guy is one of the most prepared sportscasters I've ever seen.

Is he biased? Sure. But calling him lazy or stupid is idiotic.

LDN
LOL

A bright, hard-working guy (the opposite of lazy and stupid) does NOT spew out inane, propaganda laced nonsense - and try to pass it off as thoughtful commentary
That is what a lazy, stupid hack pseudo-journalist does

And Kirky pulls it off while managing to do his best Bill Clinton-esque "I am in such thoughtful repose" look

He's a dunce........a dunce who most PSU fans gave a wet kiss to for 10 years, on account of his throw-away "best student section" comment - - - but Fan-Boys ain't exactly the most diligent critical thinkers

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT