ADVERTISEMENT

?

Another thing for Mushmouf to be silent about
Just the opposite. He's been all over social media defending Juwan Howard.

He then attacked Dick Vitale -- who is battling cancer -- for criticizing Howard.

All joking about Desmond aside.......what a despicable person he is. And he's a really poor analyst who absolutely cannot be objective toward Michigan in any way, shape, or form. After his clown show at the Heisman ceremony and how this, ESPN really needs to re-think his employment status there. But of course they won't.

Are you? Show me the punch

Punch, slap, karate chop.......that's pretty much textbook assault if authorities wanted to pursue it.

Not Howard's first moment of rage on the sidelines. It won't be his last.

I initially thought, "oh, that's a 5-game suspension". But his post-game presser actually makes it worse in my mind. No remorse. And he seems to respect his players who then threw punches.

Michigan should fire his ass. They won't, but he clearly has issues that won't end here.

Punch, slap, karate chop.......that's pretty much textbook assault if authorities wanted to pursue it.

Not Howard's first moment of rage on the sidelines. It won't be his last.

I initially thought, "oh, that's a 5-game suspension". But his post-game presser actually makes it worse in my mind. No remorse. And he seems to respect his players who then threw punches.

Michigan should fire his ass. They won't, but he clearly has issues that won't end here.
totally agree. He opens his hand mid-strike so it wasn't a closed fist. But the first person that gets physical loses in the eyes of the law.

Howard refuses to shake the W's coach's hand. So the coach grabs his arm, no big deal. Then they start yelling, again, no big deal. Players jump in, there is some pushing, probably worth a suspension but nothing major. Then Howard throws a punch/slap. Clearly assault in any other arena.

UM needs to terminate him, today.

Last edited:
totally agree. He opens his hand mid-strike so it wasn't a closed fist. But the first person that gets physical loses in the eyes of the law.

Howard refuses to shake the W's coach's hand. So the coach grabs his arm, no big deal. Then they start yelling, again, no big deal. Players jump in, there is some pushing, probably worth a suspension but nothing major. Then Howard throws a punch/slap. Clearly assault in any other arena.

Exactly

Yeah, if he was gonna hit somebody it pretty much had to be on the initial contact by Gard or whoever. Once there was no imminent threat from that initial awkward approach it was a clean slate, and big boy’s decision.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Yeah, if he was gonna hit somebody it pretty much had to be on the initial contact by Gard or whoever. Once there was no imminent threat from that initial awkward approach it was a clean slate, and big boy’s decision.
As a coach and an adult, he has to have more control than that. And, I mean, for a TO because he thinks Gard is piling on? It is another thing if he thought a player cheap-shotted someone. To get into a fight during post-game handshakes is so bush league it deserves to be a firing offense. One has to wonder if Howard has anger issues.

Detroit News (paper) just stated Howard should be fired. Gard explains his side in the embedded video. Gard says he had 4 seconds to get the ball over half-court after the ball was deflected OOB. The ref told him, if he called TO, he gets the full ten seconds. He called TO because he had the scrubs in and wanted to get the full ten seconds to compose his players even though he was up big. Howard starts finger-pointing as Gard tries to explain what happened and why. People jump in, pushing, screaming, tempers flare.

Last edited:
Guys, I agree, reading the comments, Howard should be fired.

But the assault stuff is too much.
Hate seeing criminal charges for every single touch or push. People are people and make mistakes. Don’t give someone a criminal record because of some silly moment of anger. Not just this case but see it all the time anytime someone is touched and starts whining ‘I was assaulted😿😿😿😿’

But he should be seriously reprimanded if not fired. Not only did he strike the coach he also went after someone in front row about 20 seconds later. Should be gone for the season and do some serious anger management training. And be forced to do some public speaking about anger and violence in our country.

Better yet, suspend the team from any NCAA bids and replace them with us. That would teach em!

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
Just the opposite. He's been all over social media defending Juwan Howard.

He then attacked Dick Vitale -- who is battling cancer -- for criticizing Howard.

All joking about Desmond aside.......what a despicable person he is. And he's a really poor analyst who absolutely cannot be objective toward Michigan in any way, shape, or form. After his clown show at the Heisman ceremony and how this, ESPN really needs to re-think his employment status there. But of course they won't.
Unbelievable (but believable). I just hopped on Twitter. What a scumbag he is

Watching this, Howard actually struck one of Wisky’s assistant coaches, not the head coach. So he can’t claim any kind of self defense or even getting even with the guy that grabbed his arm. It was a different guy. And kudos to that guy as he immediately backed away instead of escalating the fighting.

Watching this, Howard actually struck one of Wisky’s assistant coaches, not the head coach. So he can’t claim any kind of self defense or even getting even with the guy that grabbed his arm. It was a different guy. And kudos to that guy as he immediately backed away instead of escalating the fighting.
I totally agree. I don't see any assault charges but clearly grounds for firing.

As a coach and an adult, he has to have more control than that. And, I mean, for a TO because he thinks Gard is piling on? It is another thing if he thought a player cheap-shotted someone. To get into a fight during post-game handshakes is so bush league it deserves to be a firing offense. One has to wonder if Howard has anger issues.

Detroit News (paper) just stated Howard should be fired. Gard explains his side in the embedded video. Gard says he had 4 seconds to get the ball over half-court after the ball was deflected OOB. The ref told him, if he called TO, he gets the full ten seconds. He called TO because he had the scrubs in and wanted to get the full ten seconds to compose his players even though he was up big. Howard starts finger-pointing as Gard tries to explain what happened and why. People jump in, pushing, screaming, tempers flare.
Howard is upset that Wisconsin called the timeout but he shouldn't be pressing down 15 with 20 seconds left.

And if you watch the incident, Howard was pulled back and was disengaged for a while and then lunged back into the mix to take a swing at the Wisky assistant. But the Michigan fan base is spinning it as self defense.

And of course Desdumb chimes in - what a shock. The UM fans and graduates are by far the most arrogant and self-entitled school out there. I know many on here can't stand PItt and OSU but they come nowhere near Michigan on the a-hole list

Last edited:
And if you watch the incident, Howard was pulled back and was disengaged for a while and then lunged back into the mix to take a swing at the Wisky assistant. But the Michigan fan base is spinning it as self defense.

And of course Desdumb chimes in - what a shock. The UM fans and graduates are by far the most arrogant and self-entitled school out there. I know many on here can't stand PItt and OSU but they come nowhere near Michigan on the a-hole list
I am not sure about Gard...have to see what he said, but if Howard isn't fired there is no justice in the B1G (not expecting it, to be clear, but if the PSU coach did that he'd have been gone before the end of the press conference).

Reactions: bison13 and psu00
I am not sure about Gard...have to see what he said, but if Howard isn't fired there is no justice in the B1G (not expecting it, to be clear, but if the PSU coach did that he'd have been gone before the end of the press conference).
Yep, just shows the difference in the schools. Two different ways of thinking and making people accountable. But we're talking about Michigan who considers themselves superior both in athletics and especially academically.

OK...this is funny

FMIXeu4X0AIMNc7

He won't be fired because he's from Chicago and you don't touch anyone from Chicago or anything goes. Even when you're a head coach and so called leader of men the Chicago logic overrides all. This logic is serving Chicago well so why not Michigan Men.
THe justification of violence and antisocial behavior in this country is beyond pathetic.

He won't be fired because he's from Chicago and you don't touch anyone from Chicago or anything goes. Even when you're a head coach and so called leader of men the Chicago logic overrides all. This logic is serving Chicago well so why not Michigan Men.
THe justification of violence and antisocial behavior in this country is beyond pathetic.
Amen...

The worst of this, for me, is the fact that as a leader and role model for young people, he doubles down and makes excuses for this type of behavior. This isn’t his first incident of this type (see his incident last year against Maryland, as well as his excuses for his behavior). I’m all about teachable moments over canceling people, but it’s hard to defend somebody who refuses to take responsibility or accountability for their actions, especially one in his position as a coach/leader/role model. It’s just a horrible situation all around, and one that will continue to happen if there is nothing done about it.

Different eras. Juwan Howard is a legend at Michigan but there's no way that's a good look for them. If Gard threw a punch at Howard would people want him fired? I think so.
Jason Whitlock's take on what you note...

Jason Whitlock's take on what you note...

Good article. What's baffling is the inability of the "woke elite" to comprehend the message they convey...i.e. black inferiority. In effect they foster the very "racism" they claim to be fighting. People aren't stupid. The dumbing down of aptitude tests, not enforcing behavioral standards, eliminating STEM courses in magnet schools, implicit quotas, set asides, etc., etc., all imply that blacks are less civilized and/or can't compete on their own. Not even after sixty years of "programs" and trillions of dollars dedicated to lifting them up. Time to back away from all this, IMO, and focus on treating people as individuals rather than members of a group. Don't hold your breath...the Grievance Industrial Complex won't go quietly.

Punch first, ask questions later! Prominent member of the Gang of 5= no big deal or punishment of any consequence!

Reactions: wolve1972
Honestly his post game press conference did him in probably more than the physical contact--zero accountability.

Does NOT need to call that TO. Totally unnecessary. What is he thinking just let the game play out. Not like a player was hurt. The game was won. Then don't grab the guy. If you have to grab him to get his attention then just don't do it, obvious he doesn't want to hear your lame explanation. Howard should have shaken his hand so just let it go. You don't need to grab him. Howard's behavior was classless but Gard is a weasel.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
So the coach grabs his arm, no big deal
There is a black-white cultural issue here. Marcellus Wiley and Emmanuel Acho both state that Gard touching Howard crossed a line. See 2:50 of Youtube video where Wiley stated that Gard started it. In my mind, gently grabbing someone's elbow and saying, hey I want to talk to you is perfectly fine. If the touched person says, leave me alone, you leave him alone. However, it is not a big deal to invade someone's space in that manner to me. Wiley is mostly a conservative person (he opposes BLM), but he places substantial blame on Gard. In my circles, I wouldn't.

Reactions: bison13
It could have been WAY worse. What if, instead of trying to punch an opposing coach, Howard said this:

“I want to loosen the noose that’s around your neck.”

The horror!

There is a black-white cultural issue here. Marcellus Wiley and Emmanuel Acho both state that Gard touching Howard crossed a line. See 2:50 of Youtube video where Wiley stated that Gard started it. In my mind, gently grabbing someone's elbow and saying, hey I want to talk to you is perfectly fine. If the touched person says, leave me alone, you leave him alone. However, it is not a big deal to invade someone's space in that manner to me. Wiley is mostly a conservative person (he opposes BLM), but he places substantial blame on Gard. In my circles, I wouldn't.

Isn't "invading space" what the handshake line is all about??

Izzo nails it.
Also, let's hope the Wisky Asst files a lawsuit for assault. Howard is a complete loser.
Obviously was butt hurt about losing. When Wisky puts in the walk-ons for a minute of garbage time, Howard presses them with his schollie players, and then gets upset when Gard calls a TO to save his walk-ons and put them in a better position. What a fine "Michigan Man."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT