ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State Stripeout

it’s an ode to the Alma Mater of the two greatest collegiate wrestling coaches of all time?

giphy.gif

My wife is 5 vodkas deep in the Penn State bar in Naples and slapped an Iowa fan on the shoulder harder than she she should have after that last FG. He said where’s your husband, I’m gonna kick his ass.
His buddy said, he’s the guy right over there that used to wrestle. You don’t want any part of that.
Iowa respects wrestlers. I’ll give them that.

Penn State's backup quarterback UTTERLY STINKS !!!

7 of 21 for a whopping 34 yards and 2 interceptions in key moments. A 1.6 yard average.

And how many false start penalties?

It would have been better to have a dodgeball player from the wrestling team out there.

Last edited:
My wife is 5 vodkas deep in the Penn State bar in Naples and slapped an Iowa fan on the shoulder harder than she she should have after that last FG. He said where’s your husband, I’m gonna kick his ass.
His buddy said, he’s the guy right over there that used to wrestle. You don’t want any part of that.
Do you have cauliflower ear? When I see cauliflower ear I turn into a frightened turtle.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
How drunk is the wife now?

FYI if my wife was involved, your slap happy wife would get slapped right back and then some..😉

How drunk is the wife now?

FYI if my wife was involved, your slap happy wife would get slapped right back and then some..😉
Eh, I told the waitress after that to just give her lemonade without vodka and she’d never know the difference. And it was a friendly slap, and well received. Everyone was having a good time. The Iowa fan used to play football at Iowa. He was kidding too. We all had fun. Until the second half!

I’m curious what bar you were at? I’m in Naples too

Penn State's backup quarterback UTTERLY STINKS !!!

7 of 21 for a whopping 34 yards and 2 interceptions in key moments. A 1.6 yard average.

And how many false start penalties?

It would have been better to have a dodgeball player from the wrestling team out there.
I was disappointed in Clifford’s body language and lack of engagement after his injury. Beyond disappointed. I’d never hire him for any job. Sorry. I kept looking for something to change my mind. Never saw a thing.

Eh, I told the waitress after that to just give her lemonade without vodka and she’d never know the difference. And it was a friendly slap, and well received. Everyone was having a good time. The Iowa fan used to play football at Iowa. He was kidding too. We all had fun. Until the second half!
Glad you had a good time with an Iowa fan. Did you happen to get his name? I had to stay home with my sick kiddo. My Iowa State Cyclone neighbor gladly took my tickets without hesitation. She owes me one! Wish I would have been there but such is life. Definitely more important things in life than sports.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I was disappointed in Clifford’s body language and lack of engagement after his injury. Beyond disappointed. I’d never hire him for any job. Sorry. I kept looking for something to change my mind. Never saw a thing.
:rolleyes:

Reactions: Reslo
Glad you had a good time with an Iowa fan. Did you happen to get his name? I had to stay home with my sick kiddo. My Iowa State Cyclone neighbor gladly took my tickets without hesitation. She owes me one! Wish I would have been there but such is life. Definitely more important things in life than sports.
Yeah, he told me his name but that passed right trough my brain. He was being kind to me. He had arms as big as my thighs. Hope your kid feels better soon. I'm fortunately beyond those parenting years. I'm into the fixing the leaky faucet years now.

The sideline reporter for the game stated precisely the opposite of this. “Clifford has demonstrated terrific leadership, he’s been in Roberson’s ear the entire second half”.

As far as body language is concerned, his broken ribs keeping him from playing in the biggest game of his career could play a factor, not to mention the physical pain associated with literally every breath.

The sideline reporter for the game stated precisely the opposite of this. “Clifford has demonstrated terrific leadership, he’s been in Roberson’s ear the entire second half”.

As far as body language is concerned, his broken ribs keeping him from playing in the biggest game of his career could play a factor, not to mention the physical pain associated with literally every breath.
The announcers also said the Iowa fans were great. The cameramen sure had a hard time catching Clifford anywhere near Roberson. They had about 2 hours to catch that shot.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
How were the Iowa fans great? I will give you they were loud…loudly booing every time a PSU player got injured. Even Maryland and Rutgers don’t boo injured players. That is trash behavior.

The Iowa fans were garbage, we agree there. Klatt’s effusive praising of their childish behavior was ignorant but not at all surprising.
Klatt implied that our injuries were fake, and he specifically mentioned PJ's injury. You know, the fake one that took him out of the game after 5 plays.

Klatt implied that our injuries were fake, and he specifically mentioned PJ's injury. You know, the fake one that took him out of the game after 5 plays.
What about the several injuries Penn State had after big plays from Iowa where the defenders came back in after a play or 2? Momentum killers. Michigan State used to do that religiously. Maybe it was just a coincidence or poor timing but that's why Klatt mentioned it and some Iowa fans booed. Not surprised that gone blown out of proportion. Fully expected

What about the several injuries Penn State had after big plays from Iowa where the defenders came back in after a play or 2? Momentum killers. Michigan State used to do that religiously. Maybe it was just a coincidence or poor timing but that's why Klatt mentioned it and some Iowa fans booed. Not surprised that gone blown out of proportion. Fully expected
Some fans? Be serious- it was the whole stadium! PSU lost five starters to injuries. Of course some got dinged up and came back in- that doesn’t mean they were faking. Last I checked, even your wrestling Hawks take injury timeouts.

You're on fire lately with your posts Turk! These stupid PSU fans here act as if Iowa fans are always throwing out accusations without them having any proof. We never ever see that. I mean if it was happening, we'd constantly be hearing them accuse Cael and PSU bribing kids and their parents of taking payoffs since Cael gets so many high end recruits. Is that happening? Certainly not. You'd also hear them accusing opposing teams wrestlers of steroid use because they are better than everyone else or even when they move up a weight classs. Hell, we never see that...

PSU fans are just angry at the results last night and taking it out on Iowa fans. What they saw as booing (essentially calling out fake injuries) was really them displaying their anger that the referees werent asking Hawk players to be more gentle while playing the game. Everyone outside of Pennsylvania knows that...

Reactions: SRATH
Did Michigan State also sneakily get a player to hold their kickoffs by everyone blowing off the ball to knock it over? It’s such a huge advantage to put your gunner on the ground at kickoff after all…

That is pure Iowa nonsense. The only guy who came back in fairly quickly was Brisker, who has been knocked out of games many times this year with stingers in the shoulder. 13, KLS came back after a long absence. Cliff, PJ, Lovett, Sutherland and Ford never returned. PJ was done on play 5. Not exactly sure on Sutherland......the other guys are on offense.

Regardless, booing an injured player is only for complete F'ing a-holes.

The booing was very noticeable on TV. This wasn't "some" fans.

It's harder than ever to keep a good backup quarterback. But as Penn State's meltdown at Iowa showed, it's just as necessary. [The same lesson might apply to wrestling weights]​

Maybe if Franklin actually gave backups some quality time PSU would avoid some transfers and have them prepared when injuries occur. Unfortunately, JF rarely gets them in until there is a series or two remaining…even then, with NO regulars in the game to help with becoming familiar with real game scenarios.

Maybe if Franklin actually gave backups some quality time PSU would avoid some transfers and have them prepared when injuries occur. Unfortunately, JF rarely gets them in until there is a series or two remaining…even then, with NO regulars in the game to help with becoming familiar with real game scenarios.
LOL. Yeah, our backup QB would've stuck around to sit behind Clifford, instead of grad transferring to start at Kentucky, if only Franklin had gotten him a few more snaps last year.

Back-up qb played like crap. You blew a 14 point lead. Many other back-ups last night did fine. You need to do play better.

The announcers also said the Iowa fans were great. The cameramen sure had a hard time catching Clifford anywhere near Roberson. They had about 2 hours to catch that shot.
Raise your hand if you would rather the cameras focus on the sideline minutiae rather than the actual game.

Bueller?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT