ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
Is better than Iowa in my honest opinion. This will not be easy, but we are the better team by far. And it is at the Beav!

Is better than Iowa in my honest opinion. This will not be easy, but we are the better team by far. And it is at the Beav!

• They were leading O$U 14-13 at half
  • Lagow threw for 410 yards but not much on the ground
  • Beat Virginia 34-17
PSU is 18 point favorites at home.

• They were leading O$U 14-13 at half
  • Lagow threw for 410 yards but not much on the ground
  • Beat Virginia 34-17
PSU is 18 point favorites at home.

-Gave up 49 points to Ohio State, and was a defensive mess in the second half
-Had no running game to speak of vs Ohio State
-Lagow was a statue in the second half and they could not protect him
-Outside of Fant and Scales, there are defensive liabilities all over the field
-Are not "better than" Iowa, or even "as good" as Iowa. They don't have the offensive line Iowa does, they do not have anywhere near as good of a defense as Iowa, and on a neutral field, would be a 4 to 6 point underdog vs Iowa.

Reactions: JJTopp99
-Are not "better than" Iowa, or even "as good" as Iowa. They don't have the offensive line Iowa does, they do not have anywhere near as good of a defense as Iowa, and on a neutral field, would be a 4 to 6 point underdog vs Iowa.

PSU was losing to Indiana with 4 minutes left to play last year. They had more yards (454-409) and 1st downs than PSU (20-18). I fully expect PSU to win this game by 2+ scores at home but I don't take it for granted.

PSU was losing to Indiana with 4 minutes left to play last year. They had more yards (454-409) and 1st downs than PSU (20-18). I fully expect PSU to win this game by 2+ scores at home but I don't take it for granted.
And neither do I. However, as you saw last night in Kinnick, last year was last year, and this year is this year.

hoping you are right.....

Reactions: Madsol
Against OSU it seemed like Lagow to Cobbs was the only plan. I saw IN run the same pass four times in a row, and it finally worked the 4th time. In the 2nd half, OSU put a stop to it and it turned into a blowout.

Every team presents different challenges...the IU qb has people who can catch the ball and move the chains. The Iowa QB never put any fear in me...IU can score 25 if PSU isnt ready...you score 25 you have a shot....Ranger Dan is right...I am on to Indina and they are good, not as good as we are, but we better be ready...

Indiana uses 2 QB's, Lagow and Peyton Ramsey. Ramsey is a Mcsorley-like QB who can take off and run. I think the biggest worry is PSU beating itself. We seem to be our own toughest opponent at times

I was actually pleasantly surprised going over to their board, seeing a Penn State thread with about 30 replies and not seeing any " ped state" , " PoSU" ect... references.

I think their offense is better but their defense is worse. As others have said...different team...different challenges. YAAAAA

I'm hoping to see us spread the ball around more this week. As transcendent as Saquan is, we really need to diversify our attack.

Their offense kind of plays into the strength of our defense. Our front four is decent and we have great depth in the secondary. We run into trouble when you can challenge our lbers. Indiana will have trouble doing so.

Reactions: Pittston-Lion

last year's game was much tougher than most anyone would have imagined.

IU gave up 242 yds rushing to Ga Southern...

Probably misleading - unless something has changed this year, GA Southern is a triple option team that rarely puts the ball in the air - think Georgia Tech, Navy and anywhere else that Paul Johnson has left his mark on.

IU fan here hoping for another good game. Will be real tough in Happy Valley, but we had a chance to win late last year despite 5 turnovers so that gives me some confidence.

I feel that our special teams are much-improved from last year. Our D is better but still needs more depth. We got one of our best O-Lineman back last week so that's helped that unit a lot along with some other changes. Morgan Ellison had nearly 200 yards against Georgia Southern so we think we've got a clear #1 RB now. You know about our WRs and TE from the OSU game.

We had Georgia Southern down 31-0 by the 2nd quarter, so a lot of garbage time in that game. I am worried about our D wearing out by the second half, but I think we'll make a game of it barring a lot of early turnovers/mistakes. Not going to say we're firing on all cylinders, but we've shown flashes and there's a chance it all comes together this week.

ADVERTISEMENT