ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa board in expected form after the game

I'm not upset at the loss. It was a great game played by both team. Someone had to loose and honestly Penn State deserved it.

You guys must have a big hole in your hearts today. We know because we have been there.

Some of your players stuck around to talk trash to our fans and your db qb punted the ball after the game was over. Real classy after a great game played by both teams.

Maybe if they weren't taking pedo and other typical crap from your "classy" fanbase all night they probably would not have given it back after the game.

Last edited:
I'm only defending this thread which is trying to lump all Iowa fans as complainers. If you read all the threads like I did it was actually one of the most complimentary post game threads that I've seen. As you can see this Iowa fan didn't call you guys names and you tell me to gfy? Sound like you're the hypocrite! Stay classy!

This is rich. You call the PSU quarterback a dbag, then play the victim card when fans on THEIR OWN message become upset with you. Pot = Kettle.

There are good and bad fans on all message boards.

Why feed them?

In 1971, Mitchell ran for 211 yards against Iowa. I have to admit I wasn't at that game and didn't attend my first college football game, until later in the season at West Lafayette.

Barkley ran for 211 on the ground last night. What a performance. A career day and he may have plenty of more opportunities, but PSU may spread the weath more, as season goes on.

Both QBs made plays and didn't at times. The more experienced QB prevailed. The first start for Nate Stanley should help his development.

What a start to the 2017 Big Ten season. Congratulations on your win at Kinnick. James Franklin's first.

Because your qb is known as a db and JJ is not. I will agree Jewell shouldn't have done it and wasn't necessary.

Kicking a football after the game has ended (likely to relieve the stress and frustration I'm sure he felt) is somehow disrespectful to your team and fan base? How so?

Really, are your fans THAT effing sensitive? Yep, butthurt comes to mind....please, just go away; whine on your own board about it if you must.

Last edited:
Because your qb is known as a db and JJ is not. I will agree Jewell shouldn't have done it and wasn't necessary.
Wrong. He's known as a tough kid and a winner. But tell josey imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
Worried about dbags and class. You guys should look in the mirror. After the verbal abuse those dbags behind our bench leveled at our players I would flip rhem off too.

In what snowflake universe is punting the freaking ball an insult to a team, program, or fan base?

It's not. Celebration should be a part of the sport. I don't want monotone robots out there playing. I won't remember the Josey Jewell jab at McSorley. However, I will remember Juwan Johnson, his reception, and his "shush" to the crowd. I probably won't remember Wadley pretending he's Zeke Elliott with the keep on eating motion. I will remember Barkley making play after play and doing little more than walk to the sideline or back to the huddle.

If an Iowa fan wants to be offended by McSorley, they should rewatch the final play. His throw from a beautiful pocket through traffic in stride to Johnson is offensive.

The Iowa fans suffered the worst kind of loss and this feeling will stick with them for years, sort of like 1999 vs Minn or 2005 vs Michigan with us. That said, the sort of comments from some on the fan base must be due to alcohol muscles, inbreeding, bigotry, or just plain redneck midwestern stupidity. They are not the most worldly people out there, and the wound is fresh.

Telling us to "stay classy" in one thread, meanwhile their in game thread breaks into the all too familiar "ped enabler" "Most evil university" drivel right after the game winning TD.
Ferentz dissing Franklin, fans yelling insults at Barkley, fans swearing at Franklin, Iowa players throwing helmets all ok but PSU behavior totally unacceptable!

Reactions: JJTopp99
Why don't you and the rest of the gals on your board go off to the Ladies' Room and have a nice cry about a kid showing his joy at the end of a super hard played game. He had just thrown a TD pass to win the game just seconds before for Christ's sake.

Geez, if that's the type of crap your fan base takes offense at, you all need to grow a pair and learn to take your losses like men.

As for all the pedo state BS....would you stop crying like little girls about being beaten by Penn State teams that had nothing to do with whatever crazed delusions you have about Penn State's past "sins", if everyone who is in any way associated with Penn State admitted to a million person conspiracy and begged YOUR forgiveness for JS's bad acts? The answer is , no you wouldn't. You'd just keep harping on it because you can't beat Penn State's teams.....and you can't take the losses like grown men.

Last edited:
Ferentz dissing Franklin, fans yelling insults at Barkley, fans swearing at Franklin, Iowa players throwing helmets all ok but PSU behavior totally unacceptable!

I must have missed this, who was throwing helmets?

There were 4 separate posts comparing Penn State to North Korea, and there were over 30 likes, for a post that compared our mascot, to pedo bear.

Reactions: MtNittany
I'm still trying to figure out what the Iowa fan was complaining about the PSU team not winning with class. Why- because the QB punted a ball after the game was over? Really?

Reactions: JJTopp99
It's 2017. Everybody has to be offended by something. If there is nothing offensive than make something up to be offended by. I for one am SICK OF IT.

Great game. Great win!

Indiana, Indiana, Indiana!

Dead f'n on!!!!!!!!

I'm still trying to figure out what the Iowa fan was complaining about the PSU team not winning with class. Why- because the QB punted a ball after the game was over? Really?
Seems that way. Wow. I guess that was insult to injury to some of those people. Anyone who ever really competed at anything knows that feeling, as well as the other side of the coin. McSorley has fire in the belly. Great competitor. Just keep winning baby!:D

Seems that way. Wow. I guess that was insult to injury to some of those people. Anyone who ever really competed at anything knows that feeling, as well as the other side of the coin. McSorley has fire in the belly. Great competitor. Just keep winning baby!:D

Given the Iowa fan reaction after Trace punted a ball- I could only imagine the meltdown in the state of Iowa if McSorely had planted a PSU flag at midfield on the Hawkeyes logo or spit on it. :eek::eek::eek:

Given the Iowa fan reaction after Trace punted a ball- I could only imagine the meltdown in the state of Iowa if McSorely had planted a PSU flag at midfield on the Hawkeyes logo or spit on it. :eek::eek::eek:
They would have complained if he had just smiled and ran off the field. How dare he show his joy in winning? Apparently, that's unsportsmanlike in Iowa.....

I say win with class, lose with dignity. McSorley's punt was unnecessary. I didn't take it as meant to be an offense to anybody or even as a celebration. It looked to me like a guy who was really frustrated with his night overall but relieved to pull it out in the end. The kick kind of looked like he was signifying, "Thank god this game is over."
I could also do without the "shushing" and jawing at the fans. They already shushed when we won. I understand, it's a different generation.......... I'd still rather see the team focus on each other and not the fans.

Reactions: dsites52
I say win with class, lose with dignity. McSorley's punt was unnecessary. I didn't take it as meant to be an offense to anybody or even as a celebration. It looked to me like a guy who was really frustrated with his night overall but relieved to pull it out in the end. The kick kind of looked like he was signifying, "Thank god this game is over."
I could also do without the "shushing" and jawing at the fans. They already shushed when we won. I understand, it's a different generation.......... I'd still rather see the team focus on each other and not the fans.
I agree with what you said about what was probably going through Trace's mind at the time.

But, since when does "unnecessary" = "offensive"? It doesn't. You can't let another team's poor fans define how you act, especially in an emotional moment, so long as you aren't crossing a clear line of unacceptable behavior. Trace kicking the ball was not anywhere near taunting or other unsportmanlike behavior at all.

Unforeseen hangover from court of public opinion’s jury ruling that anyone choosing to align themselves is somehow directly responsible for the acts of one man 16 years ago. I was always a fan of handing the referee the ball and running back to the sidelines, but that opportunity has been taken away from these boys. Every away game they are showered with comments of enabling child abuse. So to that point, I wouldn’t care if after a win, the entire team drops a deuce on the 50 yard line.

Opposing fan bases post pictures of Pedo Bear, and compare our fan base to that. Opposing fans post pics of North Korea, and compare our university to them. Our players are cursed and baited at opposing stadiums without mercy. I apologize, but if our coach wants to call a time out up 56 points to preserve a shutout, or if our quarterback punts the ball after the game, or if our receiver uses the "hush" sign at the end of a huge win to save the season---I have no problem with it. That's just me I guess.

For those who are deeply bothered by it, I suggest you buy a time machine, set it to 1967, preferably to the game where Dennis Onkotz stops NC State on the PSU 8 yard line, and enjoy the gentlemanly celebrations afterward. You take yours and I'll take mine, as it were.

...but, uh, be careful at the dorms after the games, because Smear and Kates would regularly get into fights and scraps with other students at times, and Joe would sometimes have to bring them in and have a talk with them, haha.

Reactions: dsites52
I see that one of the mods nuked much of the Pedo garbage there, either out of embarrassment or a warning from Yahoo. There are "premium" posters there that are real shitheads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT