Inflation increases at the fastest rate in 40 years.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Before the board lefties try....no it's not this bad everywhere.

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
8.5 % in the past year....Thanks Joe.
And the WH tells it that it only started since Putin invaded Ukraine. It's all Putin's fault.

Oh, wait. Before that, it was only temporary. Before that, it was the supply chain. Before that it was...blah, blah, blah.

It started the very day Biden took office. It's obvious who's fault it is.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
And the WH tells it that it only started since Putin invaded Ukraine. It's all Putin's fault.

Oh, wait. Before that, it was only temporary. Before that, it was the supply chain. Before that it was...blah, blah, blah.

It started the very day Biden took office. It's obvious who's fault it is.
I mean it was the supply chain.....thing us he ****ed it up with pushing lockdowns that put strain on said supply chain

Reactions: Sullivan and JR4PSU

republion

Mar 24, 2009
I don’t get/understand this 8.5% number. It sounds like BS to me. I’m seeing gas prices double, lumber 3-4x, and food that my family normally buys up 20-40%. I wish it was only 8.5%. What am I missing?

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I don’t get/understand this 8.5% number. It sounds like BS to me. I’m seeing gas prices double, lumber 3-4x, and food that my family normally buys up 20-40%. I wish it was only 8.5%. What am I missing?
Some things aren't up much at all. Other things are up a lot. The 8.5% is an average.

I don't understand how shelter is only up 5%. The cost of buying a new house is up over 60% when you consider both price and mortgage rates. Is the 5% because most people didn't buy a house so their cost hasn't gone up? Rents are up a lot too. Are people still paying the rate in last year's lease agreement? Or is rent control keeping things down?

Both new and used cars are up a lot. Is that factored in low because most people didn't buy one this year?

Utilities are up a lot. Are they factoring in the savings from a mild winter?

Reactions: republion

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
I keep hearing about how awful it is that wages are not keeping up with inflation. What about those that had pensions before all this?

They say not many people have those any more. Well some people stuck it out through bad times when the job was not fun and made the cut through performance, only to now find that the pension is rapidly becoming worthless.

I guess since we are a minority the Left sees us as expendable. Or maybe they are just happy to see more added to the Social Security dependent class.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Think I've got it figured out. Most people with private pensions are in the white and male identity group. As such, they are privileged and should be required to bust their butts before handing over their money.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
I keep hearing about how awful it is that wages are not keeping up with inflation. What about those that had pensions before all this?

They say not many people have those any more. Well some people stuck it out through bad times when the job was not fun and made the cut through performance, only to now find that the pension is rapidly becoming worthless.

I guess since we are a minority the Left sees us as expendable. Or maybe they are just happy to see more added to the Social Security dependent class.

Well the folks in my neighborhood with pensions are all teachers who make more now than they did when they were employed and they are bankrupting the school district.

My neighbors are both retired teachers and their daughter is also a teacher.....she lives with them and is single in her late 40s. Combined that household sucks about $400k of taxpayer money each year...maybe more.

They seem to be living just fine

Reactions: bourbon n blues

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Well the folks in my neighborhood with pensions are all teachers who make more now than they did when they were employed and they are bankrupting the school district.

My neighbors are both retired teachers and their daughter is also a teacher.....she lives with them and is single in her late 40s. Combined that household sucks about $400k of taxpayer money each year...maybe more.

Now I am really pissed off. We live on a small fraction of that.

As I understand it, once the Dems got power in Washington one of their priorities was to backdoor fund the states to cover poorly managed budgets, which includes public pensions. This is why Pelosi writes bills that are a mountain of paper while trying to get them forced through in the final hour. She doesn't want a thorough scrutiny before a vote.

No one will want to work in the private sector, and once that happens, the tax revenue will disappear. And once that happens, they will tax through inflation.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001

My uncle gets a 6 figure federal pension with COLA. Social Security recipients also get a COLA. Knights situation is relatively rare.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
My uncle gets a 6 figure federal pension with COLA. Social Security recipients also get a COLA. Knights situation is relatively rare.

Six figures with a COLA? No wonder you people are leftists. Public employees are totally bought.

And therein lies the problem. Public employees make the rules. They protect themselves and then overlay what they get onto everyone else.

I should refuse to pay my taxes.

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010

My referenced example does the 3 year highest salary average plus all the benefits...they retire near $120k

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Six figures with a COLA? No wonder you people are leftists. Public employees are totally bought.

And therein lies the problem. Public employees make the rules. They protect themselves and then overlay what they get onto everyone else.

I should refuse to pay my taxes.
Yes but in fairness to him he was very high up in his organization. If he had a similar role in corporate America he would have had a much higher salary throughout his career. He wasn’t just a worker bee.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Takers run in the family.... lol... Thanks for the admission.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Inflation at 8.5%, lmao. I just ordered my whole wheat bread flour. Last year, $43.00/25lbs. Current price, $86.00/25lb. That's not a typo. And some fool keeps saying this is temporary.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Inflation at 8.5%, lmao. I just ordered my whole wheat bread flour. Last year, $43.00/25lbs. Current price, $86.00/25lb. That's not a typo. And some fool keeps saying this is temporary.
Just a FYI, Temporary has to do with time.