ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a rule that Iowa fans ..

The top two threads are all about Iowa. Haha you guys are funny. One of them features a psu great shit talking a fan on Twitter. This board really is hilarious.

Just about every other thread gets derailed by someone saying something negative about Iowa and HR. And of course that’s generally followed by all of you agreeing how classless Iowa fans are. Hahahaha. Ironic!!

It’s really no surprise why so many of you show up on HR. Ya just can’t help but talk about Iowa. I get it, I love the Hawks too. Thank you all for making this HR 2.0. Whenever I run out of threads over there I can always come here for the great entertainment and Hawk talk!

The top two threads are all about Iowa. Haha you guys are funny. One of them features a psu great shit talking a fan on Twitter. This board really is hilarious.

Just about every other thread gets derailed by someone saying something negative about Iowa and HR. And of course that’s generally followed by all of you agreeing how classless Iowa fans are. Hahahaha. Ironic!!

It’s really no surprise why so many of you show up on HR. Ya just can’t help but talk about Iowa. I get it, I love the Hawks too. Thank you all for making this HR 2.0. Whenever I run out of threads over there I can always come here for the great entertainment and Hawk talk!
BlissfulHotArabianoryx-max-1mb.gif

Have to agree — we are pretty funny.
HR 2.0 is a blast. We are not robots, and we always do humor the right way.

I would think Hawk fans would be ecstatic that Hawk wrestling is a big subject on the PSU message board.

For the initial part of the previous decade the Hawks were a PSU wrestling concern, yet never the immediate concern since there was always someone else better than Iowa (Cornell, Oklahoma St, Minnesota, Ohio State) for PSU to focus on. Then for a 4 year run it was Iowa was that team that used to be good, but they aren't anything to worry about now.

Now Iowa is again a legitimate threat, good enough to maybe win a championship once every 10 years or so and the subject of Iowa wrestling is again important enough for PSU wrestling to pay attention to.

Once Iowa wrestling becomes important enough again to be a regular conversation topic it would be a natural process to follow the discussion path to the Iowa fan base and then to the most bizarre aspect of Iowa wrestling fandom - HR. Of course once HR is the topic, the logical conclusion to the wandering path of appropriate discussion topics is "heeesssss sttttaaalllliiinnng" and pure and passion filled idiocy.

Hell dude, celebrate! The reason there is so much Iowa discussion is because after actually finding your acorn last year Iowa wrestling right now is no longer relatively irrelevant.

Last edited:
I would think Hawk fans would be ecstatic that Hawk wrestling is a big subject on the PSU message board.

For the initial part of the previous decade the Hawks were a PSU wrestling concern, yet never the immediate concern since there was always someone else better than Iowa (Cornell, Oklahoma St, Minnesota, Ohio State) for PSU to focus on. Then for a 4 year run it was Iowa was that team that used to be good, but they aren't anything to worry about now.

Now Iowa is again a legitimate threat, good enough to maybe win a championship once every 10 years or so and the subject of Iowa wrestling is again important enough for PSU wrestling to pay attention to.

Once Iowa wrestling becomes important enough again to be a regular conversation topic it would be a natural process to follow the discussion path to the Iowa fan base and then to the most bizarre aspect of Iowa wrestling fandom - HR. Of course once HR is the topic, the logical conclusion to the wandering path of appropriate discussion topics is "heeesssss sttttaaalllliiinnng" and pure and passion filled idiocy.

Hell dude, celebrate! The reason there is so much Iowa discussion is because after actually finding your acorn last year Iowa wrestling right now is now longer relatively irrelevant.
Haha, see this is what I mean, hilarious! Between the run on sentences and delusional ramblings I gather that you’re saying Iowa isn’t relevant? Or maybe they are now, which is why their name and the same jokes over and over derail every thread. Idk.

Either way allow me to say this, Iowa is and always will be relevant to wrestling. It has been that way for 40+ years, which is 4x greater than ten. You watched your era of dominance slip away in real time and are now lashing out at the culprits responsible. Like a child would that just had their favorite toy stolen away by their big brother.

It was a good ten years little bro! You guys did some great things, had some great talents walk through your door. Be happy, not resentful.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PSUeng
Haha, see this is what I mean, hilarious! Between the run on sentences and delusional ramblings I gather that you’re saying Iowa isn’t relevant? Or maybe they are now, which is why their name and the same jokes over and over derail every thread. Idk.

Either way allow me to say this, Iowa is and always will be relevant to wrestling. It has been that way for 40+ years, which is 4x greater than ten. You watched your era of dominance slip away in real time and are now lashing out at the culprits responsible. Like a child would that just had their favorite toy stolen away by their big brother.

It was a good ten years little bro! You guys did some great things, had some great talents walk through your door. Be happy, not resentful.
There is a great poster I see going around the intranet of all the hawkeye championships. I think its the 2010 edition, so its missing what, 1 ring? I can see about sending it to you with a black sharpie. You'll really like it.

Mark Dantonio was wrong. Pride comes after the fall.

Reactions: Dogwelder

In a few years, this post won’t age well.

Iowa set the bar, so did Oklahoma State. Good for both programs, but it's in the past. So are PSU's nine championships. Little to discuss there, it's history.

Just fans being fans, wanting to relive the glory years, but the REAL happenings in the sport are what is going on now, with an eye to the future.

I care about Penn State, and it doesn't matter who is in front of them. Prepare the same, manage the things that can be controlled, and everything else takes care of itself. That goes for facing Iowa the same as it goes for facing Maryland.

In a few years, this post won’t age well.
Hell, if you can look, see and understand what's processing through your mind you know already. If the mental process is a bit haywired or you just suffer from HRism and you believe the previous decade has only been an illusion then logic and understanding are areas of the brain reached very rarely.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
They were big favorites in 2020.
So were a few other teams in the past 11 years.

But even if we concede that for argument's sake: 2 titles in 11 years isn't a fall from Iowa's standards?

The "little brother" slur from an Iowa fan is even more arrogant than it was from Mike Hart, because Michigan was actually dominating that series at the time. Keep on believing that, Hawk dudes. See how it worked out for Michigan.

So were a few other teams in the past 11 years.

But even if we concede that for argument's sake: 2 titles in 11 years isn't a fall from Iowa's standards?

The "little brother" slur from an Iowa fan is even more arrogant than it was from Mike Hart, because Michigan was actually dominating that series at the time. Keep on believing that, Hawk dudes. See how it worked out for Michigan.
Oh, don’t get me wrong. 1 title and 1 being the favorite in 11 years is below standard, for sure.

But big favorites? That’s gotta be worth, like, at least 2 or 3 titles, right. So, we really should take a hard look at — oops, my condescension escalometer is beeping. I’ll end it there until I can get my levels back under control.

Oh, don’t get me wrong. 1 title and 1 being the favorite in 11 years is below standard, for sure.

But big favorites? That’s gotta be worth, like, at least 2 or 3 titles, right. So, we really should take a hard look at — oops, my condescension escalometer is beeping. I’ll end it there until I can get my levels back under control.
Big Favorites has to be worth at least 160 pts at nationals, or whatever the latest offseason hawk projection is.

Iowa's relevance for the past decade has been to their fans.
Oklahoma State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Cornell, Missouri and Arizona State have been focused on catching the Nittany Lions. Hell even Rutgers, Iowa State and Northern Iowa dream of being like Penn State. Nobody is striving to be like Iowa, not even Iowa. TnT are working like literal maniacs to make Iowa more like Penn State.
You guys are the defending champions, and nobody is trying to duplicate the Iowa model. The team with 4 individual champs, that's the model everybody is looking to copy.

But hey, you keep being you. Drink another beer, shoot aother shot, shout a cheer with your likeminded HR brethren and keep track of that acorn you all found last year. My guess is that one will be your chest thumping moment for another 10 years or so.

Iowa's relevance for the past decade has been to their fans.
Oklahoma State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Cornell, Missouri and Arizona State have been focused on catching the Nittany Lions. Hell even Rutgers, Iowa State and Northern Iowa dream of being like Penn State. Nobody is striving to be like Iowa, not even Iowa. TnT are working like literal maniacs to make Iowa more like Penn State.
You guys are the defending champions, and nobody is trying to duplicate the Iowa model. The team with 4 individual champs, that's the model everybody is looking to copy.

But hey, you keep being you. Drink another beer, shoot aother shot, shout a cheer with your likeminded HR brethren and keep track of that acorn you all found last year. My guess is that one will be your chest thumping moment for another 10 years or so.
Haha nit, I think you’re my favorite of all the kitty cat fans around. You really know how to crack me up!! I don’t drink but I’ll certainly poor one out to that hilariously well crafted piece of satire posted above. You’ve made my day.

Btw, when do you think Meyer Shapiro will be following his Sem bros to the great wrestling school that no one is trying to emulate? We sure have a lot of good young fellas coming to the Midwest these days. You named 7 schools that were trying to be like penn st, but I bet all those schools would take our recruits too. Point being, psu has lost its grip, everyone else caught up to your lord and wrestling savior (or should I say wrestling inventor) Cael.

Like I said before, be happy not bitter. All good things must come to an end, including my time poking the cats chin. Thanks for the laughs, and well crafted satire. See ya in March little bro. I wonder who else psu will have transfer in by then. Haha.

It’s working, guys. Once tHR is absorbed, Nittany Nation will be unstoppable. World Domination!

Reactions: nitlion6
1 title in 11 years isn't a fall from Iowa's standards?

Interesting. Tell us more.
Sure thing The Jeff, I’d love to tell you more. My points is that even Iowa’s down years are better than most of psi’s years before 2010.

This is how HR celebrates an NCAA title...
giphy.gif

It was a good ten years little bro! You guys did some great things, had some great talents walk through your door. Be happy, not resentfu

Haha nit, I think you’re my favorite of all the kitty cat fans around. You really know how to crack me up!! I don’t drink but I’ll certainly poor one out to that hilariously well crafted piece of satire posted above. You’ve made my day.

Btw, when do you think Meyer Shapiro will be following his Sem bros to the great wrestling school that no one is trying to emulate? We sure have a lot of good young fellas coming to the Midwest these days. You named 7 schools that were trying to be like penn st, but I bet all those schools would take our recruits too. Point being, psu has lost its grip, everyone else caught up to your lord and wrestling savior (or should I say wrestling inventor) Cael.

Like I said before, be happy not bitter. All good things must come to an end, including my time poking the cats chin. Thanks for the laughs, and well crafted satire. See ya in March little bro. I wonder who else psu will have transfer in by then. Haha.
Wow your really working hard here little man just accept that Iowa isn't going to w is n another on in quite a while. In another ten years you will look back and think wtf just happened to all those titles we shoulda coulda woulda lmfao. And thanks for the laugh I needed it today lol

Don't feel bad, UCLA still believes they are relevant in football too.

Sure thing The Jeff, I’d love to tell you more. My points is that even Iowa’s down years are better than most of psi’s years before 2010.
My Pittsburgh Pirates in the 1970s won two World Series titles, five division titles and finished second in the division the other five years with 2 of those second place finishes having 92 and 96 victories.

I guess that makes the Pirates the kings of baseball!

Just throw out Sandusky and get this over with.
Why the hell would I do that? That guy should be buried in an unmarked grave and pissed on every morning. It’s a shame he’s tied to your university and invoking his name as an insult to fans of that university is disgusting act of cowardice. In fact, talking about him this long, even though in jest, is a waste of time.

My Pittsburgh Pirates in the 1970s won two World Series titles, five division titles and finished second in the division the other five years with 2 of those second place finishes having 92 and 96 victories.

I guess that makes the Pirates the kings of baseball!
So the pirates were kind of okay for a decade? That’s neat, don’t know how that’s relevant here though. Of course I’m a stl cardinals and Hawkeye wrestling fan so I guess the idea of a decade of dominance doesn’t really compute when you’re talking about legacy. 24 for the Hawkeyes and 11 for the cardinals is a little different than two my friend.

This will be used as evidence by the aliens of why we are an inferior species....however....I think

Kemdawg should do something similar as an entrance.

#itskemtimebaby

• Haha
Reactions: slushhead
Don't feel bad, UCLA still believes they are relevant in football too.
Don’t you mean basketball? I’m assuming you do…John Wooden and all. Iowa wrestling and UCLA basketball is a little different though. UCLA won 9 or 10 straight, then they kind of faded away. Until their most recent surge here in the last 10 years. I think they were in the final four not long ago. I’m not a huge college b ball fan so I could be wrong. Anyway, that sound like more of what penn st has done than what Iowa has done. A 40 year run of consistent excellence is a little longer than a 10 year run.

This will be used as evidence by the aliens of why we are an inferior species....however....I think

Kemdawg should do something similar as an entrance.

#itskemtimebaby

I might have to start doing something similar at my house, lol. You know, because the shushing thing — and “It’s What We Do” explanations for any questioned behavior — have just about run their course here.

Reactions: dunkej01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT