Interim. HC Katie Schumacher-Cawley will PSU Volleyball's next head coach.

creamery freak

Jul 26, 2014
I recall when Salima Rockwell was brought back in as an assistant coach by Russ a few years back. Most thought that she was being groomed for Russ's position when he retired. I kind of wondered what happened there? Best of luck to Katie carrying on a strong tradition at PSU!

doctornick

Sep 4, 2007
I recall when Salima Rockwell was brought back in as an assistant coach by Russ a few years back. Most thought that she was being groomed for Russ's position when he retired. I kind of wondered what happened there? Best of luck to Katie carrying on a strong tradition at PSU!

Interestingly she retired from coaching but just came back to be hired as head coach for Norte Dame.

BOSCO2

Feb 27, 2002
Well, he didn't retire, so there's that. I guess she didn't want to wait.

PSUSignore

May 29, 2001
ND apparently outbid PSU bigly for her services.
Source? From the rumors I've read PSU didn't pursue here too aggressively, and she apparently wasn't in the top 2 of the candidates. Everything seems to say that Fisher at Pitt was the guy, then he bowed out very, very late in the process and signed a 1 year extension at Pitt.

Latest posts