ADVERTISEMENT

Is Teasdale back?

billrag

Jan 25, 2011
CDT quotes Cael as saying he could be in the room on Saturday and may wrestle at the Scuffle. They're trying to get him a waiver so he could still use a full redshirt.

Seems that he is (or will be as of Saturday). Great news.

Last edited:
I know we've beat this like a dead horse, however, what's wrong Teske this year and Teasdale redshirting. NO disrespect meant to Schnupp. Teske redshirting next year. For those with more knowledge what "seems" to be the plan with these two. (Yes, I realize that we shouldn't need the points this year). Thanks in advance.

#trustinCael

Reactions: Ranger Dan and Ski
CDT quotes Cael as saying he could be in the room on Saturday and may wrestle at the Scuffle. They're trying to get him a waiver so he could still use a full redshirt.

I don;t understand the comment about getting a full redshirt. If he means asking the NCAA to call this a grey shirt year that will be blown if he wrestles in the Scuffle.

Otherwise, great news that he will be back with the team.

Reactions: pish69
I didn't understand the redshirt thing either. It would have been different had Teasdale wrestled couple of times in fall semester as the starter, but his redshirt still IS intact right now.

Reactions: clucas
I didn't understand the redshirt thing either. It would have been different had Teasdale wrestled couple of times in fall semester as the starter, but his redshirt still IS intact right now.
Just guessing, but if his clock is reset to zero and he sits out the spring semester his clock will begin next fall.
I could be full of baloney though.

That article begs for follow up questions.

Maybe a non-journo will get to the bottom at the coaches show.....

Reactions: clucas
I don;t understand the comment about getting a full redshirt. If he means asking the NCAA to call this a grey shirt year that will be blown if he wrestles in the Scuffle.

Otherwise, great news that he will be back with the team.

I'm guessing that there might be fine print regulations regarding the differences between number of credits enrolled, number of credits completed, credits dropped, complete withdraw. etc. regarding eligibility for a grey shirt, red shirt, etc. Academic progress might be an issue as well.

Or, it could be that Suriano was wrestling and drilling during the interview.

Last edited:
Reactions: crablegs1

Is there a partial red shirt?

8ed03784283c363525edb267e9c44e4b76d8695d_400_400.jpeg

Just guessing, but if his clock is reset to zero and he sits out the spring semester his clock will begin next fall.

No, that makes perfect sense. Except that if he wrestles in the Scuffle that can't happen, which is why I am perplexed. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Reactions: nitlion6
I think the confusion starts with the way the interviewer poses the question.

He asks if Gavin withdrawing from school effects his redshirt.

Cael sort of hesitates and stumbles a bit then proceeds with the waiver answer.

IMO, Cael just didn't want to stop the interview to educate the guy. His answer is more about Gavin getting a waiver to be eligible to wrestle after withdrawing.

Not to say GT will wrestle this season, but if he doesn't I can't imagine he wouldn't get his RS.

I vaguely recall a few years back when a football play,er possibly Robert Bolden wanted to withdraw from school in the middle of a semester and that had some impact on his eligibility, and Paterno told him not to, to wait until after the semester was over. I don't recall how that could have affected his eligibility since Bolden played as a true freshman.

You are almost correct.

If he is applying for what I think he is and it is approved, he will receive a medical exemption for this semester. This is not to be confused with a medical redshirt (even though it will probably remain confused in 99% of the posts that will follow this). I'm familiar with the medical exemption - we are currently going through this with our guy and just filed the paperwork. It basically wipes out enrollment for the semester and also exempts you from the six completed credits requirement. But you need a documented health issue for this. Which I surmise was why it was announced that he was leaving for a health issue.

By doing this his clock will reset and he will be considered a grey shirt, or a member of the 2019 class should he choose. Just like Brooks, Beard, etc. So he essentially will be able to redshirt another year besides this one if needed. This is true even with full time enrollment in January. This is the way a grey shirt works.

....HR explodes in 3, 2, 1...

Pretty smart and perfectly legitimate way to handle this according to the NCAA.

Caveat - this assumes some things which I'm obviously not privy to. But on the surface it sure looks like this.

Last edited:

I told you guys last week he was back on campus.

You are almost correct.

If he is applying for what I think he is and it is approved, he will receive a medical exemption for this semester. This is not to be confused with a medical redshirt. I'm familiar with the medical exemption - we are currently going through this with our guy and just filed the paperwork. It basically wipes out enrollment for the semester and also exempts you from the six completed credits requirement. But you need a documented health issue for this. Which, I surmise was why it was announced that he was leaving for a health issue.

By doing this his clock will reset and he will be considered a grey shirt, or a member of the 2019 class should he choose. Just like Brooks, Beard, etc. So he essentially will be able to redshirt another year besides this one if needed. This is true even with full time enrollment in January. This is the way a grey shirt works.

Caveat - this assumes some things which I'm obviously not privy to. But on the surface it sure looks like this.
oh, that’s already happening

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Lol, once I get some time I'll mosey over there to take in the 999 completely uninformed takes on the situation all posted with certainty that something funny is going on.
Heeeeeeessss cheeeeeeeaaaaating.
Translated from Hawkese to English it simply reads "wait till next year, rinse and repeat."

Maybe since armbar is on someone's staff he can get on and let people know about the actual NCAA rules on this one. Might help educate a few.
giphy.gif

Just when I thought I was out....they pulled me back in.

Sometimes I wish they didnt make it so easy to make f** of them.

Hope Gavin is working hard on getting off bottom. Many freshman have that problem unless you are ELITE....It's a mind set that NOONE can hold me down. Gavin has a motor in him !

I hear that Zain can’t ride him for more than 15 seconds. Gavin is so strong that he can lift himself off the ground while standing in a wash tub. Even T-Rex can’t hold Him down.

You are almost correct.

If he is applying for what I think he is and it is approved, he will receive a medical exemption for this semester. This is not to be confused with a medical redshirt (even though it will probably remain confused in 99% of the posts that will follow this). I'm familiar with the medical exemption - we are currently going through this with our guy and just filed the paperwork. It basically wipes out enrollment for the semester and also exempts you from the six completed credits requirement. But you need a documented health issue for this. Which I surmise was why it was announced that he was leaving for a health issue.

Vodka's head is probably ready to explode because the NCAA Compliance Office is closed for the day.....or they're automatically routing his calls to voicemail.

I know we've beat this like a dead horse, however, what's wrong Teske this year and Teasdale redshirting. NO disrespect meant to Schnupp. Teske redshirting next year. For those with more knowledge what "seems" to be the plan with these two. (Yes, I realize that we shouldn't need the points this year). Thanks in advance.

#trustinCael

CDT article mentions Teske may have an issue getting to 125. TIFWIW

https://amp-centredaily-com.cdn.amp...niversity/psu-wrestling/article222915170.html

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT