ADVERTISEMENT

is our bowl a factor in recruiting? Which bowl? Opponent?

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
do recruits even know what a NY6 bowl game is? the fans certainly understand this, but not sure what typical jr/sr in HS knows or thinks.

is who we play important? so would it be better to play LSU in Citrus than say U Kentucky in Fiesta?

imagine W is important as we can claim 3 years 10 or more wins.

I think they only notice that you are playing a name bowl, which Citrus and Peach are, and how you play.

The Citrus Bowl is hardly a name bowl in the playoff era.

Now you focus on the 10-win season, not the name of the bowl.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
It’s NYD and the recruits have heard of it. Not saying you make it a recruiting talk point

I think recruits are interested in big bowl matchups that get ESPN hype..... and seeing a team play well.

If PSU plays LSU and comes out like they did against Michigan it would be another blow out and hurt Penn State.

If PSU played LSU like they did against Ohio St and it was a great game with 2 teams playing well they’d be seen favorably win or lose (win obviously better ;)).

If it’s Penn St vs Kentucky in the Citrus bowl, I don’t think the big recruits pay that much attention to it other than looking to see if Penn State won or lost. JMO.

The Citrus Bowl is hardly a name bowl in the playoff era.

Now you focus on the 10-win season, not the name of the bowl.

And the Peach is? Citrus.Only when it's a site for a semi. Has a similar history to the Citrus. Dipshits who run the system could have picked the Citrus instead. Only reason is that it's played in Megatron's Asshole.

It’s NYD and the recruits have heard of it. Not saying you make it a recruiting talk point

NYD Bowls were never really the standard, it was the quality of the Bowl game (Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, maybe Cotton). Bowls like the Outback Bowl aren't even in the same league.

And the Peach is? Citrus.Only when it's a site for a semi. Has a similar history to the Citrus. Dipshits who run the system could have picked the Citrus instead. Only reason is that it's played in Megatron's Asshole.

When it's lumped in and hyped as one of the NY6 bowls, it's a hell of a lot better than the Citrus. Could those dipshits have picked the Citrus? Sure, but they didn't

NYD Bowls were never really the standard, it was the quality of the Bowl game (Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, maybe Cotton). Bowls like the Outback Bowl aren't even in the same league.
Citrus always used to seemed like it was the best one after the Cotton. The Outback Bowl has always been a terrible one

How the Peach turned into a NY6 is beyond me, 5 major bowls then probably the Citrus with Peach, Outback, Gator and Holiday kind of even after that. SEC is the Pied Piper from Atlanta.

Reactions: psu00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT