ADVERTISEMENT

INTERESTING STUDY...regarding medical research studies (link)

DMD, I had one ear open the other day and heard someone talking about a research study that concluded that there were too damn many research studies. Many have known that, but it required another superfluous research study to confirm the suspicions of many.

I have a relative who is one of top research scientists in the world. He has a PHD in MicroBiology from Rutgers and a VMD from the U of P. Some of the "research" work? he has told me about, involving major Universities, is really quite corrupt and in some cases scary. Competition for funding and "prestige" has caused most if not all the "fake" science.

Just had a similar conversation a couple of days ago with our nephew, who is simultaneously finishing up his MD and Phd at Johns Hopkins. Scary stuff for sure.

"This is why you can't have nice things"

Funniest_Memes_i-am-why-we-can-t-have-nice-things_6020.jpeg

So, we should assume that shooting Sweet n Low

into our kidney tumors is a bad plan? Whew! Glad you told me. I been snatching the stuff out of restaurants for two days now.:)

You don't care about the families of the makers of those ceramic thingies..

that hold the packets!!!!!

Originally posted by dawgduice:
I have a relative who is one of top research scientists in the world. He has a PHD in MicroBiology from Rutgers and a VMD from the U of P.

Some of the "research" work he has told me about, involving major Universities, is really quite corrupt and in some cases scary.

Competition for funding and "prestige" has caused most if not all the "fake" science.

Corruption in some research areas has been ongoing for decades...

LOL - Don't blame science, if it's your liver that's your likely problem...

Too many years of you posting under the influence may have it's own set of problems for you dem.

happy0025.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/25 5:11 PM by T J

You cant spin away from the pretend science you tried to load up in here.

You pretend to believe this, so just go ahead and own its 1% reliability rate.

You ought to apologize for belittling THON the way you did. Even for you that was a new low in shameful. those little kids and their families are not pawns in some wingnut gotcha game. Sheesh.

LOL-You're confused as usual. Your anti-science delusions are meaningless.

Information is posted on lots of topics here. A news item was personally directed to a BWI poster, about newly reported research, regarding a specific form of cancer he had just mentioned, where his family is suffering.

We've had many posters provide very deeply felt comments about their personal struggles with cancer and those of their spouses, parents and children. Offering information about new research that is reportedly targeted at some of the worst forms of cancer may someday be a match for a particular loved one.

Who are you demlion, to stand in the way of sharing new research information, in a field which has the potential for helping posters' loved ones deal with a nightmare disease?
=========

demlion - As usual, you don't have a clue about potential benefits that may come from the anti-cancer research to exploit a chemical pathway that reports say mostly exists in Cancer Cells. It appears that anti-cancer research around the world is trying to exploit that possible weakness in Cancer cells.

Your position appears to be based upon your personal ignorance, your blind bigotry and dishonesty.. ie, your typical tools of self-delusion.

==========

No surprise to see demlion stoop so low and attack anti-cancer efforts that are funded by the National Institutes of Health, [/B]the European Union [/B]and the Australian Research Council. [/B]
U of Florida College of Medicine will no doubt love to hear demlion's backwoods/Medieval approach to their topic: "...
selective inhibition of Carbonic Anhydrase IX: a lead approach to anti-cancer drug development"
[/B]Keep going demlion - If you think THON families and volunteers would love to have you spew your ignorance and hate-speech attacks against anti-cancer research at the next THON event - Give them a call. [/B]
==========

Earth to clueless demlion...

Study results stand or fall on their own. They can also be foundations, upon which further breakthroughs can stand.
You're childishness and illogical attacks against sharing Anti-Cancer Research news only reflect upon you demlion... and it's an ugly reflection.

This post was edited on 3/25 7:34 PM by T J

Sorry, fool. Your anti-science credentials are well established.

and DMD just blew your weak BS sky high.

LOL - You do post like a Sorry Fool. Your lame attacks are dishonest and foolish

As usual demlion, you are ignorant on the issue, "full of it" and full of laughably dishonest bluster.

You're a self-admitted liar, who bragged on BWI that you make up false attacks against others as your tactic. Pathetic of course, but it's who you've chosen to be.We've seen your lame-ass, Louis Freeh-style, false attack tactics from you repeatedly. Nothing new. Same old thing from "demliar."

You've got nothing and your dishonesty only reflects poorly on you, yet again.

Meanwhile, the National Institutes of Health[/B] funded Anti-Cancer research will continue and the Univ of Florida College of Medicine [/B]will still be contributing to Anti-Cancer research, no matter how much you spew your ignorant, backwoods, anti-science and dishonest, hissy-fit tantrums.

Have a nice day!

happy0013.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/26 12:41 AM by T J

ADVERTISEMENT