ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fans....

Nashville Lion

Sep 25, 2005
I went over to their board...did not post though. Their fans were talking about how classless McSorley was....what a freaking joke. They are upset about him punting the ball. really?? It is not like he took a dump on the Hawkeye logo. Their players mocked him in the first half after a sack with the whole "home run" celebration. Then of course 90% of their fans had to bring up the scandal. Dear Lord...some of them need to get a life.

yeah, I don't like it either...but that was just raw emotion. and I don't think it shows disrespect. I think it shows relief and exhaustion.

I went over to their board...did not post though. Their fans were talking about how classless McSorley was....what a freaking joke. They are upset about him punting the ball. really?? It is not like he took a dump on the Hawkeye logo. Their players mocked him in the first half after a sack with the whole "home run" celebration. Then of course 90% of their fans had to bring up the scandal. Dear Lord...some of them need to get a life.
I bet they won't say a peep about Jewell mocking Trace though. Fans are homers and they are butt hurt after a tough loss. McSorely gave Iowa their due post game but every fan base has dipstick homers like Bushwood for PSU.

Reactions: fairgambit
I really don't understand how anybody can claim that the punt was disrespecting Iowa. I just don't even understand the logic. He didn't try to plant the PSU flag at the 50 yard line. He didn't grab an Iowa cheerleader's megaphone and punt it. He punted the football after the final snap. Again, I think you have to work really hard to find offense with that. But as we saw last week with time out gate, I'm sure that clown Francesa or whatever his name is already has his rant ready to go for Monday.

I wasn't happy about the punt, but it was a minimal thing. Trace was very complimentary of Iowa in his post-game interview.

Can't say it bothered me much but Ben Jones said Trace apologized for the punt after the game FYI.

I see the punt in the same vein as tossing a basketball high in the air after a big win. No one ever says anything about that in basketball.

I went over to the Iowa board as well. I said before the game their fans were the worst in the conference. Nothing I read there changed my mind.

Not like he spit on their logo like Chubb from NCSt after they beat F$U. Seriously? Punting the ball? Sounds like someone is upset their team lost on the last play!?

I went over to the Iowa board as well. I said before the game their fans were the worst in the conference. Nothing I read there changed my mind.
Agreed. Not even worth your time. Low rent trashbags. Franklin was effusive with his praise of Iowa and those losers call him trash. And ferentz acted like the loser with his curt handshake. Lost a lot of respect for him.

Iowa fans quickly forget their kicker doing that 20 ft slide, after their game winning FG in 08.

actually kind of upset with Trace

.....for not planting the PSU flag at midfield.

Trace carries himself with class on and off the field. I see that punt as a reflection of having just come out the most hard-fought battle he's ever been in

Completely agree. I believe it was a release of stress and relief, not disrespect. But i also understand how it could be interpreted as such. Which is probably why he felt the need to aplogize.

Iowa posters need to drop the scandal...it just doesn't do any good if the goal is to have a meaningful discussion about football imho.

Me personally, I'm over it from a "let's talk football" aspect.

Both fan bases just need to chill and stop the he said she said shit, and imho just admire the spectacular football game we just saw. This isn't a Rodney King "can't we all get along" plea so much as I don't get trying to label tonight anything else than what it was, which is a great friggin' football game.

As an Iowa fan I feel the post game punt by Trace was a non event. As for the handshake by Ferentz he does that after every game win or lose. I'm not sure why he's always in such a hurry to get off the field but it's always bothered me about him.
Also, good teams like you have always seem come up with ways to pull out wins like that at the end of the game. Congrats.

Iowa people are the worst. Married a girl from Iowa Her family was so envious of Penn State It was strange.

L

Just spent 3 days in and around Iowa City. Had a great time and everyone my wife and I ran into were friendly and congenial, including after the game. There is life beyond a message board.

Reactions: The Shelter
Yes, let's judge the entire character of a person by one 2-second foible.

As a Hawk fan I didn't like the punt by McSorley. Wasn't ready to stone him though. Then I heard his comments in which he twice gave Iowa credit and that's good enough for me.

But then some posters here do the same thing they are complaining about. Really, Ferentz's handshake was too curt?

In every fan base there are always some people just waiting to be offended.

Of course most Hawkeye fans are very pleasant just like most PSU
Most fans don’t go to away games so all they see is that vial crap on message boards. Leaves bad taste in mouth when you see something about Sandusky brought up in large percentage of PSU post. PSU fans are soooo tired of it.

What a bunch of whiners!

What you're witnessing is a team that has brass balls. If you don't eat it up you're missing out.

giphy.gif

Maybe they should plant "grapes" instead of corn in Iowa.

hard to make a fair judgement of someone directly after a game like that....seriously anyone on the Iowa end obviously feels totally gutted and I am sure we all remember how that feels......conversely the adrenaline and emotional high from getting a win in that fashion is really hard to contain if you are on the PSU side of the ledger

Message boards should be like snapchat immediately following games, especially one like this, but with posts disappearing after about five seconds. Fans can get their rants out of their systems without them becoming a thing. For media members, they should disappear before they even post!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT