ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fan here

DaveSnedeker

Mar 12, 2007
Congrats on the win Saturday night. One heckuva college football game. Love that Franklin has brought PSU back to the elite platform and I think that McSorley is a gamer. He was brilliant on the final drive.

Been watching/attending Iowa games since 1981. Barkley's performance was the finest I have ever seen in Kinnick Stadium -- by an opponent or a Hawkeye. I hope Barkley wins the Heisman as he seems to be a pretty solid person as well as player.

Maybe the two teams meet again in Indy, although I think Iowa's schedule will make it difficult to top Wisconsin in the B10 West. Best of luck the rest of the way. State College is, by far, my second favorite B10 town after IC.

Congrats on the win Saturday night. One heckuva college football game. Love that Franklin has brought PSU back to the elite platform and I think that McSorley is a gamer. He was brilliant on the final drive.

Been watching/attending Iowa games since 1981. Barkley's performance was the finest I have ever seen in Kinnick Stadium -- by an opponent or a Hawkeye. I hope Barkley wins the Heisman as he seems to be a pretty solid person as well as player.

Maybe the two teams meet again in Indy, although I think Iowa's schedule will make it difficult to top Wisconsin in the B10 West. Best of luck the rest of the way. State College is, by far, my second favorite B10 town after IC.
You sir are a gentleman, a rare thing in this day and age. Best wishes.

Thank you for the kind words and best of luck the rest of the season.

Saqoun had an amazing night, thanks for recognizing such. The stadiums namesake may have an argument for the greatest performance honor too but trying to compare athletes from different eras is like comparing history from different eras, useless. Everything is different. I've leave it as two amazing athletes and gentlemen both, Nile Kinnick and Saqoun Barkley.

Nice post after a frustrating game for Iowa fans. The Hawkeyes played very well and if they keep that going I expect they'll be in the conference championship game. Is Ohio state a night game at Kinnick?

Reactions: m48tank and EPC FAN
Iowa will have to reel off a nice run here the next month if the Ohio State game is to be a night game. Hawks play:

@ Michigan State
vs. Illinois
@ Northwestern
vs. Minnesota

before the OSU game. I think this weekend's game in East Lansing is the key. Win that game, and I think Iowa has a great shot at 7-1, 4-1 heading into the Ohio State game which would probably ensure at least a 330 EDT kick and perhaps a true night game.

As stated, Iowa will probably need to be perfect the rest of the conference slate if the Hawks want to get to Indy. Iowa drew a tough cross-over schedule this year -- Penn State, @Michigan State, Ohio State -- whereas Wisconsin plays Maryland, @Indiana, Michigan.

Iowa will have to reel off a nice run here the next month if the Ohio State game is to be a night game. Hawks play:

@ Michigan State
vs. Illinois
@ Northwestern
vs. Minnesota

before the OSU game. I think this weekend's game in East Lansing is the key. Win that game, and I think Iowa has a great shot at 7-1, 4-1 heading into the Ohio State game which would probably ensure at least a 330 EDT kick and perhaps a true night game.

As stated, Iowa will probably need to be perfect the rest of the conference slate if the Hawks want to get to Indy. Iowa drew a tough cross-over schedule this year -- Penn State, @Michigan State, Ohio State -- whereas Wisconsin plays Maryland, @Indiana, Michigan.
Not sure that Mich St will be that tough for you guys...

I was very unimpressed with P St. So where does that leave Iowa?

I doubt either team makes Indy but if I had to chose 1 to make it I guess it would be Iowa.

We'll learn more about both teams next week. If Iowa wins in EL & P St blows out Ind that might change my opinion.

Wis vs Oh St seems like it's the most likely title game. Maybe Mich or Iowa could sneak in there but doubtful.

I doubt either team makes Indy but if I had to chose 1 to make it I guess it would be Iowa.

We'll learn more about both teams next week. If Iowa wins in EL & P St blows out Ind that might change my opinion.

Wis vs Oh St seems like it's the most likely title game. Maybe Mich or Iowa could sneak in there but doubtful.
Now that's funny...sour grapes and all.

Which of the almost 600 yards in total offense did you find the most unimpressive asshat?

Mostly the 15 points after 59 min & 56 seconds of fball. I'm not sold on Iowa either.
Almost 600 yards on that cow pasture you call a football field...hell, the field tackled more of our guys than your defense did. I can't imagine how many yards we would have gained on a normal field. That's a true home field advantage.

Reactions: Mixolydian
As I said earlier, as an Iowa fan in Kinnick since the 1970s, Barkley is the best I have ever seen.
Greene of the 2008 Iowa team is very similar
Barkley 5-11 235 lbs
Greene 5'11 235 lbs RSJR Season ran for over 1800 yards that season.

2017 PSU would beat 2017 Iowa 9 out of 10 times. At Kinnick. Maybe 10 out of 10. You had your chance. Now scram.
as young as this Iowa team is I agree, but don't forget the 2008 season when Iowa had a new RB and new QB beat the then #3 PSU team in a nite game in Happy Valley then in 2009 with just RSFR RB and a true FR RB beat #5 PSU in a nite game in Kinnick also KF leads the series 8-6.

my question is Barkley coming back?

as young as this Iowa team is I agree, but don't forget the 2008 season when Iowa had a new RB and new QB beat the then #3 PSU team in a nite game in Happy Valley then in 2009 with just RSFR RB and a true FR RB beat #5 PSU in a nite game in Kinnick also KF leads the series 8-6.

my question is Barkley coming back?
Ahh yes, 1880. Those were the good ol' days. Seriously, what in the hell are you running your mouth about? PSU 15 and 12 all time vs. Iowa. Franklin undefeated! I know you're just trolling, but get better.

So you're impressed with P St?! I'm sure as hell not!

I have been sitting around all day wondering if Rocky Mountain Hawk was impressed with PSU. Finally I got that response. That is all I need to know. I will not waste another minute watching the Lions this year.

Reactions: Madsol
No way you posters on here think P St is a top 3 B1G team this year. No way.
You're right, not a top 3 Big team....a top Big team. PSU won the Big last year and we're better this year. Also, the other teams in the Big aren't as good as they were last year (OSU, UM, Iowa) so why wouldn't we think it?

I have been sitting around all day wondering if Rocky Mountain Hawk was impressed with PSU. Finally I got that response. That is all I need to know. I will not waste another minute watching the Lions this year.
I knew I should've posted earlier. That's on me.

I get it Rocky - we are superior to you in football and wrestling - all that you really care about. You are a little brother to us which explains why you are acting like a 10 year old. You really may not beat us for quite some time. We are loaded with talent and recruits - really loaded! Your big, slow players will get burned on a real turf again next year. What was the score last year? Like a 100 to 0. Now go back to binge drinking and hitting your wife!

Reactions: Mixolydian
I get it Rocky - we are superior to you in football and wrestling - all that you really care about. You are a little brother to us which explains why you are acting like a 10 year old. You really may not beat us for quite some time. We are loaded with talent and recruits - really loaded! Your big, slow players will get burned on a real turf again next year. What was the score last year? Like a 100 to 0. Now go back to binge drinking and hitting your wife!
Nah, I'm a bball guy. We always dominate you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT