ADVERTISEMENT

Intermat's Top 50 list

RBY (59-9, 1x champion) and Nick Lee (100-14, 1x champion) ahead of Yianni (66-1, 2x champion)?
I'm assuming he has RBY over NL and NL over Yianni because of the trials win. NL over Yianni makes more sense, but Yianni owns the only folkstyle win and has the better career. RBY over Yianni is totally unjustified imo.

I think it all depends on what criteria is being used. If it's straight up record, Mekhi probably took a hit, both for his loss to wentzel and his forfeits last year. As long as Intermat is being consistent in how they decide, this makes sense. I think most of us are using the eye test method, which is fine, but may not align.

List should be released in blocks of 5 or 10, and maybe the Top 5 can be one per day. But, Willie loves his unnecessary attention.

And a healthy 100% healthy Mekhi at #17 is LMFAO - just ask Bull & Cenzo about that #17.
I think that attention is pretty necessary when you own a website and you're trying to maximize traffic on it.

I think that attention is pretty necessary when you own a website and you're trying to maximize traffic on it.
Intermat is one thing.

On the other hand, Willie's twitter sometimes is a raging dumpster fire, especially when he dips his big toe into political arguments (unnecessary attention).

#19 Stevan Micic
I thought to myself "wow... Micic has been around forever". Sure enough... After checking wrestlestat... he went 17-3 on redshirt as a freshman in 2015! A year BEFORE Kemerer entered college.

good for him... But what does one study for EIGHT years?!?!

I thought to myself "wow... Micic has been around forever". Sure enough... After checking wrestlestat... he went 17-3 on redshirt as a freshman in 2015! A year BEFORE Kemerer entered college.

He had I think three Olympic redshirts thanks to COVID so he likely wasn't enrolled for those.

It’s wrong is what it is.
Definitely wrong if career accomplishments is criterea #1. I haven't been reading the article (I plan to join soon, Willie, I really do), so I don't know what measure they are taking of these guys.

Wrestling forums

Kem does beating Hall. But Parris and Micic don’t.
Parris has pinned Cass every time they've met (at least in folk). If the standard is "he's never beaten Steveson," that's a standard nobody else is being held to.

Parris is also a JR freestyle world champ. That doesn't count for nothing.

Parris has pinned Cass every time they've met (at least in folk). If the standard is "he's never beaten Steveson," that's a standard nobody else is being held to.

Parris is also a JR freestyle world champ. That doesn't count for nothing.
Lewis is also a junior world champ. And Cenzo is significantly better than Cass.

Lewis is also a junior world champ. And Cenzo is significantly better than Cass.
Yes, Cenzo is a better win that Cass. Who is the Cenzo that Parris could've beaten but didn't?

Lewis DNP at nationals last year. Parris finished 2nd. If the question is purely best career, there's a legitimate debate. If it's some mix of career + recent results, Lewis doesn't have the recent results.

Parris was also 2020 senior nationals champ and 3rd at Olympic Trials. Lewis has not fared nearly as well on the senior circuit, for whatever amount freestyle matters here.

Last edited:
Yes, Cenzo is a better win that Cass. Who is the Cenzo that Parris could've beaten but didn't?

Lewis DNP at nationals last year. Parris finished 2nd. If the question is purely best career, there's a legitimate debate. If it's some mix of career + recent results, Lewis doesn't have the recent results.

Parris was also 2020 senior nationals champ and 3rd at Olympic Trials. Lewis has not fared nearly as well on the senior circuit, for whatever amount freestyle matters here.
Lol. Lewis med forfeit last year. He didn’t lose a match at NCAAs.

ok if you’re factoring freestyle results than I can get with Parris being ranked higher. And if that is the case, Yianni and Gable should also both be ahead of Spencer.

If freestyle is not taken into consideration, there is no good case for Parris over Mekhi.

Reactions: Dogwelder

HS Senior Stevan Micic beat HS Freshman Nick Lee in the State Semifinal in 2014. 3 more years of High School and 5 years of College for Nick and he and Micic will exit college at the same time. That's some redshirting math!

ADVERTISEMENT