ADVERTISEMENT

Iron Man 2021

Desmond, Lilledahl, McGowan, Duke ... FULL COURT PRESS !!!!

Duke is a special talent

giphy.gif

He is up 2 weight classes from Super 32. Big growth spurt or just no need to cut any weight?
Not cutting weight he did for Super 32 he's only 15 years old it's about getting better at this point. His dad gets it and listens. We talk about athletes being coachable same goes for the parents. Parents need to listen to the people who train your son or daughter. Youve them train there for a reason so listen

We talk about athletes being coachable same goes for the parents. Parents need to listen to the people who train your son or daughter. Youve them train there for a reason so listen
Unless the coach is a terrible human that is not qualified for the job of course.

So nice of the instructor to have the freedom/lack of concern to infect/endanger others. "Merica !!

Does PSU have coaches attending the Iron man? Seems like a good place to scout/recruit.

Desmond, Lilledahl, McGowan, Duke ... FULL COURT PRESS !!!!

Lil' Arrow and I watched as much as we could of the Quarters. Tried to hone in on FCP folks and IL boys. Here's my very astute takes from what I could catch. Missed a lot of middleweight action.

- Desmond looks like a 6 ft. 106 pounder. Had a sweet double leg and used length well to ride.
- Lilledahl must hate yoga but loves to hand fight. Jesus it was like two bears going at it for a bit props to both dudes.
- McGowan just so smooth and in control of everything. Very "paced" and chill throughout.
- Duke in the QTRS definitely was a little hesitant / was given a match until he poured it on late. His corner was screaming to go for a major and he gave it his all to make it happen. Felt like it was close for 5 minus and then just wasn't. Points are F*n. Won 13-4 but had to work for it.
- Nasir Baily is a monster. Illinois to UNC pipeline seems to have been established. He's the best of the 3 brothers.
- Rowley vs. Arnold still in the works!
- Is Correa a freshman that bumped Franklin to HWT!? What's the story there? Shumate is ready for OSU with his bottom work....I'll need people in the know to explain this one to me, only caught the 3rd period of Shumate stalling for his life -- got the Dub, so who cares! Did some minor searching on rankings for Correa and he was listed as a Frosh 220 on Flo.
- Watching Franklin at Heavy was like watching Manville & other PSU gamers going up weight classes!

Franklin to heavy is more about the weight classes as they are different than PA or national preps per David Bray on FRL something along the lines of there is a 175 weight class then it goes to 190 and the 215. They speculated that Correa was too big for 175 so he went 190, they have a ranked guy (Darrah) at 215 and I guess needed Franklin to fill in at heavy.

Last edited:
Reactions: cheddarwurst69
Also, seems like Correa is super well known — and Duke is also a Freshman — and I need to do more homework on these guys ;).

The McGowan kid is, dare I say it, almost RBY quick. Wow.
Ya that kid is nasty quick. I noticed him as well. I also noticed Wask from Blair...he's got a great motor and nearly beat #1 Rowley at 170 wrestling up from 160. Some questionable calls in that match may have swung it...Navy got a good one there.

Last edited:
Reactions: kevin310
ADVERTISEMENT