ADVERTISEMENT

Ironman

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017
I'm not watching mostly, but just caught Figueroa's Semi. Dang, the dude is a hammer. Majored the Wy Sem kid 13-2.

Saw Bartlett was upset earlier too by 14 seed Moore from St. Paris Graham.

Disinterested? What’s he doing or not doing? I’d think he looks ok if he’s headed to finals of that tournament .
He just seems to stand straight up and down and always turns to his opponent, doesn’t face him. Even the announcers made a comment that he doesn’t look like he wants to be there. He won 9-6 against an unranked kid. Maybe he just has a very nonchalant style. Just my observation

He just seems to stand straight up and down and always turns to his opponent, doesn’t face him. Even the announcers made a comment that he doesn’t look like he wants to be there. He won 9-6 against an unranked kid. Maybe he just has a very nonchalant style. Just my observation

He does have a nonchalant style. Doesn’t like to hand fight from what I’ve seen.

He does have a nonchalant style. Doesn’t like to hand fight from what I’ve seen.
He’s obviously a great wrestler to make the finals of Ironman. Some guys are very relaxed wrestlers but he takes that to another level.

You do realize Ferrari pinned his way to the semis, right? At the Ironman..........so did Amos and Schultz.. unprecedented.

Reactions: lionlover
He’s obviously a great wrestler to make the finals of Ironman. Some guys are very relaxed wrestlers but he takes that to another level.

Gotcha...thank you for the observations . Keep us updated please on tourney if you’re tuned in

You do realize Ferrari pinned his way to the semis, right? At the Ironman..........so did Amos and Schultz.. unprecedented.
Yes, I realize that. I haven’t watched him wrestle much before and was surprised by his style. He’s obviously very talented, just making an observation

Ferrari is unreal. Don't judge by one match. He could be sick, saving something for the finals, who knows...

He has a pretty big frame for a Jr. in HS. We want this kid. My money says he won't stay at 197. Picture him with 30 more lbs of muscle = Cassar's apprentice.

Reactions: AB1
That has to be the worst feeling for whoever’s responsible for that or any high volume website when the site goes down like that and you have paying customers affected.

Talk about your Saturday/Weekend being ruined...
A friend of mine works for Cisco and at one point had the FedEx hub in Memphis. Volume was so high during the holidays one year, they were, I think, overheating servers. That holds up airplanes full of stuff, which makes Fred Smith very unhappy. Little different scale.

Reactions: lionlover
Ferrari is unreal. Don't judge by one match. He could be sick, saving something for the finals, who knows...

He has a pretty big frame for a Jr. in HS. We want this kid. My money says he won't stay at 197. Picture him with 30 more lbs of muscle = Cassar's apprentice.

Goggles, think he’s a better Hwt prospect than Amos? Also, don’t we have one in Seth?

Isn't this basically how Dziewa reverse cruiselinered to Iowa? Not Ironman but made a big national splash and then upgraded.

If I recall correctly, Dziewa committed right after he won Fargo free in the summer before his senior year. Up until that point, he hadn't placed at PIAA's yet (was ineligible his junior year for transferring). But, coaches tend to take notice when kids win Junior free titles in Fargo and recruitment really took off. After Iowa entered the mix, Rutgers lost their guy.

Reactions: danoftw
Goggles, think he’s a better Hwt prospect than Amos? Also, don’t we have one in Seth?

Good points. I think Ferrari is definitely a better 'wrestler' than Amos, and has more upside. No detracton on Amos he is a stud.

As far as Seth is concerned, this seems to be one time where Cael is open to over recruiting. Apparently we went pretty hard for Kirkv, and word has it we are recruting Amos hard too.

Hwt is going to be very tough for the next 5 years, and Seth's performance recently was less than stellar, where some of his peers (Cassioppi, Paris, Gable of course, and others..) are all tearing it up. Likewise there doesn't seem to be a tourney Cassi won't enter, folk/free it doesn't matter, and his development is pretty amazing to watch. He is dominating everywhere. It's hard to tell what Seth is up to. There have been a number of tourneys where we could see him going against the guys above but he skips most. I hate to say it but I loved Seth 2 years ago, but of late I have some questions.

It seems Cael is at least willing to open it up for competition, so what is he seeing?

With Beard maning 197 we wouldn't need Ferrari there unless we open that weight up to competition as well.

I just get the sense with Cassar likely to get a 6th, we are not yet seeing the long term picture at heavy, despite Seth grey shirting.

Good points. I think Ferrari is definitely a better 'wrestler' than Amos, and has more upside. No detracton on Amos he is a stud.

As far as Seth is concerned, this seems to be one time where Cael is open to over recruiting. Apparently we went pretty hard for Kirkv, and word has it we are recruting Amos hard too.

Hwt is going to be very tough for the next 5 years, and Seth's performance recently was less than stellar, where some of his peers (Cassioppi, Paris, Gable of course, and others..) are all tearing it up. Likewise there doesn't seem to be a tourney Cassi won't enter, folk/free it doesn't matter, and his development is pretty amazing to watch. He is dominating everywhere. It's hard to tell what Seth is up to. There have been a number of tourneys where we could see him going against the guys above but he skips most. I hate to say it but I loved Seth 2 years ago, but of late I have some questions.

It seems Cael is at least willing to open it up for competition, so what is he seeing?

With Beard maning 197 we wouldn't need Ferrari there unless we open that weight up to competition as well.

I just get the sense with Cassar likely to get a 6th, we are not yet seeing the long term picture at heavy, despite Seth grey shirting.

All solid points and there does seem to be a code of silence surrounding young Nevills or at least from the fans as Cael obviously isn’t going to discuss a kid not in the program yet, but not much being said and you may have highlighted some reasons, it’s an odd situation I think

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
Saw Bartlett was upset earlier too by 14 seed Moore from St. Paris Graham.

That hurts, Bartlett is my boy ... Saunders is the consensus #1, Bartlett #2.

They have wrestled Several times folk and free. Both have won, several matches are on Flo and YouTube.

Bartlett is much more aggressive and active, Saunders is steady and solid. I keep trying to judge potential and who Cael could develop more. I keep coming back to Barlett but as today shows, what do I know?

Net net - I really believe we will get one or both for a future 1-2 punch at the middle weights. The 2020 class is strong and we have already struck gold with Howard.

Last edited:
Whats the story on Van Nes at 132, only a soph...might fit into the future lineup pretty well at 141 or 149

I seem to recall a PSU guy who looked the same time to time. Dont want to drop names but his initials are ER and he turned out Ok.

That was exactly my thought. So he wrestles like Ed. I'll take that any time.

Disinterested? What’s he doing or not doing? I’d think he looks ok if he’s headed to finals of that tournament .

Is Ferrari a Penn St Commit? He is extremely good. His style is very Penn State. Would be a great fit

Luckily Turley already signed the NLI

But did his parents sign?

not-fake.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT