ADVERTISEMENT

?

WHy aren't more people getting on Howard for pressing with 15 seconds left down 15. BS move that started the whole process. If hes not pressing, the scrubs dont need a TO and the game is over.

Reactions: heckmans and bytir
Neil Reed is such a pussy.

Bob Knight is a great man and a great coach.
The “General” was quite the pussy when he went too far with a 5’7” gold medal winning wrestling coach. This story always makes me laugh.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-time-doug-blubaugh-pinned-bobby-knight-to-the-wall-at-indiana/

Snip:

Blubaugh stood just above five-feet-seven-inches. Bobby Knight stood six-foot-five. I doubt Blubaugh’s head came up to Bobby Knight’s chin. But that didn’t matter. Blubaugh also held rank as one of the best wrestlers in the world, and had an Olympic gold medal to prove it.

If you’ve ever met wrestlers, you should know they are level-headed and humble. The sport ingrains that attitude. I also believe it’s because they know they can literally drop anyone they meet, no matter how big or tough, in seconds. They spend years doing just that, over and over and over. Wrestlers are good dudes. Just don’t get on their bad side.

Bobby Knight did. In seconds, Doug Blubaugh had wrenched “The General” by the collar and slammed him, sputtering and squirming, against the far wall of Assembly Hall. Calmly, Doug Blubaugh explained he was IU’s wrestling coach and that Bobby Knight would never address him that way again. Ever.

Izzo nails it.
Also, let's hope the Wisky Asst files a lawsuit for assault. Howard is a complete loser.
Obviously was butt hurt about losing. When Wisky puts in the walk-ons for a minute of garbage time, Howard presses them with his schollie players, and then gets upset when Gard calls a TO to save his walk-ons and put them in a better position. What a fine "Michigan Man."

Yep. Despite my other instincts, the guy just jumped three rungs on my esteem ladder.

Reactions: bytir
Here's some "Word Salad" for you...
(I believe "word salad" is the preferred nomenclature by your colleagues these days.)

Assault
Definition
The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

How would you deal with a coach or teacher if they assaulted your kid...any kid? Call them a hero?

PS - I think Howard's suspension is exactly what he deserves, but let's be clear, Indiana put up with 29 years of an abusive, violent coach and he's still lionized.

You're absolutely correct.

Knight was an abusive bully for decades, but celebrated because he won championships. Neil Reed was hardly the first incident.

It's amazing to see people defend him even still today -- particularly non-IU folks.

Juwan Howard has issues and deserves his suspension. He's a hell of a long way from being at RMK's piece-of-shit status.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
IMO five games is too little. The rest of the season would have been better. And also the first two games of next season because I read two of his players got suspended for a game when they joined in, which they wouldn't have done had Howard not done what he did.

Also, I don't get why it's such a big deal that Wisky called a TO anyway. Even if Michigan wasn't pressing I wouldn't understand why it's a big deal that Wisky called a TO. The scrubs practice every day same as the stars so what other people consider to be meaningless garbage time is actually a big reward for them. If calling a TO helps them out then call a TO. Why does Howard even care?

IMO five games is too little. The rest of the season would have been better. And also the first two games of next season because I read two of his players got suspended for a game when they joined in, which they wouldn't have done had Howard not done what he did.

Also, I don't get why it's such a big deal that Wisky called a TO anyway. Even if Michigan wasn't pressing I wouldn't understand why it's a big deal that Wisky called a TO. The scrubs practice every day same as the stars so what other people consider to be meaningless garbage time is actually a big reward for them. If calling a TO helps them out then call a TO. Why does Howard even care?
It was too short given the fact that he also went after a fan after being pulled back from the original scrum. Haven’t seen a single person mention that.

It was too short given the fact that he also went after a fan after being pulled back from the original scrum. Haven’t seen a single person mention that.
Reminds me of an incident involving OSU. Following an interception Woody Hayes took a swing at a Clemson football player. Woody Hayes was an old man and the kid had his helmet on. Woody was to OSU as Joe was to Penn State. He was fired the next day.

Reminds me of an incident involving OSU. Following an interception Woody Hayes took a swing at a Clemson football player. Woody Hayes was an old man and the kid had his helmet on. Woody was to OSU as Joe was to Penn State. He was fired the next day.
Woozy was old by then and his record was slipping. Methinks the school was happy to have a reason to dump him. The BoT woulda done the same to Joe the last ten years.

You know, if we can stop the "racist" stuff, this is a good thread.

Some people believe that there should be no tolerance for bad behavior, whether by Juwan Howard, Bobby Knight, or Woody Hayes.

I think we should look at the total man - Woody Hayes should NOT have been lumped in with the other two.

Didn't Woody Hayes have a beautiful reputation prior to one stupid moment?

And honestly, I get that we have to fire Howard, and had to fire Knight. But are they the worst people in the world? Probably not.

I read the post about the wrestler showing Knight what tough looked like. Did Knight complain - or did he take his getting put in his place like he wanted his players to?

ADVERTISEMENT