ADVERTISEMENT

IMHO, PSU has shown the most important ingredients to beat scUM

I'm in no way predicting that PSU will beat scUM, but it is far, far closer than most predicted at the start of the season. Even so, the game is @scUM which is a huge advantage.

But back to my original topic.... The #1 reason I say this game will be much closer than most predicted is the play of PSU's defense - especially against the run. Our DL is much better than most of the Debbie Downers predicted... Chop Robinson is emerging, Mustipher is back, etc., etc., etc... The #1 Key to PSU beating scUM is shutting down their rushing attack.

Cliff, and this offense, have shown their capable of beating scUM - it is largely a question of which Cliff we get... Good Cliff or Bad Cliff.

Again, not predicting a win merely saying that all the necessary ingredients are there - PSU does have sufficient talent and in the right places to beat scUM. And PSU is the best team scUM will have faced to-date.... and scUM showed some cracks the last 2 consecutive weeks against less talented teams. This game is going to be close game imo regardless of which team wins.
Lol. definitely a glass half full.

Watched parts of the B1G in Sixty re-play of the UM-Iowa game. Neither of our rookie RB's have reached Corum's level yet...IMO they will, but they're not there yet...and McCarthy, based on a small sample size, looks to be a better runner and definitely better passer than Clifford. Don't sleep on Michigan's D either. Bottom line...winning in AA this year is gonna be really tough.
I watched a different game. I saw McCarthy throw nothing but safe balls near the boundaries or 5 yard drag patterns over the middle. Another thing I saw was slow Iowa receivers running pretty wide open downfield and an incredibly scattershot quarterback throwing the ball over their heads or five yards behind them.

The game plan to beat Michigan is to be patient, take what they give you, and be efficient with scoring opportunities, and defensively, limit Corum and their run game and force McCarthy to beat you while getting him off his platform throwing the ball. Pretty darn similar to the plan on how to beat us lol...

This game is going to come down to who blinks first, and which quarterback can stay within himself and limit mistakes. Ain't gonna see any fake fg jive or 4 yard drag patterns turned into 60 yard game winning touchdowns. This one is gonna go by the book.

I watched a different game. I saw McCarthy throw nothing but safe balls near the boundaries or 5 yard drag patterns over the middle. Another thing I saw was slow Iowa receivers running pretty wide open downfield and an incredibly scattershot quarterback throwing the ball over their heads or five yards behind them.
Whoa, my friend..."scattershot" QB's don't complete 80% of their passes...

The MOST important ingredient to beating scUM is getting a non-biased officiating crew on the field for the game. And PSU seems to have no control or even any input into that outcome......
They will screw us…that is an absolute given…we can overcome it but plan on 7-10 points provided based upon built in bias - demonstrable over many games and decades.

I am going on a hunch that this game will be all about coaching. One thing CJF has had is keeping it close. Luck/turnovers etc IMHO will factor. Manny Diaz will be VERY important . Offensive coaching also. We talk about execution ...... my hunch is we NEED to have better coaching first to win. Personally I think Harbaugh shits his pants again and we win. Would not bet a red cent on this game that said .........

I am going on a hunch that this game will be all about coaching. One thing CJF has had is keeping it close. Luck/turnovers etc IMHO will factor. Manny Diaz will be VERY important . Offensive coaching also. We talk about execution ...... my hunch is we NEED to have better coaching first to win. Personally I think Harbaugh shits his pants again and we win. Would not bet a red cent on this game that said .........
I'm a Franklin critic but his game management has been much better this year *knocks wood*.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
ADVERTISEMENT