ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fan here

I get it Rocky - we are superior to you in football and wrestling - all that you really care about. You are a little brother to us which explains why you are acting like a 10 year old. You really may not beat us for quite some time. We are loaded with talent and recruits - really loaded! Your big, slow players will get burned on a real turf again next year. What was the score last year? Like a 100 to 0. Now go back to binge drinking and hitting your wife!

You forgot to add ...... making "love" to your bestest hog (the especially
special one)!!! That's what Rocky Mtn Hawk does best!!!

Reactions: 22mike306
Congrats on the win Saturday night. One heckuva college football game. Love that Franklin has brought PSU back to the elite platform and I think that McSorley is a gamer. He was brilliant on the final drive.

Been watching/attending Iowa games since 1981. Barkley's performance was the finest I have ever seen in Kinnick Stadium -- by an opponent or a Hawkeye. I hope Barkley wins the Heisman as he seems to be a pretty solid person as well as player.

Maybe the two teams meet again in Indy, although I think Iowa's schedule will make it difficult to top Wisconsin in the B10 West. Best of luck the rest of the way. State College is, by far, my second favorite B10 town after IC.

Example of how to be congratulatory with no strings attached.

As for you guys winning the West, I have to question your team's firepower on O, but not their heart and grit. Best of luck.

Reactions: ilvpsu
So you're impressed with P St?! I'm sure as hell not!
headin%2Bass.jpg

Congrats on the win Saturday night. One heckuva college football game. Love that Franklin has brought PSU back to the elite platform and I think that McSorley is a gamer. He was brilliant on the final drive.

Been watching/attending Iowa games since 1981. Barkley's performance was the finest I have ever seen in Kinnick Stadium -- by an opponent or a Hawkeye. I hope Barkley wins the Heisman as he seems to be a pretty solid person as well as player.

Maybe the two teams meet again in Indy, although I think Iowa's schedule will make it difficult to top Wisconsin in the B10 West. Best of luck the rest of the way. State College is, by far, my second favorite B10 town after IC.

Thanks for the kind words. This is how every thread should go. Your humbleness and sportsmanship is very appreciated. And, I guarantee you...most of us PSU fans would reciprocate the same message back to you if things were reversed. To be honest, I hate the smack/hate talk...it is one thing to talk up your team in a sense of personal pride, but to be mean and ingenious for the sake of it is not tolerated by many of us on both sides. It is always the few who ruin it for the many. I hope the rest of your season goes well and, one request, please, please beat OSU on your turf when "the" overrated Buckeyes come trolling into your house later this season...thanks for the post...

Reactions: ltows5
as young as this Iowa team is I agree, but don't forget the 2008 season when Iowa had a new RB and new QB beat the then #3 PSU team in a nite game in Happy Valley then in 2009 with just RSFR RB and a true FR RB beat #5 PSU in a nite game in Kinnick also KF leads the series 8-6.

my question is Barkley coming back?
If you want to see Barkley again hope both teams make the BIG Championship Game or buy the NFL Package for next year.

If you want to see Barkley again hope both teams make the BIG Championship Game or buy the NFL Package for next year.
I honestly believe if we met Iowa again on a neutral site, it would be a far different ball game. Lots of football to be played before we can even think about it, by both teams.

I'll admit up front I'm an Agronomy grad and turf science focused major, lifetime certified golf course superintendent and golf course manager. Professionally speaking, that ridiculous excuse of a playing surface in Kinnick stadium is an embarrassment to your school and the conference in general. It is dangerous at best and certainly doesn't allow either team to show their best. What a shame. The only quality it does have is to even out the odds by frustrating superior talent through dumbing down the whole experience of a football game. Slipping and sliding along is not a reasonable way to play football. Hockey yes, football no.

Plastic grass looks bad, plays bad and is dangerous. Healthy, thick cut sod maintained professionally plays great, looks great and feels great to a football player. Beaver Stadium generally has a great surface to play the game of football. Occasionally it has a momentary problem but not inherent problems like plastic grass offers. Yes you can hold concerts, roller derby, dirt bike racing and other events on a plastic venue but football suffers in all ways. Give us real turf for real college football. It's a win, win, win situation.

Reactions: Howie'81
I was very unimpressed with P St. So where does that leave Iowa?

I doubt either team makes Indy but if I had to chose 1 to make it I guess it would be Iowa.

We'll learn more about both teams next week. If Iowa wins in EL & P St blows out Ind that might change my opinion.

Wis vs Oh St seems like it's the most likely title game. Maybe Mich or Iowa could sneak in there but doubtful.

I get OP being unimpressed since he also doesn't project Iowa in the B1G Championship ... yet. It's reasonable to need to see PSU blow out a B1G opponent to deserve our current perceived strength in the B1G, especially on offense. Statistically speaking, Iowa shouldn't have been in the game after the 2nd Qtr. Instead, they led at the half and as time ran down in the 4th.

Here's hoping the "looks test" will reveal the Iowa game was a "fluke" near-loss.

Which of the almost 600 yards in total offense did you find the most unimpressive asshat?
I'm totally late to the game here, but the guy didn't seem like he was acting like a jerk. To the contrary, he seemed pretty reasonable. Just my .02. He sure got attacked. [certainly a peril of speaking negatively in another team's board, but...his assessment wasn't unreasonable]

Execution was frequently great, all the way up until it came time to cash in the points. 600 yards is impressive (and we had a safety), but it's a head-scratcher that we needed a magical endzone play to win a low-scoring game v. a team that basically couldn't move the ball without our help. I was happy with the win, have loads of respect for Iowa's coaches and knew it'd be tough in Kinnick at night. I also spent much of the game wondering when we were going to close the door.

I'm totally late to the game here, but the guy didn't seem like he was acting like a jerk. To the contrary, he seemed pretty reasonable. Just my .02. He sure got attacked. [certainly a peril of speaking negatively in another team's board, but...his assessment wasn't unreasonable]

Execution was frequently great, all the way up until it came time to cash in the points. 600 yards is impressive (and we had a safety), but it's a head-scratcher that we needed a magical endzone play to win a low-scoring game v. a team that basically couldn't move the ball without our help. I was happy with the win, have loads of respect for Iowa's coaches and knew it'd be tough in Kinnick at night. I also spent much of the game wondering when we were going to close the door.

"So you're impressed with P St?! I'm sure as hell not!"

It's pretty clear he was trolling. I think yours and my definition of "jerk" and "reasonable" aren't the same. If you post things like that on an opponent's message board you ask for what he got. Yes, he's a jerk.

"So you're impressed with P St?! I'm sure as hell not!"

It's pretty clear he was trolling. I think yours and my definition of "jerk" and "reasonable" aren't the same. If you post things like that on an opponent's message board you ask for what he got. Yes, he's a jerk.
Fair enough. His posts continued after it was clear his opinions weren't appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT