Inflation continues to be grossly underestimated/underreported by the fed

YeOldeCup

Jan 27, 2005
It's everywhere. I paid $60.90 for 90 day boxes of my Acuvue reading contact in April 2021. The same discount outlet is now $95.45 (+57%). I only got them a little cheaper from a competitor due to a one-time discount as a first time buyer.

Let's go Brandon!!!

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
The Fed under-reports inflation so that the Congress can spend money without raising taxes it collects through the IRS. (That is too visible and points right back to the bad behaviors of the Congress.)

The Congress is robbing bank accounts and pensions using inflation.

The only way for real economic growth, i.e., an increase in living standards, is for more people to be working, mining, farming, and innovating.

When Biden adds regulation he is hurting those drivers for economic growth. Not complicated, but the Left would have you believe a lot of gibberish around the issue so as to distract from this simple truth.

Prosperity doesn't come by printing money and handing it out. What that does is distort matters. It disillusions people. It causes people to retire or leave jobs when they should not. It causes people to spend money that they should not.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
I just heard on the radio that inflation would be 17.1% if we used the old methodology for calculating it. Plus, it would be the highest inflation in 75 years.

• Wow

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
I just heard on the radio that inflation would be 17.1% if we used the old methodology for calculating it. Plus, it would be the highest inflation in 75 years.

So imagine your net worth going down by 14% per year. When negative real rates are that negative, what the Fed is doing is extremely accommodative, i.e., they are still fueling inflation. They are making it potentially worse.

Imagine being a young retiree and having your pension/long bonds permanently devalued by 14-17%. That's a cost of living cut that you will never get back.

If the Fed did what it needs to do it would shut down the government. So that dog-n-pony show that Biden did with Powell for the Oval Office cameras was a lot of crap.

In the end this is a massive transfer from the private sector to the public sector which promises to continue. It will crush the source that feeds the government.

No way to get around a massive decrease in living standards, with the the poor, lower middle class, and a lot of retirees paying the most in their living standards. The upper middle class and wealthy will pay too, but will at least be able to eat food that isn't total garbage.

A massive deception with more electoral anomalies will be necessary for the Democrats to retain power. Blaming Putin or Trump's behavior will cut it only with the utterly stupid. Unfortunately, we have too many of them.

Latest posts