ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Ohio State

Whoop-Dee-Doo, he allowed Warner to stall his way to a win - stalled the entire 3rd Period. Ref knew he stalled the entire 3rd Period - Ref knows only calling one stall allows him to stall his way to a 1-point "win" and that's exactly what the Ref allowed him to do. Ridiculous.
Maybe just maybe Huffman should have done more. If that was any other team other then Iowa you wouldn't be that made about it.

Maybe just maybe Huffman should have done more. If that was any other team other then Iowa you wouldn't be that made about it.

Yeah, I guess that's why Warner was so gassed after match - because HOFFMAN wasn't doing enough? LMAO. Utterly ridiculous the way the Ref allowed Warner to wrestle the 3rd... running away and hanging on for "stall-mates". [insert eyeroll]

• Haha
Reactions: fronk71 and MVPFAN
Hi from Ann Arbor. Just an absolutely dynamite effort from all 10 wrestlers. The kids brought it - energy and more.

Hildebrant set the tone, despite losing, RBY and Lee dominated. Bartlett looked great despite the unfortunate injury. Barraclough too looked decent in a loss, then the backend - I’ll call it murderers row - sealed the deal with Kerkvliet adding an exclamation point. In short, it was fun.

Hi from Ann Arbor. Just an absolutely dynamite effort from all 10 wrestlers. The kids brought it - energy and more.

Hildebrant set the tone, despite losing, RBY and Lee dominated. Bartlett looked great despite the unfortunate injury. Barraclough too looked decent in a loss, then the backend - I’ll call it murderers row - sealed the deal with Kerkvliet adding an exclamation point. In short, it was fun.
Thanks for the report. Hope you found a good spot to re-hydrate.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

I thought all the guys looked focused, I expected a PSU win, didn't really expect that a$$-kickin'. I'm looking forward to Sunday, and really looking forward to Friday night.

You think Hoffman would start here? Beard showed Hoffman the lights last year.
In tonight’s match, I thought the Buckeye fans were ready to explode hoping Hoffman could get the upset.

Then Gavin couldn’t get off bottom for for what seemed like 20 minutes, and all the air was left out of the building. Don’t think he’d be a good fit at PSU. I needed a couple NoDoz to get thru that match, what a snooze fest. 😴

Whoop-Dee-Doo, he allowed Warner to stall his way to a win - stalled the entire 3rd Period. Ref knew he stalled the entire 3rd Period - Ref knows only calling one stall allows him to stall his way to a 1-point "win" and that's exactly what the Ref allowed him to do. Ridiculous.

I do not disagree, but Hoffman crawled off the mat close to 6x in the first. Down right embarrassing. I would have been throwing stall calls like they were confetti in that match.

What a shit show. Makes me glad that we passed on both of them. Dean will handle Warner easily., At least a 3-5 point margin.

In tonight’s match, I thought the Buckeye fans were ready to explode hoping Hoffman could get the upset.

Then Gavin couldn’t get off bottom for for what seemed like 20 minutes, and all the air was left out of the building. Don’t think he’d be a good fit at PSU. I needed a couple NoDoz to get thru that match, what a snooze fest. 😴
When Gavin Wrestled Beard in High School.....Who's #1 I think.......he was motivated and showed it. Sadly......He looks like he just wants to graduate. Maybe waiting for 184 to open up and then going 184-197-heavyweight and back to 197 has just taken the love of the sport

Reactions: donboy6499
Took a peek at the hawks board to see their take on things.

does anyone else see irony in the fact that the number of posts bewailing the lack of an offensive style is almost the same as the number of posts bewailing that stalling is not being called?

my take: it’s a style and they do it well, and the matches were tough just like those in psu-mich. live with it.

Go up about 6 posts and you will see a comment that says " a few people on this board think max is overrated"
A few people? You probably believe CNN and Fox. Names? Oops, we don't need no stinkin names. Jesus, yours is a weak post.

Took a peek at the hawks board to see their take on things.

does anyone else see irony in the fact that the number of posts bewailing the lack of an offensive style is almost the same as the number of posts bewailing that stalling is not being called?

my take: it’s a style and they do it well, and the matches were tough just like those in psu-mich. live with it.

hot-mess.gif

The only match I was really disappointed in was Hildebrand and Suriano. That 3rd period is what kills folk style wrestling. Allowing a guy to simply ride and do or try nothing, is complete nonsense.

You should get 30 seconds max, to get it going or we're standing you up. All the other matches had guys try to turn the wrestler. If you're on top, you need to do something. If you're on bottom, you need to do something. 30 seconds or the stall points start flowing, or you're being stood up.

A few people? You probably believe CNN and Fox. Names? Oops, we don't need no stinkin names. Jesus, yours is a weak post.
What are you even talking about. Top of the page had the post. I dont watch mainstream news, stuff creates morons lmao

I do not disagree, but Hoffman crawled off the mat close to 6x in the first. Down right embarrassing. I would have been throwing stall calls like they were confetti in that match.

What a shit show. Makes me glad that we passed on both of them. Dean will handle Warner easily., At least a 3-5 point margin.

Based on that match, Dean is going to break him badly - Dean puts a lot of Pressure on - all match long. That Brucki match was awesome.

The only match I was really disappointed in was Hildebrand and Suriano. That 3rd period is what kills folk style wrestling. Allowing a guy to simply ride and do or try nothing, is complete nonsense.

You should get 30 seconds max, to get it going or we're standing you up. All the other matches had guys try to turn the wrestler. If you're on top, you need to do something. If you're on bottom, you need to do something. 30 seconds or the stall points start flowing, or you're being stood up.
I don’t disagree. For those that competed, trying to get the ride out (think Dean) is incredibly compelling. For those we drag kicking and screaming with us to watch our sport, it’s boring as hell.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Yeah, I guess that's why Warner was so gassed after match - because HOFFMAN wasn't doing enough? LMAO. Utterly ridiculous the way the Ref allowed Warner to wrestle the 3rd... running away and hanging on for "stall-mates". [insert eyeroll]
BOTH Hoffman and Warner stalled the entire match. The first period lasted 10 minutes. Both of them should have been DQ'd.

ADVERTISEMENT