ADVERTISEMENT

Incredible Experience

clucas

Jan 20, 2004
Nashville, TN
I took drove my sons (2nd and 4th grade) down from Nashville to watch day 2 of the Scuffle and could not have imagined the awesomeness that took place. Firstly, as most of you know it is amazing to watch this team compete. We are incredibly blessed to have the talent we have and I for one count myself lucky to be able to experience it as a fan. Secondly (and most importantly), to a man, the Penn State wrestlers are of such high character and the generosity they displayed to the kids and adults alike who swarmed them with autograph and picture requests made me proud to be a fan. My sons got pictures with Roman Bravo Young, Jason Nolf, Bo Nickal, Mark Hall, Cenzo (albeit right after he came off the mat in a tight finals match), Bo Pipher and to top it off Coach Cael. Memories to last a lifetime and what makes it all worth it were my boys after a 14 hour day saying, "Dad, that was so much fun, thanks for taking us." It almost brings tears to my eyes...the Penn State wrestlers have no idea how much they impacted my sons yesterday...or, maybe they do. If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will do so.

I took drove my sons (2nd and 4th grade) down from Nashville to watch day 2 of the Scuffle and could not have imagined the awesomeness that took place. Firstly, as most of you know it is amazing to watch this team compete. We are incredibly blessed to have the talent we have and I for one count myself lucky to be able to experience it as a fan. Secondly (and most importantly), to a man, the Penn State wrestlers are of such high character and the generosity they displayed to the kids and adults alike who swarmed them with autograph and picture requests made me proud to be a fan. My sons got pictures with Roman Bravo Young, Jason Nolf, Bo Nickal, Mark Hall, Cenzo (albeit right after he came off the mat in a tight finals match), Bo Pipher and to top it off Coach Cael. Memories to last a lifetime and what makes it all worth it were my boys after a 14 hour day saying, "Dad, that was so much fun, thanks for taking us." It almost brings tears to my eyes...the Penn State wrestlers have no idea how much they impacted my sons yesterday...or, maybe they do. If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will do so.
To post pics, you have to upload to a photo sharing website. I use Shutterfly. Then, use the link button to post the link from the photo sharing website.

Wow, incredible story, thank you for sharing.

Reactions: diggerpup
I like the story too, thanks for sharing. Must say, from my perspective, it's not surprising.

Not every fan will get clucas' chance to meet the wrestlers like one is able to do at the Scuffle. Maybe his "high character" comment will cause some to rethink some of the posting we saw as recently as the Scuffle. Stay classy, PSU fans...if an 18-23 year old can do it, we can too.

Have the pic uploaded to Shutterfly, but can't seem to get it to show up? When I try to upload the Image URL it shows as a broken link. Appreciate any help.

Have the pic uploaded to Shutterfly, but can't seem to get it to show up? When I try to upload the Image URL it shows as a broken link. Appreciate any help.

No worries.....we can all visualize in our heads the excited faces :)

This was a great post!

The sport of wrestling is now my favorite sport to follow. Years ago I'd have never thought it possible even though I wrestled and always enjoyed and followed the sport.

I'm finding that the "big time" sports are really starting to "price" me out of things. Getting so expensive to go to games while wrestling is still very cheap. But really the big reason wrestling is tops for me now is the accessiblility to the athletes and coaches. Fan friendly is an understatement and generally just great kids without all that ego. I remember Nascar being that way. Hell back in the 90s you could easily talk to the sports greats just hours before the race started. I'm not kidding when I say even the sports superstars like Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon walked around outside the track talking to fans and signing autographs. You'll never see those days again.

I'd encourage anyone to give wrestling a chance. Not many sports left where you can feel like you're part of it all, can get to know the athletes and coaches almost on a personal level. Also doesn't hurt that here in PA we have the opportunity to go down the road to one of the local school gymnasiums and watch 6, 7, 8 year olds that will one day become our sports next super stars. When they hit the big time, they are kids we've watched almost their entire lives and now we are seeing them as the sports best. Just don't get any better than that..

This was a great post!

The sport of wrestling is now my favorite sport to follow. Years ago I'd have never thought it possible even though I wrestled and always enjoyed and followed the sport.

I'm finding that the "big time" sports are really starting to "price" me out of things. Getting so expensive to go to games while wrestling is still very cheap. But really the big reason wrestling is tops for me now is the accessiblility to the athletes and coaches. Fan friendly is an understatement and generally just great kids without all that ego. I remember Nascar being that way. Hell back in the 90s you could easily talk to the sports greats just hours before the race started. I'm not kidding when I say even the sports superstars like Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon walked around outside the track talking to fans and signing autographs. You'll never see those days again.

I'd encourage anyone to give wrestling a chance. Not many sports left where you can feel like you're part of it all, can get to know the athletes and coaches almost on a personal level. Also doesn't hurt that here in PA we have the opportunity to go down the road to one of the local school gymnasiums and watch 6, 7, 8 year olds that will one day become our sports next super stars. When they hit the big time, they are kids we've watched almost their entire lives and now we are seeing them as the sports best. Just don't get any better than that..
Love the humbleness of wrestlers. Wrestling success doesn't seem to change them.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Double-click the pic. Then right-click. Copy image. Paste in the message.

enhance

^^^^^ Just to make sure it worked.

Oh, and if you're using an Apple product, you'll need to ask someone else.

ADVERTISEMENT