ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa a pretender

Player2BNamedL8r

Jan 3, 2012
RI

From the article:
However, let's be blunt. Penn State was on its way to handling the Hawkeyes on the road before the injury to quarterback Sean Clifford. With the Nittany Lions forced to play an inexperienced backup, their offense stalled and eventually Iowa wore them down, helped by penalties and field position.

Whichever team emerges from the four-team fight in the East likely will be favored when it meets up with Iowa for the conference championship game in Indianapolis.

Agree completely but I want us to get the rematch in Indianapolis. It’s not going to be easy.

From the article:
However, let's be blunt. Penn State was on its way to handling the Hawkeyes on the road before the injury to quarterback Sean Clifford. With the Nittany Lions forced to play an inexperienced backup, their offense stalled and eventually Iowa wore them down, helped by penalties and field position.

Whichever team emerges from the four-team fight in the East likely will be favored when it meets up with Iowa for the conference championship game in Indianapolis.

Truth. Doesn't change anything, but nice to know everyone knows where that game was headed before we straight Titanic'd.

Unrelated but its physically impossible for this ball to be across the goal line based on where its tucked. Not a given they score a TD based on how our D has played in the Red Zone.

Iowa wide receiver Charlie Jones, right, scores a touchdown as Penn State safety Ji'Ayir Brown defends at Kinnick Stadium.

From the article:

Could be right. Or could be wrong.

Unrelated but its physically impossible for this ball to be across the goal line based on where its tucked. Not a given they score a TD based on how our D has played in the Red Zone.

Iowa wide receiver Charlie Jones, right, scores a touchdown as Penn State safety Ji'Ayir Brown defends at Kinnick Stadium.'Ayir Brown defends at Kinnick Stadium.
Exactly. We gave them the ball on our 8 yard line with the INT during our first possession and they went -8 yards and kicked a FG.

Iowa wide receiver Charlie Jones, right, scores a touchdown as Penn State safety Ji'Ayir Brown defends at Kinnick Stadium.'Ayir Brown defends at Kinnick Stadium.
You’re quite correct in there is NO WAY that was a TD. That said, I haven’t griped too much about this one because it would have been 1st and goal from the half yard line and we were missing our best DT at the time. As great as our D has been in the red zone, that’s asking a bit much for a hold there.

You’re quite correct in there is NO WAY that was a TD. That said, I haven’t griped too much about this one because it would have been 1st and goal from the half yard line and we were missing our best DT at the time. As great as our D has been in the red zone, that’s asking a bit much for a hold there.
Just takes one negative play and they aren't on the half yard line anymore. If Iowa fans can talk about how Phil Parker would have made enough adjustments to blank a Clifford led offense over the remainder of the game I imagine one negative yardage play in this scenario.

Last edited:
Just takes one negative play and they aren't on the half yard line anymore. If Iowa fans can talk about how Norm Parker would have made enough adjustments to blank a Clifford led offense over the remainder of the game I imagine one negative yardage play in this scenario.
It's weird how you somehow replied to me as that wasn't my post? I definitely agree with your reply.

Just takes one negative play and they aren't on the half yard line anymore. If Iowa fans can talk about how Norm Parker would have made enough adjustments to blank a Clifford led offense over the remainder of the game I imagine one negative yardage play in this scenario.
But we’re better than Iowa fans. Some realism builds credibility. It was absolutely a blown call but also, in this instance, not likely critical to the outcome of the game. I mean, I don’t have stats in front of me but the Iowa QB sneak seemed to get 2.5 yds per play. The Norm Parker crap is ludicrous.

But we’re better than Iowa fans. Some realism builds credibility. It was absolutely a blown call but also, in this instance, not likely critical to the outcome of the game. I mean, I don’t have stats in front of me but the Iowa QB sneak seemed to get 2.5 yds per play. The Norm Parker crap is ludicrous.
What if the DC was Don Brown? :rolleyes:

From the article:

Another thread? It's ok. Denial is part of the healing process.

stagesofgriefz.jpg

Another thread? It's ok. Denial is part of the healing process.

stagesofgriefz.jpg
No denial sir. I saw what you saw. The difference is I (and most of America) aren’t wearing black & yellow glasses, and comprehend what we saw better than Iowans. Congrats on the win my friend.

Keep making Iowa posts guys. I’ll keep chiming in.
Of course you will, why wouldn't you? Easier than shooting fish in a barrel and great entertainment value. For each post you make there will be multiple responses, they cannot resist. As predictable as the sun and moon.

A ton of butthurt in this thread.

Follow Bonerfarts logic - keep making Iowa posts. That'll show 'em.

ADVERTISEMENT