ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa reacts to Brooks and recruiting

Is Brooks regarded as the top p4p recruit in this class?
Probably not quite.

In 2018 it's clearly Steveson.

In 2019 it's probably either McHenry or Schultz.

But Brooks is in the discussion for 2019, and in 2018 he'd be in the discussion of best after Steveson. And who knows, he could end up with the best college career.

Having spent the majority of my night in the hospital, with my first ever kidney stone grinding its way between kidney and bladder, I needed this laugh.
Good, God! Is it as miserable as everyone says that it is? I live in fear of that, as well as a root canal, both of which I've never had.

Reactions: a_mshaffer
I remember when Sanderson initially went to PSU and announced that he'll have a easier time recruiting talent out east versus Iowa. Iowans, of course, never forgot that, forgave him, and still insist that we have better talent in our state, versus the entire east coast!

Reactions: bluehogan
Good, God! Is it as miserable as everyone says that it is? I live in fear of that, as well as a root canal, both of which I've never had.
Absolutely the worst pain I have ever had.

Just to be clear, the only reason I mentioned this: if anyone sees a guy writhing around on the floor in the stands tonight, DO NOT even think about letting them take me to the hospital. The stone will pass, but this dual is only going to happen once.

What's the backstory on bbwrestler?
I’m not certain but he seems to have everyone over there believing he’s an “insider” with close relationships with the wrestlers and the coaching staff. They all seem to think it’s fact but I’ve had my doubts ever since his posts started popping up there. There have been quite a few “wait....that doesn’t seem right” moments from him. Times where things were said that didnt quite jive. Once someone made a comment that Spencer Lee might eventually move over to Freestyle and not finish out his entire 4 years at Iowa and he immediately jumped in and said that Spencer told him Folkstyle is his favorite form. We all know that’s not true since Spencer has said many many times he prefers Freestyle over folk. So I’m not quite sure what to make of bb..

I remember when Sanderson initially went to PSU and announced that he'll have a easier time recruiting talent out east versus Iowa. Iowans, of course, never forgot that, forgave him, and still insist that we have better talent in our state, versus the entire east coast!
There isn't one person in iowa that thinks that iowa produces more top end talent than PA or OH. But sweet post!

Just to be clear, the only reason I mentioned this: if anyone sees a guy writhing around on the floor in the stands tonight, DO NOT even think about letting them take me to the hospital. The stone will pass, but this dual is only going to happen once.
Just so you know...telling this forum reaches way less than 1% of the folks that will be there tonight. Just sayin'.

Interested in a public address announcement? :);)

Having spent the majority of my night in the hospital, with my first ever kidney stone grinding its way between kidney and bladder, I needed this laugh.

I have had two kidney stones. Both times an all day visit in the hospital. The last one was right before the 2014 NCAA semifinals. The night before I remember we ate Chinese take out and I had the last can of soda at our house. I remember I was teasing my kids about it too. Well karma struck me real hard the following morning. Wife rushed me to hospital. It took hours before I was finally in a hospital room, seen the doctor, and then got pain medication. It was so bad I remember just screaming where the **** is the doctor. Had the wife go out multiple times to try and speed up the process. And the worst part was this hospital would not give me morphine!! I forget what they gave me but it was not nearly as effective as the morphine I received for my first kidney stone years earlier at a different hospital. Pain is indescribable. All I know is I drink much more water now, and most importantly every single night I drink at minimum 16 ounces of water right before bed.

Probably not quite.

In 2018 it's clearly Steveson.

In 2019 it's probably either McHenry or Schultz.

But Brooks is in the discussion for 2019, and in 2018 he'd be in the discussion of best after Steveson. And who knows, he could end up with the best college career.

The latest Flo PFP rankings I saw for current (2018) high school wrestlers had Brooks at #13, just behind Beard (#11) and Nevills (#12). Steveson #1.

Just so you know...telling this forum reaches way less than 1% of the folks that will be there tonight. Just sayin'.

Interested in a public address announcement? :);)
Yes! I'm sitting with Nova. I know you know where that is. If you see a commotion up there, I expect you to hop on the PA to let everyone know to just let me alone. This was not unexpected and I'll be fine. My father-in-law will be just a few rows behind me, so I'll let him know, so between him and Nova, they can be my physical defense.

There isn't one person in iowa that thinks that iowa produces more top end talent than PA or OH. But sweet post!
False. If there's a way that you can go back to the archives on themat.com you'll see that one of the two of us is correct and I suspect that it's me. Plus, I live in Iowa, so I heard it firsthand.

Actually, come to think of it, I'll bet you could search the archives of HR and find the comments. I say that confidently without ever reading those comments on that forum.

Thanks for the confidence. :eek:

Brands will be on the hot seat very soon....The Iowa guys i talked to want rid of him !!!! A lot of guys end up hating the sport after 2 years wrestling for him these days..Not all but a lot of very highly ranked guys coming out of High School....

Brands will be on the hot seat very soon....The Iowa guys i talked to want rid of him !!!! A lot of guys end up hating the sport after 2 years wrestling for him these days..Not all but a lot of very highly ranked guys coming out of High School....

Fake news. Generally not argumentative, but this is just factually incorrect propaganda.

Yes. Your experience may vary ... but we caught mine while it was still small enough to just flush it out by drinking extra water -- too small to bother with impaction. And it felt like I was being stabbed in the side with an icepick.

I couldn't sit, stand, lay down, curl up, stretch out, breathe, or blink. Other than that, it hurt like hell.

If you get one, it's a trip to the emergency room, and you'll really hope nobody got shot ahead of you.

If anyone sees someone writhing around on the floor, it might be Zain's opponent getting warmed up.

PS, love the attitude!

Reactions: Dogwelder
great first post! You will fit right in!

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Yes. Your experience may vary ... but we caught mine while it was still small enough to just flush it out by drinking extra water -- too small to bother with impaction. And it felt like I was being stabbed in the side with an icepick.

I couldn't sit, stand, lay down, curl up, stretch out, breathe, or blink. Other than that, it hurt like hell.

If you get one, it's a trip to the emergency room, and you'll really hope nobody got shot ahead of you.
Now you've made it official: I'm opting for the R. Budd Dwyer option if I ever get one!

Sorry, but I thought you PA folks could "appreciate" (I use that term loosely) that one.

I have had two kidney stones. Both times an all day visit in the hospital. The last one was right before the 2014 NCAA semifinals. The night before I remember we ate Chinese take out and I had the last can of soda at our house. I remember I was teasing my kids about it too. Well karma struck me real hard the following morning. Wife rushed me to hospital. It took hours before I was finally in a hospital room, seen the doctor, and then got pain medication. It was so bad I remember just screaming where the **** is the doctor. Had the wife go out multiple times to try and speed up the process. And the worst part was this hospital would not give me morphine!! I forget what they gave me but it was not nearly as effective as the morphine I received for my first kidney stone years earlier at a different hospital. Pain is indescribable. All I know is I drink much more water now, and most importantly every single night I drink at minimum 16 ounces of water right before bed.
I appreciate the fact that you punk the kids. I do it as well in my house. Lol

Reactions: James Toney
I’ve had a kidney stone and it’s quite painful but to me nothing compares to the pain of a scratched cornea. It happened to me twice. The first time I went to the er and they put a drop in my eye and the pain was gone immediately. Went home and slept a few hours and I was fine. The second time it happened I went to the er, got the drop went home and did some chores. When the drop wore off the pain came back. I went to the er and they told me they couldn’t give me another drop for some reason. I’m telling you I was begging for them to please give me another one to no avail. After I went home the pain was unbearable. I had my wife drive me to another hospital so I could get a drop. Lol.

Reactions: Ja1339
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT