ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATED 10/19........INCOMING Talent: The Future Is Bright......And Competitive

Sportfan2017

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2017
UPDATED: 10/19: Got Bored so I decided to take a look at future talent that are committed but have yet to hit the mat for their team. I initially limited it to teams that I thought will be in the running for top dog.....then I went nuts. ( Full Disclosure.....I have been nuts for quite some time ) . I took the numbers from FLO's Big Board rankings for their Senior season. A LOT of talent that will be fun to watch and make the Team Race very competitive for years to come.

Penn State: Total= 11
#2 Brooks
#5 Manville
#6 Berge
#11 Beard
#12 RBY
#16 Teasdale
#20 Verkleeren
#20 J. Lee
#22 S. Nevills
#25 Busiello
#34 Teske

Ohio State: Total= 15
#1 Kirkvliet
#4 Sasso
#5 Jo. Decatur
#10 Kharchla
#10 Hoffman
#10 Singletary
#15 Kinner
#16 Romero
#24 Mattox
#33 Smith
#35 R. Jordan
#35 D'Emillio
#37 Heinselman
#62 Ja. Decatur
#65 Cleary

Iowa: Total= 14
#7 Warner
#8 Kennedy
#9 Sokol
#13 Cassiopi
#18 Assad
#24 Schriever
#42 Ybarra
#44 Murin
#47 Glazier
#79 Costello
#80 Cashman
#93 Brands...…….I personally guarantee that he significantly outperforms this ranking.
Tr. Lugo
Tr. Desanto

Oklahoma State: Total= 8
#1 Fix
#4 Plott
#6 Wittlake
#9 Mastrogiovanni
#12 Balmeceda
#15 Gfeller
#33 Montalvo
#47 Doucet

Dark Horses:

Cornell: Total= 10
#4 Araju
#9 Ramirez
#11 Cardenas
#18 Diakomihalis
#34 Foca
#40 Reiniche
#54 Brindley
#59 Janney
#64 YaPoujian
#76 Moomey

Michigan: Total= 10
#3 Parris
#3 McKenry
#7 Silva
#7 Storr
#19 Amine
#28 Lewan
#28 Embree
#34 Freeman
#38 Van Anroy
#57 Davison

Studs but Even Darker Horses:

Arizona State: Total= 5
#1 Schultz
#7 Chiebove…. Maybe.....stay tuned
#30 Raimo
#40 Courtney
#77 Belton

Minnesota: Total= 6
#1 Stevenson
#13 Lee
#25 Allar
#28 Thomas
#38 McKee
#58 Ramos

Teams whose Future is SO Bright...….To Avoid Retinal Damage...…...EVERY Fan is required by LAW to wear Welder's Goggles to All Matches. GUARANTEED Top 3 Every Year*

Rutgers: Total= More than we need
#15 Aragona
#42 Turley
#60 Kanniard
#65 Janzer
#69 Lightner
#78 O'Neil
#85 Aguillar

* Guarantee void in New Jersey

I am sure I missed someone ...let me know if I did.

Last edited:
Um, Rutgers. Duh. You did say "in the running for top dog."
It looks like they (Rutgers coaching staff) haven't figured out how to poach just an occasional wrestler from other programs. So relying on their ability to develop talent, the top dog claim Rutgers is chasing is best program short of Princeton in New Jersey.

Reactions: diggerpup
WOW and Best of luck, sort of wish I was Aaron's travel agent, $$$$. On flip side, would Not want to be his opponent at any of those events. :oops:

Hope the family can squeeze in a little Turkey late in the month.

While he's not incoming to PSU (at least not yet), this is as good a place as any ...

Awful news about AAA 152 state finalist Gage McClenahan (Bald Eagle Area 2020). Can't imagine him wrestling this year, and hopefully he's able to return to any athletics next year.

I wanted to give you guys Aaron’s schedule for November:

November (two college Folkstyle events at 184lbs

3 Cowboy Open (Wyoming University) 3pm EST on Flowrestling

10 UNC Open (University of Northern CO)

27-01 Martyrs Cup (Iran, Tehran) FS UWW 86kg

Thanks for the info. Is Aaron by any chance going to the Roadrunner Open in Bakersfield in Nov?

so Aaron will enroll at PSU in the summer of 2019 ... is that correct?

I havent looked forward to seeing a kid in B&W this much since learning that Nolf chose PSU ... cant wait to see Aaron compete for PSU

so Aaron will enroll at PSU in the summer of 2019 ... is that correct?

I havent looked forward to seeing a kid in B&W this much since learning that Nolf chose PSU ... cant wait to see Aaron compete for PSU
Judging by the last two, Aaron’s summer might a bit busy.

I wanted to give you guys Aaron’s schedule for November:

November (two college Folkstyle events at 184lbs

3 Cowboy Open (Wyoming University) 3pm EST on Flowrestling

10 UNC Open (University of Northern CO)

27-01 Martyrs Cup (Iran, Tehran) FS UWW 86kg

And to think with every one of those events he keeps learning and developing. He may prove to be the most 'ready' incoming freshman we've ever had. You have done a fine job with that young man on and off the matt from everything I have read.

We are all so anxious to see him in a blue and white singlet is killing is, only to think he may also have a red shirt year at some point as well.

I keep telling myself patience, patience,.....

Despite the verbal, as a grey shirt I assume he can't sign a NLI until a year from now. Hopefully that doesn't mean you have to deal with a lot of recruiters still trying to take him away from us. With every new tourney and victory I suspect some will become even more aggressive.

If the need arises just send call out to BWI and I suspect you could get a Blue and white neighborhood watch to patrol your area at night.

Please keep us posted if/when any of these events are available on a stream somewhere, and give an update or two especially w.r.t. international events so we can follow his development.

No, just those two events in November, he will attend those with the EAP program and coach Jackson. He is home in December, so, not sure about the month yet.

Thanks for the updates,

Best wishes to your son on a healthy and productive season. Enjoy the ride

My 8 yr old son asked me who will wrestle for Penn St when the current guys graduate and all I said “Wait till you see who’s next!”

Good luck this winter, we’ll be searching the inter webs for match videos!

Agreed, I would think this is a better approach then avoiding all the internet talk. Get on here,with actual name, set the record strait, dont be an idiot like PD2 and I think people will be less likely to post premature info and gossip when we know we can rely on “ Mr Brooks” for all the info we need. Thank you John, hope Aaron and ur entire family enjoy the ride!!

Reactions: Goathead88 and Ski
Nick Lee was a top P4P wrestler after his junior year, also. I know he wrestled with the NLWC his senior year but he was still top notch recruit.

Last edited:
hmmmmmmmmm 'scuse me professor? Or is that memory already banned?
That would be the "occasional" success. For Rutgers to become successful, they will need to upgrade their poaching to something above occasionally successful.

In the referenced post it should have read

looks like they (Rutgers coaching staff) haven't figured out how to poach more than just an occasional wrestler from other programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT