ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa-Southern Canada (aka LutefiskLand) - what a great dual!

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
That dual had everything - trash talking, Evans asking the UM crowd to make some noise, Brands going nuts about the RT clock, controversial ref decisions, surprise pins, and a woozy Dylan Ness somehow conjuring magic in the last 30 seconds.

I did feel sorry for Ethan Lizak about 2 minutes in - that was a public bloodletting.

It is amusing to read Gopher boards railing about refs after they spent the last week crying about Byers calling out refs. It all depends on whose Ox is being gored fellas.

I don't feel sorry for any wrestler (as far as being on the mat goes, barring some obvious exceptions). Lizak clearly wanted nothing to do with last night. Gilman rocked him

I don't understand what J was thinking bringing Lizak off of redshirt. He's obviously not ready yet and based on his 2 matches so far his projected points at NCAA are zero because he won't even qualify.

Originally posted by NoVa Lion:
I don't understand what J was thinking bringing Lizak off of redshirt. He's obviously not ready yet and based on his 2 matches so far his projected points at NCAA are zero because he won't even qualify.
According to reports, the other two guys for Minny at 125 are both injured. Rumor has it that the normal starter (Brancale) is out for the season with a shoulder injury, and the normal backup (Bremer) has a back injury that will keep him out for some time. So JRob had to pull the redshirt off Lizak.

Lizak placed at Midlands.

I've got a pretty good hunch what Robinson was thinking: last year their 125 DNQ for nationals and they finished 2nd. Ness, Schiller, Storley, and the Dardanes bros are all seniors. It's now or never.

Originally posted by El-Jefe:
Lizak placed at Midlands.

I've got a pretty good hunch what Robinson was thinking: last year their 125 DNQ for nationals and they finished 2nd. Ness, Schiller, Storley, and the Dardanes bros are all seniors. It's now or never.
Who did Lizak beat at Midlands? Did he beat the starter at any D1 schools in doing so?

...at Midlands, Lizak...

...beat Huff, Adams State, 3-1...
...beat McGhee, Mizzou, 3-2, TB...
...lost to Gillman, 4-11...

...beat Assad, Purdue, 6-2
...lost to Mines, Edinboro, 1-5
...beat D. White, Binghamton, 15-4, to place 7th...

...ended up 4W 2L...

It doesn't matter who he beat at Midlands. Placing by itself is enough justification if you're in desperation mode.

Originally posted by NoVa Lion:
Barnacle hasnt been able to make weight basically it was that or a forfeit.

ADVERTISEMENT