ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a rule that Iowa fans ..

HR is typically unibrow PSU bashing.
giphy.gif

So the pirates were kind of okay for a decade? That’s neat, don’t know how that’s relevant here though. Of course I’m a stl cardinals and Hawkeye wrestling fan so I guess the idea of a decade of dominance doesn’t really compute when you’re talking about legacy. 24 for the Hawkeyes and 11 for the cardinals is a little different than two my friend.
WHOA THERE. Anybody that is a Pirate fan.....Like Me........deserves our utmost respect and sympathy. 20 something consecutive losing seasons and STILL a fan. BRAVO :)

Let me put this this in incredibly direct terms and from a former D1 wrestler and coach's perspective, if that qualifies as being a credible view, I hope it eleviates bias. Iowa is a great program historically. They are and will likely always be competitive, at least in the general conversation. The problem for them is that the sport has changed and evolved. All kids are human and not all want to be trained as robots in a cornfield. The approach of TnT has seen its day and will continue to fade. Will they have their once or twice a decade run? Sure. But time will continue to show that their approach is archaic, much like other professional sports franchises have had their day. They can tout their "3 inch binder" as much as they'd like, but the recipe of sending out as a group of 5th through 7th year kids isn't the modality to achieve success. I realize this hurts some feelings and egos. That's to be expected. No one wants to lose supremacy when you've reached the pinnacle. It's not easy. My message to Hawks fans is to appreciate their past achievements and hope to adapt with the times while supporting their current lot.

Let me put this this in incredibly direct terms and from a former D1 wrestler and coach's perspective, if that qualifies as being a credible view, I hope it eleviates bias. Iowa is a great program historically. They are and will likely always be competitive, at least in the general conversation. The problem for them is that the sport has changed and evolved. All kids are human and not all want to be trained as robots in a cornfield. The approach of TnT has seen its day and will continue to fade. Will they have their once or twice a decade run? Sure. But time will continue to show that their approach is archaic, much like other professional sports franchises have had their day. They can tout their "3 inch binder" as much as they'd like, but the recipe of sending out as a group of 5th through 7th year kids isn't the modality to achieve success. I realize this hurts some feelings and egos. That's to be expected. No one wants to lose supremacy when you've reached the pinnacle. It's not easy. My message to Hawks fans is to appreciate their past achievements and hope to adapt with the times while supporting their current lot.

have to have a name beginning with "j" to post here?

I mean, there is:
jammenz
js8793
jrod65
jmadden1998
jhonyt9

I think this is why johnstownsteel always has me confused.

A coincidence? I think not. They must be freed from their imprisonment:

What happened to the Turpin parents and where are they now?

"All the children's names begin with the letter J, according to court documents that didn't provide their full names."

ADVERTISEMENT