ADVERTISEMENT

In the absence of fans @ B1G FB stadiums

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
Will the schools be able to pipe in crowd noise/videos to create some atmosphere and give some home field advantage? Thinking OSU game which would have been a white out, but now that has been squashed. Need some kind of help to create a difficult atmosphere for OSU.

Reactions: crd5333
I hope by 10/24 they have enough time to reverse the "no attendance" policy and do the 20-25% like most of the SEC schools. Watching some of the SEC games over the weekend, 20-25% is not much, but it's better than nothing and at least gives a little atmosphere.

Heck, watching a game with 20-25% attendance is kind of like watching a non-covid year game at pitt or at Miami. I'm guessing on a non-covid year, pitt or Miami have about 20-25% attendance.

I hope by 10/24 they have enough time to reverse the "no attendance" policy and do the 20-25% like most of the SEC schools. Watching some of the SEC games over the weekend, 20-25% is not much, but it's better than nothing and at least gives a little atmosphere.

Heck, watching a game with 20-25% attendance is kind of like watching a non-covid year game at pitt or at Miami. I'm guessing on a non-covid year, pitt or Miami have about 20-25% attendance.

Yes. Watching the Miss St-LSU game, I thought why pray tell can't the B1G do this. At least having the band would add a lot. I'm hopeful they'll change the policy but I won't be holding my breath.

But can they even do that since they either refunded or rolled over the tickets for next year? Maybe the could come up with a plan for the students and I would be more than alright with that.

But can they even do that since they either refunded or rolled over the tickets for next year? Maybe the could come up with a plan for the students and I would be more than alright with that.
If they will not allow band and students, I would propose band and students show up outside the stadium and the university set up some big screens around the outside of the stadium. It can be done with advance planning. Ensure they all wear masks and perhaps the state and school would be OK with that as an alternative.

Will the schools be able to pipe in crowd noise/videos to create some atmosphere and give some home field advantage? Thinking OSU game which would have been a white out, but now that has been squashed. Need some kind of help to create a difficult atmosphere for OSU.
yes- but to make it fair, the B1G will issue the sound systems to be used by each school

ten teams will receive one of these
iu

tOSU and Meatchicken get
iu

Reactions: Option Bob

Interestingly, I took a peek at retransmission rates by state this morning. From what I understand you want to be below 1. If you sort by football conference, the SEC have 7 states below 1 and 4 above, while the BIG has 3 states below 1 and 8 above.

Yes. Watching the Miss St-LSU game, I thought why pray tell can't the B1G do this. At least having the band would add a lot. I'm hopeful they'll change the policy but I won't be holding my breath.
because the band blows aerosols onto the field. You know, like actual players.

If they will not allow band and students, I would propose band and students show up outside the stadium and the university set up some big screens around the outside of the stadium. It can be done with advance planning. Ensure they all wear masks and perhaps the state and school would be OK with that as an alternative.

great idea... what could go wrong?

Reactions: 007Bulldog

I'd like to see them follow the ND model and just allow students, parents and school admin people. Take a pass on all other fans this year. Students is very easy to fix, just start alloting tickets based on class rank. Parents is an easy fix, and so to would be school admin personnel. Penn St (or any other B1G school) could easily get to the 20-25% level using these 3 groups.

We all agree about that, hopefully the BIG leadership will come to that realization.

Agree. Hate to give any credit to ND, but I heard an official for ND a few weeks back explaining their attendance policy and he absolutely nailed it..... to paraphrase when asked about NDs attendance policy the reply was..."Why not allow students, these students are together all week long on campus anyhow so why not 3 hours in a stadium. And parents should always be allowed to watch their children play". BANG............ Can Penn State borrow that dude from ND.?

I'd like to see them follow the ND model and just allow students, parents and school admin people. Take a pass on all other fans this year. Students is very easy to fix, just start alloting tickets based on class rank. Parents is an easy fix, and so to would be school admin personnel. Penn St (or any other B1G school) could easily get to the 20-25% level using these 3 groups.
Definitely.

yes- but to make it fair, the B1G will issue the sound systems to be used by each school

ten teams will receive one of these
iu

tOSU and Meatchicken get
iu

What will the other 2 teams get? I'm guessing you mean Penn State and Nebraska which will be allowed to use sign language.😉😷

ADVERTISEMENT