ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa @ Ohio State PBP, Results and Discussion Thread

RoarLions1

May 11, 2012
Posting early, as we'll be departing first thing tomorrow for College Park. PBP may be asking too much, though if RESULTS, at least, could be posted here, myself and others would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance!!

Great questions to ponder.
1. Is Iowa pale or tOSU dark or is it just the lighting?
2. Can anyone guess by what margin PD3 would have beaten MM? Is this no show by PD3 considered further proof of his dominance in the eyes of PD2?
3. If Brands throws a punch at Ryan will Ryan duck?
4. Does Iowa win 3 matches or 4?
5. Will anybody go ahead and bring the hips to the party while keeping the shoe laces up and the field of vision low?
6. Will Terry wear the green sweater?
7. Will Stoll try and push into Snyder? How is Sam's rehab going?
8. Will the 3" binder be present, and does it have its own twitter account yet?
9. Will Iowa have a blast getting blasted?
10. last but not least- will the pin chain potentially have an exhibition match against the 3" binder in the battle of inanimate objects responsible for catching PSU?

Looking forward to this match tomorrow, lot's of intriguing matches. Admirable of Seth Gross moving up to wrestle Meredith, but he blew any slim chance he had at the Hodge.

Looking forward to this match tomorrow, lot's of intriguing matches. Admirable of Seth Gross moving up to wrestle Meredith, but he blew any slim chance he had at the Hodge.

GB - I agree, in consideration of the Hodge, Gross may have hindered his his already narrow odds by taking the risk. If he had won, remained undefeated and won a NC, and Meredith goes on to win a NC, what about his Hodge chances then? IMO, the risk/reward for Gross was worth the shot.

Hats off to both wrestlers and coaches for allowing it to happen.

Reactions: Dogwelder
2. Can anyone guess by what margin PD3 would have beaten MM? Is this no show by PD3 considered further proof of his dominance in the eyes of PD2?
5. Will anybody go ahead and bring the hips to the party while keeping the shoe laces up and the field of vision low?
10. last but not least- will the pin chain potentially have an exhibition match against the 3" binder in the battle of inanimate objects responsible for catching PSU?

11. If Ryan has Nato duck Spencer, will Nato lose his number 1 ranking?

Reactions: diggerpup

That is EXACTLY why what he did was so fantastic. He didn't give a s*** about any trophy, his undefeated season, etc. He laid it ALL on the line because of the challenge. He craved the competition. Is there any purer love of the sport?

As I said before, he is the anti- Tom Ryan.

That is EXACTLY why what he did was so fantastic. He didn't give a s*** about any trophy, his undefeated season, etc. He laid it ALL on the line because of the challenge. He craved the competition. Is there any purer love of the sport?

And, I can't get over how SDSU was willing to put a victory in jeopardy as well by having him move up. Granted, SDSU won, but it was risky.

Much of HR is suggesting that a healthy Stoll sit out to "avoid injury".

Not very Seth Gross of them, is it?
Not to protect Sam's seed, but to protect his health. Shyt, I can't believe there isn't a movement afoot to make it illegal for Sorenson to take the mat against Zain.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Excellent post!

12. Does the pin chain remain in hiding, or does Tan Tom finally replace it with a 7 pt decision chain?

Reactions: diggerpup
Brutus is a doofus, white isn't even one of their colors!!

It actually is one of our colors.
On the official university web page, it outlines the 4 colors. Scarlet and gray and the primary colors. Black and white are also official school colors.
https://brand.osu.edu/color/
Personally, I dont like it, as all my tOSU gear is either scarlet or gray. I have one single tOSU football t-shirt that is white. Will have to wear that tomorrow.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Does anyone not think that Iowa gets spanked tomorrow?

As big of a lee fan as I am I think Nato wins and it just gets ugly, uglier and down right fugly from there.

Edit: 7-3 in matches and I wouldnt be shocked to see tOSU to score 30 dual points.

Reactions: nitlion6
Agree that Gross is now out of the running. But, realistically, he was pretty much out of the running before. Had he beaten Meredith, he would have made his case considerably stronger.

Reactions: D3wrestler

Exactly. I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of his every day.

Gross would look great in Blue & White ...

It actually is one of our colors.
On the official university web page, it outlines the 4 colors. Scarlet and gray and the primary colors. Black and white are also official school colors.
https://brand.osu.edu/color/
Personally, I dont like it, as all my tOSU gear is either scarlet or gray. I have one single tOSU football t-shirt that is white. Will have to wear that tomorrow.

Peer pressure is a heck of a thing.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Does anyone not think that Iowa gets spanked tomorrow?

As big of a lee fan as I am I think Nato wins and it just gets ugly, uglier and down right fugly from there.

Edit: 7-3 in matches and I wouldnt be shocked to see tOSU to score 30 dual points.
Consume large quantities of vodka and you can see Iowa has a realistic shot at winning this match. Possibly in dominating realistic fashion. If you consume vodka in a large enough quanity.

Not to protect Sam's seed, but to protect his health. Shyt, I can't believe there isn't a movement afoot to make it illegal for Sorenson to take the mat against Zain.

The reason that I and a number of other hawks want to see big Sam held out against Snyder has nothing to do with him losing. If you know Stolls history, 2 years ago he tore his ACL late in the season against Gwiz in the national duals (freshman year). Last year it was against Okie States heavy. He hasn't even competed at NCAAs because he tore his ACL twice, late in the season. I would just like him to make it to the post season. Snyder's style makes reinjury so possible. Doubt forfeiting this match will make a difference in the outcome of this dual.

Never thought the Vikings would win last Sunday either with 0.10 sec. left.
Not enough prayers for Hawks to win Sunday.
Maybe lose to Michigan but is at Carver.
Then we get to come to your place and
entertain 15,000 plus.

Reactions: lionlover
The reason that I and a number of other hawks want to see big Sam held out against Snyder has nothing to do with him losing. If you know Stolls history, 2 years ago he tore his cal late in the season against Gwiz in the national duals (freshman year). Last year it was against Okie States heavy. He hasn't even competed at NCAAs because he tore his cal twice, late in the season. I would just like him to make it to the post season. Snyder's style makes reinjury so possible. Doubt forfeiting this match will make a difference in the outcome of this dual.
I know Sam's injury history and I have read the thread. I don't think you guys want to protect his record. I understand your thought process about injuries.
Here is what I don't get. Right now Sam is the 3rd man in line behind Snyder and Coon and you guys think instead of taking his shot he should bypass because he might get hurt. Hell, with that line of thinking he should only take the mat when duals are still in doubt. Injuries happen all the time and against any level of competition.

All I get from that line of thinking is you guys really don't get Brands nor an athlete like Stoll. I can't see Brands ever thinking a legitimate threat should not take an earned cut at the king and I while I do not personally know Stoll I do know the only way Stoll doesn't take the mat is if you guys kidnap him and keep him under lock and key miles removed from campus.

Well by hwt I'm sure match is out of reach.
Know Brands would not like to do this but really just do it to p&&s of Ryan.

I know Sam's injury history and I have read the thread. I don't think you guys want to protect his record. I understand your thought process about injuries.
Here is what I don't get. Right now Sam is the 3rd man in line behind Snyder and Coon and you guys think instead of taking his shot he should bypass because he might get hurt. Hell, with that line of thinking he should only take the mat when duals are still in doubt. Injuries happen all the time and against any level of competition.

All I get from that line of thinking is you guys really don't get Brands nor an athlete like Stoll. I can't see Brands ever thinking a legitimate threat should not take an earned cut at the king and I while I do not personally know Stoll I do know the only way Stoll doesn't take the mat is if you guys kidnap him and keep him under lock and key miles removed from campus.

Now that's a great idea! Just might have to try that! Btw I do know Brands way of thinking and I would be shocked if he held him out (but happy)

The reason that I and a number of other hawks want to see big Sam held out against Snyder has nothing to do with him losing. If you know Stolls history, 2 years ago he tore his ACL late in the season against Gwiz in the national duals (freshman year). Last year it was against Okie States heavy. He hasn't even competed at NCAAs because he tore his ACL twice, late in the season. I would just like him to make it to the post season. Snyder's style makes reinjury so possible. Doubt forfeiting this match will make a difference in the outcome of this dual.

I could not disagree more with this philosophy. Stoll could get injured at ANY TIME. In practice, wherever. If he is truly healthy now, send him out there. Wrestle the best, you might learn something or actually improve by wrestling a Kyle Snyder. This is the sport. Don't P****y out.

WWSGD? That's what would Seth Gross do?

Now that's a great idea! Just might have to try that! Btw I do know Brands way of thinking and I would be shocked if he held him out (but happy)
Just an additional thought on his injuries.
The first one in the Coaches' dual against NCST and Gwiz, if memory serves (not a guarantee) it was somewhat a little freakish twist when Gwiz was taking a single to the mat.

Last year Stoll never looked like he had a real sturdy and healthy knee and did he not reinjure it while hopping on his bad leg?

He looks healthy, mean and determined this year. Enjoy the matchup and the match.

Reactions: Jda24
Just an additional thought on his injuries.
The first one in the Coaches' dual against NCST and Gwiz, if memory serves (not a guarantee) it was somewhat a little freakish twist when Gwiz was taking a single to the mat.

Last year Stoll never looked like he had a real sturdy and healthy knee and did he not reinjure it while hopping on his bad leg?

He looks healthy, mean and determined this year. Enjoy the matchup and the match.

I saw the first injury but was listening on the radio for the second and I believe it was on fighting off a single leg like the first one. Maybe Sammy could go upper body with Snyder and throw him to his back early in the match? One can always hope for a miracle!

12. Does the pin chain remain in hiding, or does Tan Tom finally replace it with a 7 pt decision chain?

13. Does Moore pick it up a notch and begin to separate from the pack at 197 or does Wilcke keep it interesting?

I agree that as competitive as most of these guys are, Stoll won't back down a bit so will wrestle. Also, maybe I'm just thinking as a fan, but if I'm Stoll, 10, 20, or 30 years from now I want to be able to say I wrestled Kyle Snyder (and hopefully say I held it to a decision....;)). Who knows if the opportunity will come later or not?

Reactions: kevin310
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT