ADVERTISEMENT

Iron Man 2021

Top Hat finals - Cael Nasdeo pinned by Northampton's Carson Wagner, attempted an ankle pick exactly as Wagner was going for a fireman's, which became a bottom leg cradle.

Nicholas Feldman looked like a man wrestling boys....pinned or teched everyone until the finals and beat Kolby Franking 15-6 who is going to Iowa. I don't think he gave up an offensive point in the tourney.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Nicholas Feldman looked like a man wrestling boys....pinned or teched everyone until the finals and beat Kolby Franking 15-6 who is going to Iowa. I don't think he gave up an offensive point in the tourney.
Feldman curb stomped the Clarion Open thru the semis (he withdrew before the finals), so this was a step down in competition for him.

And, yes, Tan Tom is getting a monster.

Reactions: fronk71
I thought Perry was in eighth grade? Kid is going to be good
He's now in HS, ranked the #1 FR in the state by PA Power Wrestling.

PA Power projects him to win states this year, which is exceedingly rare. Most years even the #1 guy is projected to make the podium during the preseason freshman rankings.

So nice of the instructor to have the freedom/lack of concern to infect/endanger others. "Merica !!
I am guessing none of the kids wore masks either. Usually people who are exerting themselves, such as wrestlers in practice, weightlifters, and any other person who is engaged in physical do not wear masks during the activity. 2 questions - What is the real purpose of being vaccinated if you can still spread it and did anyone get sick or just following covid protocol? For that matter, did nay of them test positive themselves?

I am guessing none of the kids wore masks either. Usually people who are exerting themselves, such as wrestlers in practice, weightlifters, and any other person who is engaged in physical do not wear masks during the activity. 2 questions - What is the real purpose of being vaccinated if you can still spread it and did anyone get sick or just following covid protocol? For that matter, did nay of them test positive themselves?
We have a thread for that kind of discussion here.

Asked and answered many times in the dumpster fire thread that you have been directed to. But....Since you have posted there more than a dozen times....I'm sure you already know the answer.

138 - Kasak INJ Duke 4:00, up 4-1 at the time.

May this be a preview of many futur e battles in the PSU room, except for the injury part.
Do you know if Kasak has interest in PS? Or PS interested in Kasak? What do you think he will wrestle in college?

He's now in HS, ranked the #1 FR in the state by PA Power Wrestling.

PA Power projects him to win states this year, which is exceedingly rare. Most years even the #1 guy is projected to make the podium during the preseason freshman rankings.
Thats awesome guess I'm going to king of the mountain

that’s a really slick counter to that underhook pick. nasdeo was in really good position to score there.
That's about familiarity -- this was at least their 4th match in the past year, and they've met before that.

Will be interesting to see how Nasdeo adjusts. Real good chance they'll meet again at states if not sooner, maybe in the state final (as they were ranked 1st and 2nd in PA going into the match).

Reactions: Dogwelder
That's about familiarity -- this was at least their 4th match in the past year, and they've met before that.

Will be interesting to see how Nasdeo adjusts. Real good chance they'll meet again at states if not sooner, maybe in the state final (as they were ranked 1st and 2nd in PA going into the match).
okay interesting. he definitely looked prepared for the cross pick. what’s the series look like? one sided or back and forth?

okay interesting. he definitely looked prepared for the cross pick. what’s the series look like? one sided or back and forth?
Offhand I think they've all been close. Nasdeo won at 2021 states something like 3-1, Wagner won this past offseason in OT (IIRC at Super 32). Not remembering which way other matches went.

Looked like a Japanese Whizzer from left side and then caught the cradle.
Wow! It’s a Japanese Whizzer motion from the opponent’s left side, with one’s own right trapezius in the opponent’s left armpit. I never knew we can do the Japanese Whizzer motion from that position. I thought we would only do it with our own left trapezius/shoulder/arm in the opponent’s left armpit.

Is his way a new move? Or have others done it before?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst69
Wow! It’s a Japanese Whizzer motion from the opponent’s left side, with one’s own right trapezius in the opponent’s left armpit. I never knew we can do the Japanese Whizzer motion from that position. I thought we would only do it with our own left trapezius/shoulder/arm in the opponent’s left armpit.

Is his way a new move? Or have others done it before?
desanto does it frequently. usually it ends up looking more like an arm spin where you come out the back door/end up hip to hip. in this case, his opponent let his hips float over the top which gave him the opportunity to capture that bottom leg and turn it into more of a fireman’s carry motion

Looks like BECA had good tournament. They should definitely be Class of Lehigh Valley.
Saucon Valley had good tournament at Top Hat. Crookham did not wrestle.

Last edited:

#1 v #2 in state FINAL?? Basically a 50/50 chance unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT