ADVERTISEMENT

Is Chris Bleich decommitting?

I doubt the staff would just change their mind about the kid and pull an offer or push a player to look elsewhere. I don't think that's how Franklin operates. If PSU is pulling offers it would be for cause -- and there's no indication of that here.

But maybe he sees earlier playing time at Pitt or Rutgers and wants to play early. In which case, fine, he committed before he was ready -- kids make mistakes. As others have noted, the only time this is harmful is if the decommit happens late.

In this case, if he decommitted now, there would be a dozen strong OT prospects thrilled to get an offer from PSU. As long as Limegrover is around, there will be a lot more good players than there are scholarships.

Or maybe he's fully committed, is in regular communication with the PSU staff, and is just enjoying some visits.

Visits when you've made up your mind seem a little like those "free" weekends at the timeshare resort where you'll get wined and dined and then you have to sit for a 2 hour sales presentation. If you can endure the pain (and resist) the sales presentation, it's not such a bad deal.

Reactions: steelrazor
I doubt the staff would just change their mind about the kid and pull an offer or push a player to look elsewhere. I don't think that's how Franklin operates. If PSU is pulling offers it would be for cause -- and there's no indication of that here.

But maybe he sees earlier playing time at Pitt or Rutgers and wants to play early. In which case, fine, he committed before he was ready -- kids make mistakes. As others have noted, the only time this is harmful is if the decommit happens late.

In this case, if he decommitted now, there would be a dozen strong OT prospects thrilled to get an offer from PSU. As long as Limegrover is around, there will be a lot more good players than there are scholarships.

Or maybe he's fully committed, is in regular communication with the PSU staff, and is just enjoying some visits.

Visits when you've made up your mind seem a little like those "free" weekends at the timeshare resort where you'll get wined and dined and then you have to sit for a 2 hour sales presentation. If you can endure the pain (and resist) the sales presentation, it's not such a bad deal.
These are visits that Chris' family has to pay for.

Why is my credibility not the best? Because I don't hold the same opinion of those involved in the scandal as many on here? Would it make you feel better to know that I predicted 10 wins in the regular season for us last summer?

I'm not trolling here and my person opinion (from reading the tea leaves) is that Chris is being pulled to Rutgers from his family and perhaps PSU is not too upset about it. I could be wrong, but that is how I see it right now.
Because only you would bring up the scandal. It has nothing to do with this. You made a statement which has zero basis.

Important to take note of the schools that he's gaining interest in - Pitt and Rutgers. Not visits to Bama, OSU, UMich, Stanford. Pitt and Rutgers. Nothing to do with him being solid - I think all you need to know is the staff clearly has their sights set high for the '18 class and Bleich may not fit with some guys higher on the list. Best to wish the kid luck and move on.

That is not the case here at all.

Reactions: TheGLOV

I'm not sure why you would think PSU/Franklin do not pull offers.
You don't offer 150+ kids unless you know you are going to do the following :
1 slow playing and or ignoring
2 pulling offers
3 pushing players to look elsewhere

Because only you would bring up the scandal. It has nothing to do with this. You made a statement which has zero basis.
It's the reason why people don't like me here. It's why that poster said that I don't have the best reputation around here. The scandal is brought up everyday on here and that is the post that you are crying about?

Reactions: lang06
It's the reason why people don't like me here. It's why that poster said that I don't have the best reputation around here. The scandal is brought up everyday on here and that is the post that you are crying about?
The scandal has nothing to do with this, or Chris.

He was offered and committed before his junior year. You have to wonder what the IMG thing was really all about. It could be that he was simply home sick. Or it could have been too intense and competitive. If it is the latter, you may have some insight. Coaches watch progress closely. It might be that Chris has not progressed in areas that concern our staff. In looking at his HUDL highlights, I believe that PSU has other OTs that are more advanced and are showing interest. It very well could be that he has been told that he should look around. There is no other reason to go from PSU to Rutgers at this juncture.

It's true that you are unpopular, even detested by some. Your responses regarding the scandal are automatic and predictable. You always support the BOT and their actions. You have a number after your name, and we all know what that used to mean. To be frank, if you have any endearing qualities at all, the fact that you are associated by most of us with the scum that run this university overcomes any positive attributes that you may have.

Your vitriol for the very things that made this university great in the past certainly leave you wide open for interpretation.

It's true that you are unpopular, even detested by some. Your responses regarding the scandal are automatic and predictable. You always support the BOT and their actions. You have a number after your name, and we all know what that used to mean. To be frank, if you have any endearing qualities at all, the fact that you are associated by most of us with the scum that run this university overcomes any positive attributes that you may have.

Your vitriol for the very things that made this university great in the past certainly leave you wide open for interpretation.
First of all, I have been very critical of the BOT from when the scandal broke and up to and including the Freeh report. It could not have been handled worse up to that point. Where we disagree on is the stance the University took on moving on. It is important to leave this incident in the past. Obsessing over it half a decade later does no good.

Regarding my username, I have always had this name. The number at the end is my favorite and it was one that I always used when playing sports growing up. As with so many things, you are looking into that FAR too much.

Reactions: Weenerdog

15hChris Bleich ‏ @Bleich72
1f440.svg
1f910.svg
#AshEra

First of all, I have been very critical of the BOT from when the scandal broke and up to and including the Freeh report. It could not have been handled worse up to that point. Where we disagree on is the stance the University took on moving on. It is important to leave this incident in the past. Obsessing over it half a decade later does no good.

Regarding my username, I have always had this name. The number at the end is my favorite and it was one that I always used when playing sports growing up. As with so many things, you are looking into that FAR too much.

You are certainly entitled to have an opinion, such as it is. After all, this America. People are entitled to opinions in the same manner that all are also entitled to legal justice, fair trials, and constitutional protection.

Even though this is not a private club here, it's sort of like a private club in the sense that many who are here share the same ideas and perspectives of certain things. Over time, it has evolved that way. Those who don't share similar points of view have migrated elsewhere, for better or worse. It would be fair to state that the reputation of this board has also evolved, for better or worse. It is just another example of the fact that the fallout of the Sandusky scandal changed and affected many institutions far beyond mere PSU football.

Given the point of view of most of us, which you already concede you are aware of, it seems somewhat pointless for you to continually come here and insult folks by telling us to Move On, whether or not you think our position does no good to anybody or anyone. We know how you feel. You know how we feel. Barring any new information forthcoming, those things aren't going to change. We aren't going to leave the incident in the past, at least not yet. There is far too much unfinished business yet to do, and far too many questions unanswered. No amount of sniggering commentary from you or anybody else is going to persuade most of us otherwise.

If you want things to be civil here, just stick to football. Nobody is going to hammer you for doing that.

And please, this has nothing to do with not tolerating different points of view. We've tolerated your point of view for 5 years now, and you're not banned and you're not ignored. We just don't need you to insinuate that we are idiots because we refuse to Move On.

Reactions: Woodpecker
You are certainly entitled to have an opinion, such as it is. After all, this America. People are entitled to opinions in the same manner that all are also entitled to legal justice, fair trials, and constitutional protection.

Even though this is not a private club here, it's sort of like a private club in the sense that many who are here share the same ideas and perspectives of certain things. Over time, it has evolved that way. Those who don't share similar points of view have migrated elsewhere, for better or worse. It would be fair to state that the reputation of this board has also evolved, for better or worse. It is just another example of the fact that the fallout of the Sandusky scandal changed and affected many institutions far beyond mere PSU football.

Given the point of view of most of us, which you already concede you are aware of, it seems somewhat pointless for you to continually come here and insult folks by telling us to Move On, whether or not you think our position does no good to anybody or anyone. We know how you feel. You know how we feel. Barring any new information forthcoming, those things aren't going to change. We aren't going to leave the incident in the past, at least not yet. There is far too much unfinished business yet to do, and far too many questions unanswered. No amount of sniggering commentary from you or anybody else is going to persuade most of us otherwise.

If you want things to be civil here, just stick to football. Nobody is going to hammer you for doing that.

And please, this has nothing to do with not tolerating different points of view. We've tolerated your point of view for 5 years now, and you're not banned and you're not ignored. We just don't need you to insinuate that we are idiots because we refuse to Move On.
I mean, do you see what I have been called merely for having the opinion I have? If you think that I have been less civil on here than the ones who attack me, I vehemently disagree.

In terms of this thread, I came to talk about Bleich and it looks like he is leaning on flipping.

Last edited:
Well, if I were you I'd just stick to football and recruits. We know where you stand, and you know where many of us stand. We're not going to change anybody's minds at this point until/unless new information comes out.

As for Bleich, oh well. Anybody who gives up a free room at the Four Seasons so they can stay at a Days Inn is an unusual chap.

I mean, do you see what I have been called merely for having the opinion I have? If you think that I have been less civil on here than the ones who attack me, I vehemently disagree.

I terms of this thead, I came on to talk about Bleich and it looks like he is leaning on flipping.
You're not out of line and f--k anyone telling you that you can't speak their mind because they are afraid of a different opinion. You have this little group who only wants to hear what they like and attack anyone not carrying their flag. More people step over the line attacking you than vice versa. I agree on this recruit and I'm not worried one bit.

He can say what he wants, of course, but the point that you missed is that he complains about being attacked. We get that you are virulently anti-Jerry, and that's fine and not unreasonable, but anybody who calls the mass of us fools for having our own opinion regarding the illegality of the collateral damage risks getting called out for it. You only escape it because frankly this is one issue that brings out the raving lunatic in you. If I may be blunt.

He can say what he wants, of course, but the point that you missed is that he complains about being attacked. We get that you are virulently anti-Jerry, and that's fine and not unreasonable, but anybody who calls the mass of us fools for having our own opinion regarding the illegality of the collateral damage risks getting called out for it. You only escape it because frankly this is one issue that brings out the raving lunatic in you. If I may be blunt.
You can be blunt and so will I. You're a bunch of flaming hypocrites. Just being blunt as you guys cannot stand hearing the flip side of things and look the other way when a freak like JZ is leading the charge. You guys only escape it as this is the one site that accepts the foolishness. No offense though as that 2 way street is hard for some to see apparently.

You can be blunt and so will I. You're a bunch of flaming hypocrites. Just being blunt as you guys cannot stand hearing the flip side of things and look the other way when a freak like JZ is leading the charge. You guys only escape it as this is the one site that accepts the foolishness. No offense though as that 2 way street is hard for some to see apparently.

That's deep man! Real deep.

Reactions: Aloha T

Not really. I'm not on the JZ bandwagon one bit. Individuals like him hurt more than they help, because they give ammo to guys like you.

But whatever. So long as JS stays in jail, I guess it's OK for a bunch of innocent people to suffer. The message is don't look behind the curtain, right?

Not really. I'm not on the JZ bandwagon one bit. Individuals like him hurt more than they help, because they give ammo to guys like you.

But whatever. So long as JS stays in jail, I guess it's OK for a bunch of innocent people to suffer. The message is don't look behind the curtain, right?
I think the innocent ones are being hosed, but with no trial I can see where some may have doubts. Apparently those people need to be shouted down and disparaged.

Reactions: TheGLOV
For numerous reasons having a trial is best for all involved. But if it doesn't happen, please keep your mind open to the possibility that it's because certain people don't want certain questions asked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT