ADVERTISEMENT

Is Chris Bleich decommitting?

orabL_s-200x150.gif

Now Bleich has decided to attend Pitt's Junior Day. Is he being processed by the staff?

Why is my credibility not the best? Because I don't hold the same opinion of those involved in the scandal as many on here? Would it make you feel better to know that I predicted 10 wins in the regular season for us last summer?

I'm not trolling here and my person opinion (from reading the tea leaves) is that Chris is being pulled to Rutgers from his family and perhaps PSU is not too upset about it. I could be wrong, but that is how I see it right now.
"involved in the scandal"? What the Hell you talking about?

This whole thread is totally unfair to a 16 year old kid. I can't believe it has not been deleted.
You may know something, but he is very well looking around. Just like Parsons is. No sense worrying about it. He committed super early and is exploring his options. That isn't a guess.

Reactions: TheGLOV
This whole thread is totally unfair to a 16 year old kid. I can't believe it has not been deleted.

What's unfair to him? He's a kid committed to PSU and looking around at Rutger and Pitt ... it's logic and experience following recruiting for over a decade.

I wish him well wherever he ends up. I think it's unfair that you pester his family about it, but that's a you (personal) thing.

What's unfair to him? He's a kid committed to PSU and looking around at Rutger and Pitt ... it's logic and experience following recruiting for over a decade.

I wish him well wherever he ends up. I think it's unfair that you pester his family about it, but that's a you (personal) thing.
I have never spoken to his family. I didn't start this thread, either.

Reactions: BBrown

He should probably visit Univ. of Miami, Alabama and the Univ. of Hawaii if he is just looking around!

He should probably visit Univ. of Miami, Alabama and the Univ. of Hawaii if he is just looking around!

Who knows, he may have been encouraged to look around. So much goes on behind the scenes that we don't and should not be privy to. Good luck to the young man with his choice. I only get somewhat annoyed when a kid commits early in the process and then jumps at the last moment. That hamstrings the program. Similarly, I think it is despicable when some programs tell a kid that they offered that there is no spot for them ( in the last days).

It's still very early in the game. Maybe the success we've been having has made him nervous about being processed later on. We don't do that, but perhaps others are putting it into his ear. Whatever. If he's uncomfortable for any reason, he's free to move on. I don't believe that it is necessary for JF to hold his spot, however, if he is so undecided.

These kids can go wherever they choose, it's their decision. I don't like the last minute change of heart or "flipping" a player, leaving a staff scrambling for a replacement ( ala Rivers...yet we land Brooks), but what's worse are the fan attacks on Twitter...horrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: marshall23
I haven't received an answer about this yet. Was he, or was he not invited to the Junior Day last Sunday? That will tell you all you need to know if he is being processed.

Other than the coaches and Bleich no one knows if he was or was not invited .

Where there is smoke; there is fire.

So,......we can clearly see his tweets and other info posted about visiting Pitt for junior day and the possible interest in Rutgers.

And,...PSU was reportedly his school growing up.

And all of this speculation tells us,........................NOTHING.

Wake me the day after signing day Feb. 2018 and then I'll believe what I see.

I wise old poster once said: "Don't worry about what a H.S. recruit says; worry about what he does!"

Look, this is a 3-star offensive lineman. No offense to the young man, but 3-star offensive lineman do grow on trees. If it's not him, it will be someone else like him. So be it. If he wants to go to Pitt and visit the Car Care Bowl every other year, let him. If he wants to go to Rutgers, and never ever see a bowl game of any kind, let him. Here in HV, life will go on. Chris Bleich is not going to make or break Penn State football.

From the looks of his Twitter post he is excited for his visit to sPitt on the 18th. Doesn't sound like someone who is solid for PSU.

From the looks of his Twitter post he is excited for his visit to sPitt on the 18th. Doesn't sound like someone who is solid for PSU.

This is where our "captain" of the recruiting class comes in, or our Seargeant at arms. Last class it was Clifford as the capn, and Wade/Hansard as the sargeant at arms. 10 other commits right now, I say it might be time to designate the two spots, and go to work on the young man.

Reactions: uscgPSU
Look, this is a 3-star offensive lineman. No offense to the young man, but 3-star offensive lineman do grow on trees. If it's not him, it will be someone else like him. So be it. If he wants to go to Pitt and visit the Car Care Bowl every other year, let him. If he wants to go to Rutgers, and never ever see a bowl game of any kind, let him. Here in HV, life will go on. Chris Bleich is not going to make or break Penn State football.

Or he can revisit State College and watch two 2018 NFL draft picks play the tackle positions this year.

Important to take note of the schools that he's gaining interest in - Pitt and Rutgers. Not visits to Bama, OSU, UMich, Stanford. Pitt and Rutgers. Nothing to do with him being solid - I think all you need to know is the staff clearly has their sights set high for the '18 class and Bleich may not fit with some guys higher on the list. Best to wish the kid luck and move on.

The poor guy seems to live in a universe that is antisymmetric. Those here who took quantum mechanics will understand what I mean.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT