ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa board in expected form after the game

FightOnState

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2003
Telling us to "stay classy" in one thread, meanwhile their in game thread breaks into the all too familiar "ped enabler" "Most evil university" drivel right after the game winning TD.

They'll never change.

There were some nice Iowa folks who stopped by here this week. Occasionally I'd drop by the Iowa board the last few days to see their take on the game and that kind of nasty stuff was all over their board. Saw an Iowa fan site today had pics of 4 or 5 huge banners hanging from Iowa City houses today that were all Sandusky related and inappropriate.

Decided it was just best to avoid posting on their board after the game.

People on message boards are not a fair representation of an entire fan base. That said, many of the Iowa posters appear to spend large portions of their existence breathing through their mouths. Shame too, since every post game interview I've seen from Iowa players and Coach Ferentz suggests that they run a very classy program...very well spoken kids and very complementary of their competition.

The children of the corn are a sad bunch. God there are some awful looking folks in their crowd shots. We own Iowa - we will destroy them in Happy Valley next year.

Do you guys only see one side? I'm sure there were Iowa fans that were talking trash, but if you don't think your message board or fans don't do the same thing you are delusional. Some of your players stuck around to talk trash to our fans and your db qb punted the ball after the game was over. Real classy after a great game played by both teams. I just got done reading all the threads on the premium board and the majority of the people were very complimentary of Penn State and did not read one negative thing about SB with many of them saying he was the best rb to ever play at Kinnick.

Mitch ShermanESPN Staff Writer
I rode the elevator from the press box to the Kinnick concourse with Penn State coaches, whose faces showed a mix of shock and respect for Iowa. I don't think the feeling of victory had set in yet. They were incredibly quiet, considering what had just happened. Of course, when they exited the elevator and got on golf carts for a ride to the locker room as Iowa fans screamed unpleasant things, reality likely hit them square."

Do you guys only see one side? I'm sure there were Iowa fans that were talking trash, but if you don't think your message board or fans don't do the same thing you are delusional. Some of your players stuck around to talk trash to our fans and your db qb punted the ball after the game was over. Real classy after a great game played by both teams. I just got done reading all the threads on the premium board and the majority of the people were very complimentary of Penn State and did not read one negative thing about SB with many of them saying he was the best rb to ever play at Kinnick.

do you blame him? an Iowa player stole Trace's signature move. he had to improvise a new one on the fly . . .

Why is Jewell such a DB? I didn't see you call him one?

Because your qb is known as a db and JJ is not. I will agree Jewell shouldn't have done it and wasn't necessary.
BS, both are good kids who got emotional. You're a GD hypocrite looking for something to bitch about. See what Trace said about Iowa right after the final whistle. Hint, it doesn't get much more complimentary than what Trace said about IOWA. Wahhhhh, he celebrated a big road win on the last snap. You're a GD baby who is butt hurt still.

Last edited:
Because your qb is known as a db and JJ is not. I will agree Jewell shouldn't have done it and wasn't necessary.
Why is nobody talking about McSorley's post game interview. Very complimentary towards the Iowa team and atmosphere at Kinnick. Made it a point to say that what happened at the end of the game was meant as NO disrespect towards Iowa. Emotional game...people need to relax a bit.

BS, both are good kids who got emotional. You're a GD hypocrite looking for something to bitch about. See what Trace said about Iowa right after the final whistle. Wahhhhh, he celebrated a big road win. GFY

I'm only defending this thread which is trying to lump all Iowa fans as complainers. If you read all the threads like I did it was actually one of the most complimentary post game threads that I've seen. As you can see this Iowa fan didn't call you guys names and you tell me to gfy? Sound like you're the hypocrite! Stay classy!

I'm only defending this thread which is trying to lump all Iowa fans as complainers. If you read all the threads like I did it was actually one of the most complimentary post game threads that I've seen. As you can see this Iowa fan didn't call you guys names and you tell me to gfy? Sound like you're the hypocrite! Stay classy!
Classy like calling opposing kids Douche Bags? I guess you consider that classy. Figures. How come you didn't comment on his post game comments? I know why as they fly in the face of what you were trying to sell. Maybe lecture your own foul fans rather than preach here? Every school has fans that are bad apples, every school. No need to defend the stupid. Best to ignore them.

Last edited:
Telling us to "stay classy" in one thread, meanwhile their in game thread breaks into the all too familiar "ped enabler" "Most evil university" drivel right after the game winning TD.
Why do we care what other people say? We cannot be obsessed over what is said on other boards. Face it, no one likes us and why even bother reading their comments and getting your shorts in a knot.

Someone had to loose

h2odu.jpg

Hawkman, I agree that people generalize too much, and every board has its loons and immature bums. I have to ask, however: why is punting the ball such a big deal? I'm normally the curmudgeon who hates to see the hush signal, the first down gesture, etc., but I didn't think the punt should have angered people so. Was there equal condemnation of Jewell mocking McSorly after the interception?

Known as s DB? Really? By fans who only see one side?

Or don't you see that?

Come on man. Great game by two tough teams. Thanks for stopping by the past week and drop by next time our programs play.

This board would have been in meltdown mode had PSU lost. Probably attacking our coaches instead of Iowas but nevertheless the people posting on an internet board immediately after an emotional game are hardly representative of an entire fanbase. In the end, I'll take the W, they can take the high road like Narduzzi

Actually, Trace is known for being a Winner and a Champion. He led his HS team to 4 Straight Title Games and seems to be doing pretty well in College.

He's competitive and sometimes get's caught up in the moment. He's just having fun out there. If you actually get to hear him talk, he's a really nice guy.

....and your LB mocked Trace on the INT....so don't care that he punted the ball as he should have after having a frustrating night and getting it done in the end.

Guess you missed our "db" qb give props to Iowa after the game, you should probably stop talking about only seeing one side ya dildo.

1. Yes, all message boards have their a-holes. But this pedo-state crap is vile.
2. Get over the McSorley punt. My God, your LB (who played a great game other than being abused time after time after time after time by Barkley) directly insulted McSorley by doing the home run swing after his interception. Guess that is "classy" while kicking the ball in final celebration just crosses some bizarre, imaginary line for you. Your LB is the true DB.
3. Our players are not generally trash talkers. My (educated) guess is that the "fans" they stuck around to talk trash to were a bunch of mouth-breathers who spent all game talking real/vile trash to our players instead of even watching the game.
4. Wonderful that you didn't read one negative thing about SB -- you could spend hours doing internet research and not find a single negative thing about him, so kudos to your fans for not making sh!t up. And he probably was the best RB to ever play at Kinnick, so no points there either.

Go reads your free football board, and while you're at it read the wrestling board. Come back and tell us how classy your fans there are.

Spoiler alert: you won't be back to tell us.

1. Yes, all message boards have their a-holes. But this pedo-state crap is vile.
2. Get over the McSorley punt. My God, your LB (who played a great game other than being abused time after time after time after time by Barkley) directly insulted McSorley by doing the home run swing after his interception. Guess that is "classy" while kicking the ball in final celebration just crosses some bizarre, imaginary line for you. Your LB is the true DB.
3. Our players are not generally trash talkers. My (educated) guess is that the "fans" they stuck around to talk trash to were a bunch of mouth-breathers who spent all game talking real/vile trash to our players instead of even watching the game.
4. Wonderful that you didn't read one negative thing about SB -- you could spend hours doing internet research and not find a single negative thing about him, so kudos to your fans for not making sh!t up. And he probably was the best RB to ever play at Kinnick, so no points there either.

Do you mean the fans you can hear yelling at Thompkins to get off the field when he was hurt near the sideline?

Actually, Trace is known for being a Winner and a Champion. He led his HS team to 4 Straight Title Games and seems to be doing pretty well in College.

He's competitive and sometimes get's caught up in the moment. He's just having fun out there. If you actually get to hear him talk, he's a really nice guy.

Or maybe he IS a douche. Or maybe he is just a kid who got excited after a great play. Maybe Trace and Jewel were excited and what they did was meaningless.

Reactions: johnmpsu
Mitch ShermanESPN Staff Writer
I rode the elevator from the press box to the Kinnick concourse with Penn State coaches, whose faces showed a mix of shock and respect for Iowa. I don't think the feeling of victory had set in yet. They were incredibly quiet, considering what had just happened. Of course, when they exited the elevator and got on golf carts for a ride to the locker room as Iowa fans screamed unpleasant things, reality likely hit them square."
Wow.

Hawkman, I agree that people generalize too much, and every board has its loons and immature bums. I have to ask, however: why is punting the ball such a big deal? I'm normally the curmudgeon who hates to see the hush signal, the first down gesture, etc., but I didn't think the punt should have angered people so. Was there equal condemnation of Jewell mocking McSorly after the interception?

Exactly re: the punt. I wish one Iowa fan or heck anyone could explain the logic of why the punt was supposedly so awful. How did that "show up" Iowa or its players or fans or anyone? I simply don't get the logic. Someone compared the punt to a basketball player heaving the basketball skyward at the end of a game and I think that's an excellent comparison. And I've never heard a basketball player who did such a thing described as a d-bag for doing so. Can someone help me out? Cause frankly it's stuff like this that feeds into this idea that "everyone hates PSU." This stuff just seems so irrational, like the ridiculous Francesa tirades last week. So it starts looking like there is just this deep, underlying hatred of Penn State and it wouldn't matter what we would say or do, people are going to hate us. So why worry about it.

Still mad we took wrestling from Iowa^^^^^

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT