ADVERTISEMENT

In defense of the test/politics board

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Lots here love to hate the test board. Always throwing shade it’s way. The hatred and vile is down right distasteful.....almost as bad as some of the test board posts themselves. But if nothing else it provided a space for others to vent away from this board.

Yes it gets messy and downright ugly. Some people are way over the top. But I have see a lot of tasteless posts on the M board also. Rude, insulting, embarrassing, distasteful, lacking class. Endless threads trading insults, showing tuff guy internet muscles, always having to have the last word, desperate for attention, the whole gambit of human frailties. So don’t be throwing stones....

And the test board often has some great material. Sure it is full of garbage but so is this board.....ever read the game day threads?......the media, the entire internet. Like everything else in life one needs to clear away the chaff to get to the grain. The various posters there often post links to stories or studies that I otherwise would have missed. Universities, foundations, non profits, governmental, think tanks, and more. As there is no way for anyone to survey all sources, it was a great way to enlist others to help find relevant information. Even though I watch far more news from many sources than the average person I undoubtedly learned a lot from fellow posters there and am grateful for it. Like the AKB, it has been a valuable source.

Hopefully it will continue, if not here perhaps at another home. Thanks to all who posted intelligent, reasonable posts and backed them up with links to sources.

Lots here love to hate the test board. Always throwing shade it’s way. The hatred and vile is down right distasteful.....almost as bad as some of the test board posts themselves. But if nothing else it provided a space for others to vent away from this board.

Yes it gets messy and downright ugly. Some people are way over the top. But I have see a lot of tasteless posts on the M board also. Rude, insulting, embarrassing, distasteful, lacking class. Endless threads trading insults, showing tuff guy internet muscles, always having to have the last word, desperate for attention, the whole gambit of human frailties. So don’t be throwing stones....

And the test board often has some great material. Sure it is full of garbage but so is this board.....ever read the game day threads?......the media, the entire internet. Like everything else in life one needs to clear away the chaff to get to the grain. The various posters there often post links to stories or studies that I otherwise would have missed. Universities, foundations, non profits, governmental, think tanks, and more. As there is no way for anyone to survey all sources, it was a great way to enlist others to help find relevant information. Even though I watch far more news from many sources than the average person I undoubtedly learned a lot from fellow posters there and am grateful for it. Like the AKB, it has been a valuable source.

Hopefully it will continue, if not here perhaps at another home. Thanks to all who posted intelligent, reasonable posts and backed them up with links to sources.

It’s mostly an unmoderated 4chan board (for a certain demographic) full of conspiracy theories and incivility where rando social media posts pass for vetted sources. It’s a giant hate fest and people use it as a backstop to post stuff like ‘Let’s go Brandon!’ in McAndrew Board posts knowing they’ll get moved or deleted. I would think there are dozens if not thousands of political message boards where you can have whatever discussions you want. The tenor there bleeds into normal discussions here and it’s not fun or productive. I get politics is entertainment for many; happy there isn’t space for it on the new board.

See you there!

It’s mostly an unmoderated 4chan board (for a certain demographic) full of conspiracy theories and incivility where rando social media posts pass for vetted sources. It’s a giant hate fest and people use it as a backstop to post stuff like ‘Let’s go Brandon!’ in McAndrew Board posts knowing they’ll get moved or deleted. I would think there are dozens if not thousands of political message boards where you can have whatever discussions you want. The tenor there bleeds into normal discussions here and it’s not fun or productive. I get politics is entertainment for many; happy there isn’t space for it on the new board.

See you there!
Well, the test board had a couple advantages. It was small enough to have conversations with people while other boards get so overwhelmed with responses that become impossible. And it had close to a balance on both sides so you didn’t get one side shouting down the other. Thus it wasn’t an echo chamber for one side or the other. And being PSU base it had at least a little higher intelligence base.

Certainly got fed up with the nonsense. Called out some for it. Put the worst of them of ignore.

Last edited:

See you there!

What's great about the Test Board, as compared to some of those other political sites you mentioned, is that you get BOTH sides actually being able to debate each other, with neither side worrying about being silenced. It's not a freakin boring echo chamber where either everyone agrees with you, or no one agrees with you, and you get banned.

LONG LIVE THE TEST BOARD!!!! ALLOW IT TO REMAIN!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

What's great about the Test Board, as compared to some of those other political sites you mentioned, is that you get BOTH sides actually being able to debate each other, with neither side worrying about being silenced. It's not a freakin boring echo chamber where either everyone agrees with you, or no one agrees with you, and you get banned.

i move to have those on the Test Board be identified & rounded-up so that their organs / tissue / fluids may be harvested

It's Halloween.

The flick ain't over.

I will never get into religion, politics or any topic that makes someone I care about get a rise the wrong way. Here seems to have opened a gate way to hell.

Only person on here I personally care about is my uncle and we will never exactly see eyeyo eye and that is fine. OUR own beliefs.

Reactions: TheGLOV
It was nothing more gruesome than watching Dallas Cowboys cheerleader nation coast to coast to coast limp into the Super Bowl to get Chumbawumbah'd by Buffalo or Baldy-more.

I haven’t read past the first post in this thread but I don’t believe that this new board can work without an accompanying Test Board. The McAndrew Board worked because it had its Test Board.

There is no defense for that cesspool.

There is no defense for that cesspool.
There are some loons, on both sides of the aisle, no doubt. That is why God invented the ignore feature. But you'd be shocked at how smart many are. I am often challenged with comments about somebody I didn't even know existed that was on a POTUS or SCOTUS staff from this or previous administrations. There is also the free exchange of news and thoughts that the media doesn't want you to know. (tons of uber important news is totally ignored, from both sides). It has become a source of information that simply is not surfaced on the news networks or the "print" media. I look at it like the National Star *which is what all media has become. You have to wade through a lot of crap to get to a nugget that is incredibly important to know but not easily available. Currently, you've got Crypto, Rittenhouse trial, J-6 adjudications, SCOTUS rulings, COVID rights issues, social media censoring....just a ton going on and hard to keep track of, frankly.

ADVERTISEMENT