ADVERTISEMENT

Is Teasdale back?

I don’t understand that at all. I almost wonder if the author got confused between Teske and Teas. Teske is supposed to be a career 125 and I thought the point to redshirting him was to get him up to the weight because he’s small. Teas was the guy we weren’t sure could make 125 for long.

If this is true, and Teske may not be a career 125, then I have several thoughts

Teske wrestled the entire 2018 season at 126, so the "he needs a year to get up to 125" may be mere internet lore.

I believe that there was a follow up article in the same paper where they quote Cael in which he says his weight is fine, might wrestle at an open this weekend. He says Teske had an infection in his knee that limited him earlier on but now is ready to go. Sorry, I wish I could locate it but I think I saw the link to it when I read the Teasdale article.

I believe that there was a follow up article in the same paper where they quote Cael in which he says his weight is fine, might wrestle at an open this weekend. He says Teske had an infection in his knee that limited him earlier on but now is ready to go. Sorry, I wish I could locate it but I think I saw the link to it when I read the Teasdale article.

Here you go:

Cael Sanderson puts speculation to rest regarding 125-pound Penn State wrestler Brody Teske
By Josh Moyer

December 11, 2018

UNIVERSITY PARK
Penn State wrestling coach Cael Sanderson put any speculation to rest surrounding true freshman Brody Teske, saying Tuesday the 125-pounder has no weight issues and could compete as soon as this weekend.

Teske was a bit of a mystery in the early part of this season, as he hasn’t yet competed in any open tournaments. Some rumors began to circulate regarding a potential knee injury or weight issues keeping him off the mat — but Sanderson didn’t mind clearing the air before Tuesday’s practice.

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article222959390.html

I'd love to see both Teske and Teasdale at the Scuffle. Although I have a feeling we may see Teasdale at 133lbs if he wrestles this year in any opens.

I hear that Zain can’t ride him for more than 15 seconds. Gavin is so strong that he can lift himself off the ground while standing in a wash tub. Even T-Rex can’t hold Him down.
I heard that Gavin was the only guy who could not beat Nico in the room. That probably was messing with his head and that is why he needed a release.

Not Carl’s kids. Growth hormone for some, growth stunting gene therapy for others. Everyone is on something...
:p

Wrong board.

Maximizing genetic potential is a subset of 'positive infinity'.

At least I think so ... I'm so confused.:confused:

Reactions: nerfstate
Sanderson referenced the possibility that Teske might compete in a tournament this weekend. Anyone know which tourney that might be?

I'm guessing that there might be fine print regulations regarding the differences between number of credits enrolled, number of credits completed, credits dropped, complete withdraw. etc. regarding eligibility for a grey shirt, red shirt, etc. Academic progress might be an issue as well.

Or, it could be that Suriano was wrestling and drilling during the interview.

I was wondering about academics since it was 11/20 it was announced he was leaving. PSU's Late Drop deadline was 11/9. Maybe the die was cast and they developed a communication plan for the occasion.

I was wondering about academics since it was 11/20 it was announced he was leaving. PSU's Late Drop deadline was 11/9. Maybe the die was cast and they developed a communication plan for the occasion.

It was 11/20 that he announced he had left and planned to return for the second semester. I don't believe he ever said publicly what day he withdrew.

Reactions: tabenn
Cleveland State Open looks like the only possibility.

I think there's a Long Island Open this weekend, and probably a few others. It's also possible that CS is referencing next weekend, when there's the Wilkes Open.

Is there a partial red shirt?

8ed03784283c363525edb267e9c44e4b76d8695d_400_400.jpeg
CDT quotes Cael as saying he could be in the room on Saturday and may wrestle at the Scuffle. They're trying to get him a waiver so he could still use a full redshirt.

Seems that he is (or will be as of Saturday). Great news.

It's peculiar that the HR cesspool has a thread about Teasdale's return that is twice as long as this one. You'd think that they'd be more concerned with their team getting their flu shots, or firearm safety training.

Welcome back Gavin!

Just went over and that thread is actually painful to read. Bunch of nut jobs.
They were all in favor of Suriano’s novel Big 10 release without having to sit out, because reasons. On the medical redshirt front, Kemdawg obviously deserves one, but Katie Bar the Door if Cassar and/or Sheed get a 6th year!!!! Only other teams can take advantage of the seemingly relaxed medical redshirt rules - despite Anthony’s lead-pipe case for one anyway. #2020injeopardy

Late Drop is different than Withdrawl. Late Drop is for dropping a course, but still being enrolled in other courses. The Withdrawl deadline was December 7 at 5:00 p.m. (ET).

Also, just because he announced it on November 20th does not mean that was the date he withdrew.

Reactions: ptomaselli
It isn't like it is a new group of posters. Some are obviously quite different than others, but the site has it's very distinct personality and that personality has been constant for over a decade.

Part of me feels really badly for them. A small part.

Late Drop is different than Withdrawl. Late Drop is for dropping a course, but still being enrolled in other courses. The Withdrawl deadline was December 7 at 5:00 p.m. (ET).

Also, just because he announced it on November 20th does not mean that was the date he withdrew.

Quick story...I did a semester in South Australia in 1991, was enrolled at the University of Adelaide. They called the late drop day Prosh Day: the last day you could withdraw from a class / classes, without penalty. And in typical Aussie party style, they went all out. In North Adelaide, there's a beautiful park, and it's surrounded by 4 residential colleges where students live and eat and study, and of course, party. Big rivalries, these colleges: St. Mark's, Lincoln, Aquinas and mine, St. Ann's. So on Prosh Day, they all gather in the Park--on a Sunday freakin morning, for a chicken & champagne breakfast (b/c of course, they're Aussies).

So we're all out in the park in our own little college cliques, eating the chicken our college/class presidents had arranged to be brought, and drinking champagne. Started at 6a, b/c, again, of course. One MUST get up early on the weekend to celebrate being able to withdraw from classes the next day! By about 9a, the parties are quite an odd scene. Responsible folk, of which there were surprisingly many, enjoyed their quaint brekkie and a glass or two and returned for a nap before Sunday arvo sport. Others continued on. Turns out the rival college presidents had not prepared as well as ours (god bless my now life-long friend Richard "Dicky Sin" Sinclair, who'd purchased 6 cases of champagne and more than enough birds). By 10a, I was double fisting champagne in one hand and a whole cornish game hen, gnarling it off the bone, in the other. As the population dwindled, and the other colleges' food & booze did too, there were some stragglers who began eyeing up our stash and, eventually, coming over our way. But instead of cozying up, making nice and asking if they might join & share (which, in also typical Aussie fashion, would have been met with heaps of "of course" and "by all means" and hugs & more conviviality) these dumb mfers tried to make a run at one of our cases of booze. Dicky Sin saw the bumrush in time, headed em off and copped a squat on the remaining case boxes (I think we had two left, of the six). One offender was a loutish tall skinny bro in a rugby shirt but not at all threatening. His partner in crime was a 6ft tank of a woman from up north in the bush and she was a handful! I know this, because I ended up wrestling her.

She, very drunkenly, continued the now extremely incompetent rushes in feeble attempts to get her hands on a bottle of our champagne, but my, also very drunken, defenses were impenetrable. Impregnable, Mike Tyson might say, and lucky for it that neither of us ended up pregnant in our ridiculous open-field grass-turf grappling bouts. Eventually, after many preposterous rushes by her, takedowns by me, and a thousand drunken giggles, we gifted her a bottle and she moved along. To this day, one of the 5 best parties I have ever, ever been involved in.

Lastly, back to the item at hand, just a reminder that these CDT articles (many on one day, in some bizarre new business model) are all gleaned from the coaches themselves, at Media Day every Tuesday. PSU posts the very same interviews (from different video cams) in their Lionvision archive immediately after. I found it super helpful to get better context & reduce confusion from the CDT transcriptions by watching this week's myself: https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Archive=4003&type=Archive

Quick story...I did a semester in South Australia in 1991, was enrolled at the University of Adelaide. They called the late drop day Prosh Day: the last day you could withdraw from a class / classes, without penalty. And in typical Aussie party style, they went all out. In North Adelaide, there's a beautiful park, and it's surrounded by 4 residential colleges where students live and eat and study, and of course, party. Big rivalries, these colleges: St. Mark's, Lincoln, Aquinas and mine, St. Ann's. So on Prosh Day, they all gather in the Park--on a Sunday freakin morning, for a chicken & champagne breakfast (b/c of course, they're Aussies).

So we're all out in the park in our own little college cliques, eating the chicken our college/class presidents had arranged to be brought, and drinking champagne. Started at 6a, b/c, again, of course. One MUST get up early on the weekend to celebrate being able to withdraw from classes the next day! By about 9a, the parties are quite an odd scene. Responsible folk, of which there were surprisingly many, enjoyed their quaint brekkie and a glass or two and returned for a nap before Sunday arvo sport. Others continued on. Turns out the rival college presidents had not prepared as well as ours (god bless my now life-long friend Richard "Dicky Sin" Sinclair, who'd purchased 6 cases of champagne and more than enough birds). By 10a, I was double fisting champagne in one hand and a whole cornish game hen, gnarling it off the bone, in the other. As the population dwindled, and the other colleges' food & booze did too, there were some stragglers who began eyeing up our stash and, eventually, coming over our way. But instead of cozying up, making nice and asking if they might join & share (which, in also typical Aussie fashion, would have been met with heaps of "of course" and "by all means" and hugs & more conviviality) these dumb mfers tried to make a run at one of our cases of booze. Dicky Sin saw the bumrush in time, headed em off and copped a squat on the remaining case boxes (I think we had two left, of the six). One offender was a loutish tall skinny bro in a rugby shirt but not at all threatening. His partner in crime was a 6ft tank of a woman from up north in the bush and she was a handful! I know this, because I ended up wrestling her.

She, very drunkenly, continued the now extremely incompetent rushes in feeble attempts to get her hands on a bottle of our champagne, but my, also very drunken, defenses were impenetrable. Impregnable, Mike Tyson might say, and lucky for it that neither of us ended up pregnant in our ridiculous open-field grass-turf grappling bouts. Eventually, after many preposterous rushes by her, takedowns by me, and a thousand drunken giggles, we gifted her a bottle and she moved along. To this day, one of the 5 best parties I have ever, ever been involved in.

Lastly, back to the item at hand, just a reminder that these CDT articles (many on one day, in some bizarre new business model) are all gleaned from the coaches themselves, at Media Day every Tuesday. PSU posts the very same interviews (from different video cams) in their Lionvision archive immediately after. I found it super helpful to get better context & reduce confusion from the CDT transcriptions by watching this week's myself: https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Archive=4003&type=Archive

Jtothemfp, "To this day one of the top five parties...." the other four party stories would be pretty good summer reading when things get slow around here, once we are over the hangover of Title Eight in the modern era.

Can you post your wedding photos with you and your Aussie Wrestling Champagne Queen?

Jtothemfp, "To this day one of the top five parties...." the other four party stories would be pretty good summer reading when things get slow around here, once we are over the hangover of Title Eight in the modern era.

Can you post your wedding photos with you and your Aussie Wrestling Champagne Queen?

I SAID NEITHER OF US GOT PREGNANT!

So neither felt obligated to marry. Alternatively, we committed to sharing our story 25 years later on what would become "message boards"

This story needs to be animated like those fancy whiteboard drawing animations.

For God's sake man!! Where are the pics?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT