ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State at Penn State next season

Thenightking

Sep 7, 2019
PA
Flow has Iowa State home and away schedule for next season , It shows ISU will wrestle at PSU.

My money is on RBY, but the last time they went at it wasn't a good look for RBY. He was trying to run away and couldn't avoid the fall. Will be yet another measuring stick to how much he has improved.

I didn't take it as calling him out, but maybe I don't know the official meaning of run it. To me it meant more of, let's scrap.

My bad - I meant in a fun way. Kind of like "See you then" or "Let's go!" not haha I pinned you before. He's hyped for a rematch.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
My bad - I meant in a fun way. Kind of like "See you then" or "Let's go!" not haha I pinned you before. He's hyped for a rematch.
OK, then we agree.

Calling someone out seems to be more of a negative connotation, so that's why I disagreed, but I am not up on how these kids talk nowadays, LOL!

Reactions: tikk10
Reactions: danoftw
My money is on RBY, but the last time they went at it wasn't a good look for RBY. He was trying to run away and couldn't avoid the fall. Will be yet another measuring stick to how much he has improved.

huh?

Gomez has had some of the same issues Berge is facing. Great young man who I really want to get a return to the mat in good health. Most Cyclone fans will be happy if he is just able to come back and compete like himself. Head injuries are serious business as all of you know.

Gomez has had some of the same issues Berge is facing. Great young man who I really want to get a return to the mat in good health. Most Cyclone fans will be happy if he is just able to come back and compete like himself. Head injuries are serious business as all of you know.

I didn't realize he had head injuries. History please and I hope along with you that he can come back 100% healthy.

Gomez wrestles a very exciting style and is very dangerous to even the best guys because of his upper body stuff. He isn't nearly as consistent as RBY and like everyone else on the planet lacks his quickness. I would favor RBY to win 4 times out of 5 and by a fairly solid margin. I love Gomez and there is no shame in not being at the level of RBY or the other top 5 or 6 guys. Gomez is probably fighting for that lower podium spot even with a good tournament.

Semantics, but it was 8-3 when he got headlocked. 8-5 at the time of the fall.

Running away was too harsh, made it seem like I was saying he ran once he had the lead. Gomez kept trying upper body and RBY kept putting his hands on the mat. Then in the final flurry RBY was running backwards to avoid the throw and was still tossed and somehow Gomez was able to hold him and flip him over again even though it looked as though he barely had him.

Everyone there, including RBY knew Gomez's style and what he was going to attempt. That's why I said I pick RBY this time, as he's learned much from that I bet.

I want to salute you. Very informed poster, and Iowa State alum as I recall.

Iowa State will prbly be as good next year as they've been since like 2011 or before that.
Of course David Carr and Ian Parker, along with Gomez if healthy and on weight.
Degen had a tough year but still would prbly be favored over whomever at '49
Mackall would also be favored at 125.
Gremmell and Nevills a close natchup prbly

Its silly saying this in April but still

Iowa State will prbly be as good next year as they've been since like 2011 or before that.
Of course David Carr and Ian Parker, along with Gomez if healthy and on weight.
Degen had a tough year but still would prbly be favored over whomever at '49
Mackall would also be favored at 125.
Gremmell and Nevills a close natchup prbly

Its silly saying this in April but still

Not sure Nevills will be our starter or if it will be Kerkvliet.
If it is Nevills, keep in mind he was battling injuries most of this season.

Exactly actually, the only differences being the match time of the move, and 4 years difference experience.

ADVERTISEMENT