ADVERTISEMENT

I'm thinking that the Big 10 may be interested in KU and WVU.

Virginia.

Maryland needs a playmate!
Virginia isn’t any better than Kansas. Go after Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Notre Dame.

ND will be forced to join a conference as this unfolds. Clemson is out of the SEC per the agreement between South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, and Georgia (IIRC). FSU was always reluctant to join the SEC years ago and Florida would block them.

if the big wanted to blow things up they would combine with the pac 12
that could bring in nd too

sec and big could break up the acc too....then it would just be 2 conferences...
like the nfl

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
Virginia isn’t any better than Kansas. Go after Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Notre Dame.

ND will be forced to join a conference as this unfolds. Clemson is out of the SEC per the agreement between South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, and Georgia (IIRC). FSU was always reluctant to join the SEC years ago and Florida would block them.
What is the agreement between South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, and Georgia? If it's to vote against admitting schools which are in those states simply to protect their own interests then they're a bunch of hypocrites in wanting to admit Texas.

What is the agreement between South Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, and Georgia? If it's to vote against admitting schools which are in those states simply to protect their own interests then they're a bunch of hypocrites in wanting to admit Texas.
It is (or at least was). It was a supposed agreement to keep their rivals out of the SEC (Louisville, Clemson, FSU, and Georgia Tech). From what I’ve read according to the SEC bylaws it takes 4 votes to keep a school out and they had a pact to protect each other’s interests.

PSU needs to be proactive, if the SEC is truly targeting UM and OSU, the Big 10 is all but dead if they bolt. If I'm the ACC I'm trying to lure PSU, MD(Back), land WVU and UCF, possibly Cinci and find out if A&M is willing to leave after the back stabbing the SEC just gave them. Keep Clemson and FSU a long with ND in the fold and you have one nice ass conference.. That is a conference that could land one big ass tv deal as well..
The SEC targeting OSU and Michigan is a load of crap. The B1G is still an extremely sound financial league - PSU, OSU, UM, Wisky etc.... aren't going anywhere.

And if you read the SEC boards, many of their fans are not happy with the expansion. A few are OK with Oklahoma being added but many are dead set AGAINST adding Texas who's viewed as a cancer that's destroyed and alienated every league they've been in and always want everything their way

Perhaps.

But, adding Virginia brings more expansion to the Big-Ten and $$$.

Opens up recruiting there even more.

Just keep ND the hell out of the Big-Ten!!

The SEC targeting OSU and Michigan is a load of crap. The B1G is still an extremely sound financial league - PSU, OSU, UM, Wisky etc.... aren't going anywhere.
It would be funny if a lot of realignment starts happening and the B1G East basically turns into the conference that PSU wanted 40 years ago. If Pitt, WVU and Syracuse joined that would basically be it

Reactions: bison13
It would be funny if a lot of realignment starts happening and the B1G East basically turns into the conference that PSU wanted 40 years ago. If Pitt, WVU and Syracuse joined that would basically be it
I'm not so sure the B1G is going to think about realignment or expansion just because of what the SEC is doing. I saw a projection on another board - can't remember which one it was - that if the SEC adds both OK and Texas, the projected payouts to each of their members in 2024 is $90 million by the SEC and around $80 to 85 million by the B1G. That's a ton of money which just says both leagues are financial giants. And let's face it, as much as all fans complain how their schools get screwed, it all boils down to money and profit - just like in any business

But like I mentioned before, is all of the profits worth the headaches that Texas will bring to the SEC ? Still haven't heard what will become of their massive Longhorn Network once they become part of the SEC.

The only person loving this idea is Barry up in Madison. He can finally, even in retirement, run the remains of the BIG anyway he chooses without any interference. The Badgers will go to the Rose Bowl every year despite their record, and he’ll probably be the Grand Marshall of the parade.
Barry was hired this week to work for the B1G. Not sure what position. Too bad for PSU as he will continue to have influence to stick it to PSU.

I'm not so sure the B1G is going to think about realignment or expansion just because of what the SEC is doing. I saw a projection on another board - can't remember which one it was - that if the SEC adds both OK and Texas, the projected payouts to each of their members in 2024 is $90 million by the SEC and around $80 to 85 million by the B1G. That's a ton of money which just says both leagues are financial giants. And let's face it, as much as all fans complain how their schools get screwed, it all boils down to money and profit - just like in any business

But like I mentioned before, is all of the profits worth the headaches that Texas will bring to the SEC ? Still haven't heard what will become of their massive Longhorn Network once they become part of the SEC.

I doubt that any of those projections will end up being correct by 2024. Lots of factors could end the CFB gravy train.

The Longhorn network is kaputski. From what I read, it’s a money loser.

Reactions: psu00 and TheGLOV
Like PSU TV or Lion Vision with Jack Ham and those satellite dishes??

Remember that??

The dedicated college networks all remind me of the Olympics Triplecast. Just because somebody had the idea does not make it a good idea. The BTN somehow persists, but I doubt it will last another 10 years.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Perhaps.

But, adding Virginia brings more expansion to the Big-Ten and $$$.

Opens up recruiting there even more.

Just keep ND the hell out of the Big-Ten!!
UVA isn't bringing that much money. The conference already has a strong presence in Northern VA, and you're not getting much by adding the Richmond, Roanoke, and tidewater markets. It also does about as much for recruiting as adding Rutgers did for New Jersey recruiting and adding UMD did for Maryland recruiting. PSU has done well in VA for a long time, and the states' top recruits have shown no reluctance to leave the state when signing day comes, often never giving UVA or VT much of a look.

I doubt that any of those projections will end up being correct by 2024. Lots of factors could end the CFB gravy train.
Agree, but I was just trying to make the point that you just don't start messing with a cash cow just because someone else does something profitable

UVA isn't bringing that much money. The conference already has a strong presence in Northern VA, and you're not getting much by adding the Richmond, Roanoke, and tidewater markets. It also does about as much for recruiting as adding Rutgers did for New Jersey recruiting and adding UMD did for Maryland recruiting. PSU has done well in VA for a long time, and the states' top recruits have shown no reluctance to leave the state when signing day comes, often never giving UVA or VT much of a look.

Disagree Dave.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT