ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa. Hardly a 'shit' team as some Hawks claim we said...

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
Rather, the stats bear out the disparities between the two teams. They don’t lie.

That said, Ferentz devised one h@ll of a game plan. Kept everything in front of him. Make Barkley win it. Turn PSU into the proverbial ‘one trick pony’. It is the complete inverse of “you gotta contain Barkely” schema.

The kids played their hearts out. Both sides. My only beef is against Joe Moorhead not getting the plays in quickly enough. It cost us a time out, a delay of game penalty and disrupted the kids rhythm on a critical third down play. I wanted to take my size 12 and stick it right up his arse! We should’ve scored a TD in the first half had he had his $hit together. And judging by Franklin’s demeanor on the sidelines he felt much the same.

I’m to understand Iowa’s DE is a frosh? The one who is 6’7”, batted the ball down a few times and disrupted Trace off the edge. That kid has a future!

All told, our offense played poorly. We had field position but failed to convert. Whenever the field gets short our offense folds like a cheap suit. That must be remedied because that ‘dog won’t hunt’ against the best teams in the B1G East.

Lastly, Iowa is one dimensional. Not much of a passing threat. So how pray tell did it stay so close?!

Indiana, Indiana, Indiana. Take it one game at a time. IU is no pushover.

Out!

Rather, the stats bear out the disparities between the two teams. They don’t lie.

That said, Ferentz devised one h@ll of a game plan. Kept everything in front of him. Make Barkley win it. Turn PSU into the proverbial ‘one trick pony’. It is the complete inverse of “you gotta contain Barkely” schema.

The kids played their hearts out. Both sides. My only beef is against Joe Moorhead not getting the plays in quickly enough. It cost us a time out, a delay of game penalty and disrupted the kids rhythm on a critical third down play. I wanted to take my size 12 and stick it right up his arse! We should’ve scored a TD in the first half had he had his $hit together. And judging by Franklin’s demeanor on the sidelines he felt much the same.

I’m to understand Iowa’s DE is a frosh? The one who is 6’7”, batted the ball down a few times and disrupted Trace off the edge. That kid has a future!

All told, our offense played poorly. We had field position but failed to convert. Whenever the field gets short our offense folds like a cheap suit. That must be remedied because that ‘dog won’t hunt’ against the best teams in the B1G East.

Lastly, Iowa is one dimensional. Not much of a passing threat. So how pray tell did it stay so close?!

Out!

The 6'7 guy blocking passes is sophomore Anthony Nelson. The true freshman they were talking about was AJ Epenesa. He's the guy that forced McSorely's fumble. The future of Iowa's DL looks bright.

The 6'7 guy blocking passes is sophomore Anthony Nelson. The true freshman they were talking about was AJ Epenesa. He's the guy that forced McSorely's fumble. The future of Iowa's DL looks bright.
You guys have some good, young DLs indeed!

You guys have some good, young DLs indeed!

They were almost enough tonight, but not quite. Will miss Jewell when he's gone, but hopefully he'll continue his great play the rest of this season. Barkley can go pro asap, as far as I'm concerned.

Kudos to Iowa. I was feeling pretty sure that our talent was more than enough to win handily. I was wrong. It's odd watching a game that feels like it's in control, and then find they have to drive late to squeak out a win. I mean Iowa had 3 plays all night on offense, and their defense bent hard all night but didn't break until the clock literally hit 0:00. Credit to Coach Ferentz and his staff. Weird game.

Reactions: djr4rebs
They were almost enough tonight, but not quite. Will miss Jewell when he's gone, but hopefully he'll continue his great play the rest of this season. Barkley can go pro asap, as far as I'm concerned.

Barkley will be gone to NFL this spring unless something bad happens to him. you also will not have to see Gesicki as he is a senior. possibly wont see McSorley as he is a graduating senior but does have another year if he wants it.

Barkley will be gone to NFL this spring unless something bad happens to him. you also will not have to see Gesicki as he is a senior. possibly wont see McSorley as he is a graduating senior but does have another year if he wants it.

Looks like the match-up is back on for awhile now .It appears Iowa and PSU will play every year through at least 2021.

Strange game...when you have 579 yards of offense compared to 273 and a two to one advantage in TOP...how does a team only score 21 and need a play with no time on the clock to win? You won’t see many games like this. Let’s hope Chaz Wright comes back ASAP, and this team has to finish drives, two field goals from inside the 3...really!?!?

It wasn’t Moorhead’s play calling, it was the execution or lack of on some plays. A huge example is Jewell’s interception. Nelson got beat and Trace got hit as he threw. Gesicki was wide open and would have scored a TD there. Trace also held onto the ball a little too long in some instances.

Out!

Not much of a passing threat? I think Stanley is in the top ten of TD passes in cfb

Kudos to Iowa. I was feeling pretty sure that our talent was more than enough to win handily. I was wrong. It's odd watching a game that feels like it's in control, and then find they have to drive late to squeak out a win. I mean Iowa had 3 plays all night on offense, and their defense bent hard all night but didn't break until the clock literally hit 0:00. Credit to Coach Ferentz and his staff. Weird game.
It was one of those games that was weird, but they happen: If there were no score on the screen for the entire broadcast, you'd swear one team was up 30 by the eye test.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Stanley is a statue, but he'll do well for the Hawkeyes if they can find another WR or two.

ADVERTISEMENT