ADVERTISEMENT

Is Anyone Here.....

awesome to see some of the names on here! Feels like home. By the way, if anyone wants to know a good recipe for cornbread, head on over to On3.
I’m still here(from your Cotton Bowl buddy, in which you share the same first name).

Can anyone provide a short summary of why all this happened? If a board is still here then why isn't it McA's board? Did he want to take his board somewhere else and if so, why?

The other boards fonts are too narrow and hard to read. Readability is big for me.

Can anyone provide a short summary of why all this happened? If a board is still here then why isn't it McA's board? Did he want to take his board somewhere else and if so, why?

The other boards fonts are too narrow and hard to read. Readability is big for me.
I believe it was BWI that, having been sold, made the decision to move to a new platform. Tom decided to go with them.

I’m kind of in both places right now… not sure yet if I’ll gravitate more toward one or the other.

Reactions: step.eng69
Lord McA turned out to be quite the snake in the grass. I let him know this Sunday so he deleted the post then blacklisted me from the board. Guess the reset Monday let me out of “jail.”
Sorry to hear that, Jim. I have no issues with Tom, and am posting primarily over at On3. Will be checking in here periodically. It will likely take awhile for things to shake out one way or another. I don't expect it will be monolithic in any event.

Phil had a deal with Rivals/Yahoo to bring his BWI content to the platform. Phil sold BWI to ON3 so BWI went to ON3. This included BWI staff like Nate and Ryan.
BWI departed so Rivals found replacements to run "Nittany Nation". Lord McAndrew decided to take his free board moderating activities to ON3 along with the BWI staff.

Rivals has a page for Evey college program. They have contracts for people to manage the content and activity on each page. All that changed is the people under contract to publish and manage the PSU pages of Rivals

Frankly, it seems like more news content is posted on the free board than ever before and there is less of Lord McAndrew deeming anything he didn't like as "politics" while he pontificated on historical politics. I do miss the T&A musing of 60yo men and Art telling everyone they are wrong in a desperate attempt to address his own insecurities, but I guess life has trade-offs.

I bounce back and worth. I believe that one or the other will win out. Bouncing back and forth, I think I can tell which one will prevail.

homer-simpson-im-out.gif

• Haha
Reactions: psu00
I am on both boards but I am a reader more than a writer so it doesn't matter.

I think since it started here it should stay here, hell, they kept a Tom post pinned above. I can’t help but notice that stupid Quaker picture every time I scroll down.

Stupid picture?

OUCH man!!

That's his HS senior pic sir!

He was voted 'most likely to start his day the nutritious way!"

;)

after then Illinois game I stayed off the message boards because I am affected by losses more than I like and the message boards amplify that quite a bit

the result is that I forgot that this change was happening and when I returned here yesterday I didn't even notice the name change at first lol

I made an account at that ON3 place when the news came out but I haven't been over there, I'll probably stay here as long as there is a decent amount of traffic

after then Illinois game I stayed off the message boards because I am affected by losses more than I like and the message boards amplify that quite a bit

the result is that I forgot that this change was happening and when I returned here yesterday I didn't even notice the name change at first lol

I made an account at that ON3 place when the news came out but I haven't been over there, I'll probably stay here as long as there is a decent amount of traffic

I need you to stay right here man!

:)

from before the change? I've tried the On3 Board and the topics seem to be like this board in the middle of a winter dead period.
I am back to chasing dreams, and taking items off my bucket list, so my time going forward will be limited and not conducive to spending time on both boards. Since I find it necessary to make a choice, I will take up residence on the new board. I am sure I will stop back here every now and then, but my primary focus will be on the other site. I wish those who are staying here the best. There are good people on both boards and many of those will be dual-citizens, so it is possible both sites will prosper. If any who are staying here still wish to buy poor quality merchandise at outrageously high prices, have your people call my people.

Phil had a deal with Rivals/Yahoo to bring his BWI content to the platform. Phil sold BWI to ON3 so BWI went to ON3. This included BWI staff like Nate and Ryan.
BWI departed so Rivals found replacements to run "Nittany Nation". Lord McAndrew decided to take his free board moderating activities to ON3 along with the BWI staff.

Rivals has a page for Evey college program. They have contracts for people to manage the content and activity on each page. All that changed is the people under contract to publish and manage the PSU pages of Rivals

Frankly, it seems like more news content is posted on the free board than ever before and there is less of Lord McAndrew deeming anything he didn't like as "politics" while he pontificated on historical politics. I do miss the T&A musing of 60yo men and Art telling everyone they are wrong in a desperate attempt to address his own insecurities, but I guess life has trade-offs.
It was his complete intellectual disingenuousness that always drove me nuts. He would let dicks like Dimlion provide nothing but insults disguised as political commentary and then ban anyone who made a point he did not like. Wherever he is now I will be sure not to frequent.

Still her, numbnuts.

Reactions: bison13
It was his complete intellectual disingenuousness that always drove me nuts. He would let dicks like Dimlion provide nothing but insults disguised as political commentary and then ban anyone who made a point he did not like. Wherever he is now I will be sure not to frequent.
Exactly right.

Liberal politics were allowed, conservatives fighting back was not allowed.

I read both boards. I’m not married to either. A good conversation is a good conversation. Pick on Tom all you want, but the new leader here is a Rutgers grad. And we know how Rutgers fans treated us a few years back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT