ADVERTISEMENT

Is it wrong for me to be happy with Iowa's success so far?

Murrin yes! Stoll hell no. He thinks he is a bulldozer out there not a wrestler. I wish the refs would enforce the rules, he makes no attempt to take down and pin his opponent. I'll take a Cassar night and day over Stoll's style.
You know Stoll won the Gorrarian Award at last year's tournament for most pins right? I know it's frustrating to watch him march guys out of bounds, but think about how frustrated he is when guys just flee backwards when he gets his lock. If they stay in, he scores quite a bit. Ask Nick Nevills about that from last year's tournament. He got a double unders body lock on Parris multiple times and Parris just backed right out of bounds. If he stays in and challenges Stoll there, I don't think it goes well for him. Stoll is a Junior Greco world medalist with multiple wins over Adam Coon. I think he would love it if guys chose to challenge him upper body instead of backing out.

You know Stoll won the Gorrarian Award at last year's tournament for most pins right? I know it's frustrating to watch him march guys out of bounds, but think about how frustrated he is when guys just flee backwards when he gets his lock. If they stay in, he scores quite a bit. Ask Nick Nevills about that from last year's tournament. He got a double unders body lock on Parris multiple times and Parris just backed right out of bounds. If he stays in and challenges Stoll there, I don't think it goes well for him. Stoll is a Junior Greco world medalist with multiple wins over Adam Coon. I think he would love it if guys chose to challenge him upper body instead of backing out.
Not Greco. It’s Folk.

I wasn't aware last year's results meant anything this year.

I have read this from Iowa fans for four years. You know Sam is a Greco king and all that.
No, Sammy ain't all that renowned for a whole bunch of tossing. He digs and drives. The other kids do not run backwards. They dig in and try to maintain position and Sammy just drops it into low and continues to drive them off the mat.

Reactions: danoftw
I wasn't aware last year's results meant anything this year.
I have read this from Iowa fans for four years. You know Sam is a Greco king and all that.
No, Sammy ain't all that renowned for a whole bunch of tossing. He digs and drives. The other kids do not run backwards. They dig in and try to maintain position and Sammy just drops it into low and continues to drive them off the mat.
He literally body locked your heavyweight to his back last year at this tournament.

He literally body locked your heavyweight to his back last year at this tournament.
You mean our heavyweight wrestling with one arm, who had surgery after the tournament, and who was undefeated against Stoll when healthy? That guy?

I'm amazed at your insistence that wrestlers should simply wrestle Stoll's style regardless of what their own strengths and weaknesses are -- and imagine how frustrated Stoll must be when they don't!

How about this: Stoll should've wrestled Kyle Snyder's style the last 3 years.

Then again, not hard to imagine how frustrated Stoll gets when they do. He bumped Nevills on the way by after losing the dual, and tossed his ankle bands at Kasper.

Gotcha. How many points did that give Iowa this year?? As for last year, he certainly did play an important role in the third place finish.

I would love to be able to root for Iowa once in awhile. Legendary friggin program, with some great, down to earth kids. Some of their fans make it impossible though, and I can't help but to want them to suffer.

The kid has wrestled numerous college matches for 100s of competitive minutes and your offer of proof that Sammy is an offensive titan is that one time last year at band camp. He digs, he drives, the corner screams for a stall call. You offer a single example, I offer an example that plays out 2 dozen or more times a match.

I would love to be able to root for Iowa once in awhile. Legendary friggin program, with some great, down to earth kids. Some of their fans make it impossible though, and I can't help but to want them to suffer.
As I posted earlier. Iowa as a non team factor is great because it allows fans of PA wrestling to enjoy the success of Lee, Murin and Young. I am hoping tomorrow night Kaleb gets to experience Jason Nolf. It is a double winner, another PA kid in the finals and another Hawkeye taking a beating. I am looking forward to reading HR. Nolf beats Young 25-10 and HR melts down screaming about Nolf stalling.

The kid has wrestled numerous college matches for 100s of competitive minutes and your offer of proof that Sammy is an offensive titan is that one time last year at band camp. He digs, he drives, the corner screams for a stall call. You offer a single example, I offer an example that plays out 2 dozen or more times a match.
And he was quite the sportsman. Got to appreciate a guy that's ready to play hard ass after the match where he scored 1 or zero points, took no shots, did nothing on top and the other guy just wouldn't cooperate and play Greco with him

Last edited:
Reactions: nitlion6
As I posted earlier. Iowa as a non team factor is great because it allows fans of PA wrestling to enjoy the success of Lee, Murin and Young. I am hoping tomorrow night Kaleb gets to experience Jason Nolf. It is a double winner, another PA kid in the finals and another Hawkeye taking a beating. I am looking forward to reading HR. Nolf beats Young 25-10 and HR melts down screaming about Nolf stalling.
Have the words "Nolf" and "stalling" ever been up in the same sentence before? Haha.

ADVERTISEMENT